PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

secondechomatt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
...sweet, Ill check it.

What ROM are you running and how did you restore/backup your contacts?
21864 and I used sprite backup. Only did the PIM restore.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint/HTC Touch Pro 2

KCS2K is a n00b
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

drdrewdown & Root

Thanks, I have never flashed back to OEM before and until now never had a problem. Guess I have been lucky.

Unfortunately I won't really have time to do the "flash dance" until tomorrow at the earliest. Good thing Google and MyPhone have moved everything to the cloud or I would have lost my sanity by now.

Can't wait to get this running right, between last night and this morning prior to my hard reset it was running great!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
...will they go through if you turn SENSE off?
Nope!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Touch Pro (Sprint)

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyassfung View Post
this rom just keep getting worse every minute by the day.

1. cant add a shortcut that is at the bottom of the list
2. cant turn off that annoyingvibrate( was off then after a soft reset, stayed on and no longer can turn off)
3. cant turn off t9 , word recognition or whatever you call it(keep getting errors)
4. typing new messages is annoying bc the screen goes white. i text alot and this is by far the worst he's done so far. (might look nice but looks can be decieving)
5. Cannot take off my location like you use to in weather
etc and the list goes on

Edit: Also, PLEASE tell me why do i have to go onto another site(twitter) just to see whats the new updates to this rom?

energy rom use to be good fast reliable and convenient but now its less convenient and useless crap keep getting added on. seriously vibrate to type or any button press?

im not going to deny its fast but with so many problems... i think my energy rom days are over.
Then don't use it... or go back to an older one stamped for EVERYDAY USE! THESE 2.5's ARE NOT!! Be happy with it or go back to an older one, or a 2.1 version. NRG does this great work for FREE and he doesn't even have a TP to work with. He does this BLIND! Show some appreciation, some respect, or don't say anything. We don't need or want your negativity...
Old 11-12-2009, 03:08 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondechomatt View Post
21864 and I used sprite backup. Only did the PIM restore.
It *could* be Sprite...I always use a combo of Outlook and MyPhone without problems. I know other folks in the past have reported issues with Sprite backups, so I've always steered away.

Did you happen to sync your contacts with MyPhone? ...a looooong work around would be to flash a version where you last had it working, back up with MyPhone [cooked into the ROM], flash back to what you're currently running, and import.

I mean, I could see the potential for error if you were going from a PIM backup in 2.1 to a restore in 2.5...maybe there's some conflict there? Sorry I don't have better information on this.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:12 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonlbrown View Post
Nope!
...if you're feeling adventurous, flash to stock and see what happens. That's a big IF.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Other people I know are having SMS issues as well and they do not have modified devices or even the same device.

It just so happened to start at the same time I think.
Thought it was my device at first as well but then started asking around.
People in other places using these roms say they do not have the SMS lag issues as well.

Mine sometimes go right through but other times the device shows sent and it takes hours for the other person to get.
So if it leaves my device and takes hours for the other party to get, it only goes to reason it has to be the server.
Yeah Root, you was right SPRINT is having issues. I just talked to them to confirm it and to actually se when it started so I can see if it is the ROM or just SPRINT.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:18 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyassfung

2. cant turn off that annoyingvibrate( was off then after a soft reset, stayed on and no longer can turn off)
3. cant turn off t9 , word recognition or whatever you call it(keep getting errors)
4. typing new messages is annoying bc the screen goes white. i text alot and this is by far the worst he's done so far. (might look nice but looks can be decieving)
etc and the list goes on

Edit: Also, PLEASE tell me why do i have to go onto another site(twitter) just to see whats the new updates to this rom?

energy rom use to be good fast reliable and convenient but now its less convenient and useless crap keep getting added on. seriously vibrate to type or any button press?

im not going to deny its fast but with so many problems... i think my energy rom days are over.
Alrighty then....

1. I can add shortcuts to mine. All like 12 of them... ( Not using fullscreen or there would be more )

2. I posted a cab to fix that. Not a problem.

3. T9 turns on and off here perfectly, on virtual kb and hard kb.

4. Screen doesn't turn white on me ever while texting.

5. Can add and remove weather cities all day here.

And as for the Edit.
NRG cooks way to many roms now and it is faster and easier for him to just tweet than go to mutiple forums and threads to post the same info.
He works his azz off to make these and we have to understand he needs a life.

NRG rom is STILL good, fast and reliable.

If you go to another chef then have fun.
You will NOT get the quality of this WM 6.5 Manila 2.5 rom anywhere.

Ok I am done.
Take care.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:19 PM
VIP Member

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyassfung View Post

etc and the list goes on

This wil help you for all:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...16#post1312016
Old 11-12-2009, 03:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint Sero 500

ssgt_t42 is a n00b

OK well Im still having the text issues as well. I know its not Sprint because my wife is sending and receiving text just fine. I installed the Sprint Picture Mail cab and was able to received AND send a picture mail just fine. This did start happening when I flashed the 11/10 2.5 23504 rom. So I dont know what else to try. Any suggestions?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro