PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Ummm... That is a new one on me.
You sure the contacts match the numbers you are texting?
Do they have all the digits like area code?

Make sure the contact numbers have the same number EXACTLY like the text messages.
Most probably require area codes.
Hey root, you did say Sprint was having text issues right? I swear none of my text went out and now i'm starting to have missed call issues.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint/HTC Touch Pro 2

KCS2K is a n00b
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Any one having automatic hard reset issues? Phone has now hard reset twice in less than 24hrs. I make sure to wipe the device after each flash I do and also load my roms on the boot loader screen.

I am running the 11/10 23504 with Sense 2.5

Any thoughts on what it might be? This last time phone had been running fine. Went to reply to a text, pooped out the keyboard and it froze. Hit the soft reset button and BOOM hard reset. Same thing with the previous auto hard reset, was doing some things phone froze hit the soft reset key and BANG hard reset.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

i wont go as far as say sprint having problems, all of my issues that i'm having now, appeared when i flashed the 2.5 rom. just my $0.02
Old 11-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCS2K View Post
Any one having automatic hard reset issues? Phone has now hard reset twice in less than 24hrs. I make sure to wipe the device after each flash I do and also load my roms on the boot loader screen.

Any thoughts on what it might be? This last time phone had been running fine. Went to reply to a text, pooped out the keyboard and it froze. Hit the soft reset button and BOOM hard reset. Same thing with the previous auto hard reset, was doing some things phone froze hit the soft reset key and BANG hard reset.
this has to be fixed with the "flash dance".. go back to stock rom & then reflash to nrg.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:49 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrewdown View Post
oh sorry guys. i assumed palringo was something most of us used! www.palringo.com has downloads for either your phone and/or your pc. the palringo chat client supports almost All the chat protocols (aim, yahoo, google chat, icq, msn etc..) & it also supports "groups" PPCgeeks has a group in palringo with around 70 members. I am just starting this group dedicated to "ENERGY ROM ADDICTS" like ourselves. just to avoid some of the chit chat back & forth on the thread which can clutter it up.

once u have a palringo account you just simply click groups>join group & type energy roms & it'll bring you in there. there are only a couple of us in there at the moment, but i think with the right group of people, it could really make a big difference & then we can post fixes etc on the forum instead of all the chit chat.

palringo is completely free FYI. hope to see some of you guys around.
...sweet, Ill check it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondechomatt View Post
anyone? bueller?

I didn't want it to get lost.
What ROM are you running and how did you restore/backup your contacts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyassfung View Post
this rom just keep getting worse every minute by the day.

1. cant add a shortcut that is at the bottom of the list
2. cant turn off that annoyingvibrate( was off then after a soft reset, stayed on and no longer can turn off)
3. cant turn off t9 , word recognition or whatever you call it(keep getting errors)
4. typing new messages is annoying bc the screen goes white. i text alot and this is by far the worst he's done so far. (might look nice but looks can be decieving)
5. Cannot take off my location like you use to in weather
etc and the list goes on

Edit: Also, PLEASE tell me why do i have to go onto another site(twitter) just to see whats the new updates to this rom?

energy rom use to be good fast reliable and convenient but now its less convenient and useless crap keep getting added on. seriously vibrate to type or any button press?

im not going to deny its fast but with so many problems... i think my energy rom days are over.
Hey dude, please flash back to a 2.1 ROM...2.5 is not what you want. I'll try to help here:

1. What shortcut are you trying to create that you cannot access. You must realize that this port of 2.5, which has NOTHING to do with NRG, is from a WVGA screen, so yes, there are going to be instances where the bottom of a screen cuts off. Let me know what youre specifically trying to link and we can work around it.

2. There are reg edits and cabs posted...you can either search or use the appropriate Guide in my sig which has everything - steps and cabs linked up.

3. what errors? how are you trying to disable it? did you install a new onscreen keyboard? ...this REALLY isn't that hard to do, but I need more info to be helpful. Also, which version fo the ROM youre running.

4. ...um, again, 2.5 has liimited landscape support...NRG didn't port 2.5, so "this is the worst he's done" is unnecessary. ...if you don't dig the new HTC text app, there are also instructisn for disabling it to go back to a more comfortable interface.

5. again, 2.5 related. ...you obviously are not looking for a 2.5 ROM.

EDIT: you don't have to go to Twitter...that's where the kids go to keep up with what he's doing every minute of the day. The information is here, again, if you're reading. I don't use twitter.

PLEASE...inform yourself before blasting this dudes work. If you need assistance, surely someone can help.

My best advice reading your post is to flash one of his 2.1 Builds, which will deliver you the good old ROM you were expecting.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown

Quote:
i wont go as far as say sprint having problems, all of my issues that i'm having now, appeared when i flashed the 2.5 rom. just my $0.02
Well I wasn't having any problems with texts. Now nobody gets a text from me.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:53 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonlbrown View Post
Well I wasn't having any problems with texts. Now nobody gets a text from me.
...will they go through if you turn SENSE off?
Old 11-12-2009, 02:54 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCS2K View Post

First off let me say OUCH!
Quote:
pooped out the keyboard and it froze

Did you by chance re-flash to stock and back to NRG after it hard reset?
You will need to do that if you did not.
Hard reseting just puts the same problematic files back onto the device.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:56 PM
ThreeFaces

By the way...ALL Guides/Threads have been updated for all four builds. Check my sig for the correct Manila version and Build.

Thank you dudes for all of the recommendations...hopefully I got everything.

PM me with questions...Eat it up!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:57 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Other people I know are having SMS issues as well and they do not have modified devices or even the same device.

It just so happened to start at the same time I think.
Thought it was my device at first as well but then started asking around.
People in other places using these roms say they do not have the SMS lag issues as well.

Mine sometimes go right through but other times the device shows sent and it takes hours for the other person to get.
So if it leaves my device and takes hours for the other party to get, it only goes to reason it has to be the server.

Last edited by rootlinux; 11-12-2009 at 03:00 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro