PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28014/21885) |Dec 21| Sense 2.1 and 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post
maybe a early win 7 leak lol vga now that will be something who is going to be first chef with first leak lol
i fear we may all be in nursing homes when that happens

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:35 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28014/21885) |Dec 21| Sense 2.1 and 2

yes i knew it since i am allready at the door of nursing home that means winmo 7 is almost out first leak lol lol lol i can dream can i ?? we had winmo 6.5 long before rtm
what is so new about winmo7 not having leaks closed to be rtm next 6months or so i read about it is almost out lol lol
Old 01-16-2010, 01:38 AM
Almost a VIP

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

maybe private winmo7 new leak rom allready in beta lol lol lol
for the few lucky ones that are chefs man i wish i knew all you do lol
to make roms
Old 01-16-2010, 01:39 AM
Almost a VIP

is our vga love roms ready for a test run???
Old 01-16-2010, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

djdafreund is keeping up the good workdjdafreund is keeping up the good work

I read 2 days ago from a good source that Microsoft JUST announced themselves that they were pushing WinMo7 back to 2011. They just needed more time. It's not confirmed but was posted from a normally reliable website i got it from. Could be why you haven't heard or much seen any final commercial phone's on Engadget, which is normally the web's biggest site for ANY mobile news before anyone else gets it.

Actually, looks like this kind of confirms it which i just read just now. It mentions when they said there ready for a release in a few months, they weren't actually reffering to WM7 at all. This is from the CES show, which is 1st to display technology coming out in time.

A Microsoft spokesperson contacted Betanews today requesting we clarify a story we brought you during the tail end of CES 2010. Specifically, we presented an interview with Windows Phone Senior Marketing Manager Greg Sullivan entitled, "Finally, what to expect from Windows Mobile 7 and Windows Phone."
At the time, we were under the impression that the interview was providing us with a taste of what we could expect from Mobile World Congress in February, and I suggested that Windows Mobile 7 was "only two months away," even though "Microsoft really [wasn't] talking about Windows Mobile 7 specifically." The spokesperson asked us to reiterate that, while we were given an overview of the direction of Windows Phone, we were not speaking specifically of Windows Mobile 7.
The spokesperson did not go into further detail as to which product the interview did concern.
In his Wednesday night keynote address to CES, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer simply said, "We will have more to say on Windows Mobile phones next month at Mobile World Congress," without mentioning versions or even if there would be announcements.
Based on the information we received today, it is clear that Microsoft is not comfortable with Betanews -- or anyone else -- referring to the subject of next month's discussion as "Windows Mobile 7."
Betanews received no such prior warning from Microsoft prior to its announcement of Windows Vista that the product being announced may not be Windows Vista.
Likewise, Betanews received no prior warning from Microsoft ahead of its Windows 7 announcement that the subject might not be Windows 7. Thus we are more likely to conclude that Windows Mobile 7 will not be the subject of the announcement at Mobile World Congress.

Last edited by djdafreund; 01-16-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero with Google

bwarce is just getting started

Well my time with my Touch Pro is just about done. My work told me I was due for an upgrade from Sprint to a Touch Pro 2 BUT after much thought I decided to go with the HTC HERO. I hope I made the right choice for me. But anyways, I should get it on Tuesday and if I don't have to return my Touch Pro I will hit up NRGZ28 to see if he needs a Sprint CDMA Touch Pro to test his bad ass Roms. Anything I can do to help support this awesome community I will.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:43 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

It is possible to port Office 2010 and threaded email to other builds.
Works great on 28xxx builds.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sah0724 is a n00b

Is there any fix for the freezing of the SMS/MMS? My phone freezes for literally minutes when I try to send a text.

If there isn't a fix, I'll go back to a more stable rom in the meantime.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

TwoSteppin4140 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by sah0724 View Post
Is there any fix for the freezing of the SMS/MMS? My phone freezes for literally minutes when I try to send a text.

If there isn't a fix, I'll go back to a more stable rom in the meantime.

Amen. This problem drives me batty. What's the point of having a custom ROM if it can't handle a basic function...like not freezing when I send a text. What a joke.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdafreund View Post
I read 2 days ago from a good source that Microsoft JUST announced themselves that they were pushing WinMo7 back to 2011. They just needed more time. It's not confirmed but was posted from a normally reliable website i got it from. Could be why you haven't heard or much seen any final commercial phone's on Engadget, which is normally the web's biggest site for ANY mobile news before anyone else gets it.

Actually, looks like this kind of confirms it which i just read just now. It mentions when they said there ready for a release in a few months, they weren't actually reffering to WM7 at all. This is from the CES show, which is 1st to display technology coming out in time.

A Microsoft spokesperson contacted Betanews today requesting we clarify a story we brought you during the tail end of CES 2010. Specifically, we presented an interview with Windows Phone Senior Marketing Manager Greg Sullivan entitled, "Finally, what to expect from Windows Mobile 7 and Windows Phone."
At the time, we were under the impression that the interview was providing us with a taste of what we could expect from Mobile World Congress in February, and I suggested that Windows Mobile 7 was "only two months away," even though "Microsoft really [wasn't] talking about Windows Mobile 7 specifically." The spokesperson asked us to reiterate that, while we were given an overview of the direction of Windows Phone, we were not speaking specifically of Windows Mobile 7.
The spokesperson did not go into further detail as to which product the interview did concern.
In his Wednesday night keynote address to CES, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer simply said, "We will have more to say on Windows Mobile phones next month at Mobile World Congress," without mentioning versions or even if there would be announcements.
Based on the information we received today, it is clear that Microsoft is not comfortable with Betanews -- or anyone else -- referring to the subject of next month's discussion as "Windows Mobile 7."
Betanews received no such prior warning from Microsoft prior to its announcement of Windows Vista that the product being announced may not be Windows Vista.
Likewise, Betanews received no prior warning from Microsoft ahead of its Windows 7 announcement that the subject might not be Windows 7. Thus we are more likely to conclude that Windows Mobile 7 will not be the subject of the announcement at Mobile World Congress.
Yawn, meanwhile other sources say otherwise. Not even sure why this comment was in this particular thread .

Windows Mobile 7 delayed till 2011? Umm NO

Last edited by darnell; 01-16-2010 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Added article link "Windows Mobile 7 delayed till 2011? Umm NO"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro