PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 2 Touch Pro 2, Apache (still working great)
Carrier: ALL SERO, ALL THE TIME with android

EJFudd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built 8/6th || Manila 2.1

Does anyone know if live search will work on this rom with the gps? Or is Live search dead and now we are using bing?

Last edited by EJFudd; 08-07-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built 8/6th || Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamynzNPearlz View Post
They are carrier cabs specific to you service provider. I don't think we need to install those anymore for the internet to work and the phone to provision, at least not for Sprint.
I'd love some clarification. After a flash of the last two(?) versions I had no options to update PRL/PRI/profile. After installing the Sprint carrier cab they were there. Someone posted they were cooked in? Am I missing something? I know you can use the phone without them and you can get PRL updated via *2 but what about PRI or profile?
Old 08-07-2009, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 2 Touch Pro 2, Apache (still working great)
Carrier: ALL SERO, ALL THE TIME with android

EJFudd is a n00b

Sorry I just realized bing is the same as the old live search.

Love the ROM!! Really appreciate it. Where do I give? Show me the link for showing my appreciation!!
Old 08-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJFudd View Post
Does anyone know if live search will work on this rom with the gps? Or is Live search dead and now we are using bing?
LOL...I thought Live Search was dead too until I realized Bing is the exact same program.

|Sprint 'Evo'|
|Follow me on Twitter @LarkNoVoorhies|
Old 08-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
I'd love some clarification. After a flash of the last two(?) versions I had no options to update PRL/PRI/profile. After installing the Sprint carrier cab they were there. Someone posted they were cooked in? Am I missing something? I know you can use the phone without them and you can get PRL updated via *2 but what about PRI or profile?
I honestly have no clue, but I am sure someone here can answer that.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:58 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalz71 View Post
Three faces, thanks for the FAQ re 2.1. Have you had any answering issues and if so, other the edits listed, is there anything else you are doing you can share to help this?
I previously had issues with Tachi and enjoyed the regular dialer when it was available, but I did also experience "tachi-like" issues with the regular dialer...slide to answer problems, where it just gets hung up for a minute. Other than some of the known suggested fixes, I haven't come across anything that definitively fixed the problem.

I'm still slowly working through my install of 8/6 and will share out anything helpful I come across.

Keeping up with the XDA thread on 2.1 is very helpful and I recommend it to everyone. With 2.1 just being released and chefs just starting to cook it into their ROMS, you can imagine there will be a host of cascading fixes and what not cropping up daily.

Sashimi City.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: Verizon

bkurek is becoming a great contributor
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built August 1st ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkurek View Post
+titanium weather +weather fix +chome editor. holding steady at 80% used.

ssmaho error messages continue "unable to autostart" randomly.

this is pretty much it for me. if there's anything else anyone wants tested on verizon please let me know. thanks.
after ~day of running we're back at 85% to 90% used. 85 is ok to run one app at a time but when you get to 90 opera and pocket outlook will start to either crash with low memory errors or just close. in my humble opinion although this rom is a magnificent creation the verizon tp doesn't have the ram to enjoy it. shame because it really is very visually appealing in every way. its' the first rom out of a good 100 i've tried where i actually dont hate 6.5/titanium/start button.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
When you installed the PRL this one stay in your principal memory and dosen't matter if you flash many times.
Only if you back to the stock the PRL will be change it.
If you want to renew the actual Sprint PRL take it *2

Original Posted
Lsme420

PRL change is not the cause of your slow web unless you are in roam. This is a quote off the interweb....
"The PRL is a list of information that resides in the memory of a digital phone. It lists the frequency bands the phone can use in various parts of the country. (The smaller bands within Cellular or PCS.) The part of the list for each area is ordered by the bands the phone should try to use first. For example, say you had a Sprint PCS phone, and were travelling in an area with no Sprint coverage, weak Verizon coverage, and strong Qwest coverage. The PRL would tell the phone to look for towers using Sprint's band for that area. Finding none, it might tell the phone to search for towers in Verizon's band next, perhaps because Sprint's roaming agreement with Qwest was not as favorable, or none existed. The phone would use Verizon's towers, as dictated by the PRL, even though Qwest might provide a better signal."
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tp Custom/BB Tour5.0.230
Carrier: Sprint ;>(

sprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good worksprintnerd is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to sprintnerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJFudd View Post
I think it DEAD..............
Old 08-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: NRG Touch Pro

robbor6386 is just getting started

im also having issues with the tachi dialer cooked into the refried 8/6 build, i also installed the pimp package. I was wondering if anyone else has the issue of the contact not coming up when the phone is ringing. Not even a number shows up so its kind of a hassle. If anyone has a fix/workaround to help me find out whos calling me it would be greatly appreciated. Also thanks for the awesome rom NRG.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro