PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothydonohue View Post
so...i've looked and looked, wondering if someone else has run into this problem (haven't heard it from any of you).

i'm using the nov 10, 21xxx build. i had been on prior builds, but this one seemed most stable. however, today, when i was goofing around, i went into the settings tab (far right, not through start menu items), and clicked on whichever option would allow me to change the wallpaper (weather or animated were the 2 options). on earlier builds, when looking into the animated folder, i didn't see any available animated wallpapers. however, in this one, there were 3. so, i picked the first one, excited to see it.
-presto change-o, all i get now is 'launching htc sense' on the home screen. no icon slider, no way to look through tabs. it blinks that 'launching htc sense' for a bit, then sits there and eventually says 'tap screen to launch htc sense'. obviously, something goofed. i was able to get into today settings through the start menu and turn on WM 6.5 (click windows default, unclick htc sense). but, after using sense, i hate to let it go. so....long story short is that i'm gonna go home, sync, and then have to reflash back to the same build, i guess, and remember not to do that, lol.

unless someone comes up with a solution between now and when i get home. b/c, all the supplemental cabs i have to subsequently install, i'd rather not do, if possible. any help would be appreciated
The animated wallpaper does not work on NRG ROM's. Just the weather wallpaper. I did the same thing and had to hard reset then I changed this reg key. Try it and see if it works. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila\AnimatedBack groundPath

Change it to\Windows\Weather Wallpaper and then SR and see if that works.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
So it sounds like Sense is now OFF? Did you try Soft reset with it off, then re-enable it? You may want to try this process a few times if it doesnt work right away. Sorry, thats' all I got.
Yeah winmo, that process won't work. Something NRG does to his ROM causes the animated wallpaper to screw up. You can only use the weather wallpaper on his ROM. I did the exact thing and had to HR and then did it again and then made a reg edit and Sense started back working. I have read all online that NRG is the only ROM where the animated wallpaper does not work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Sprint
Carrier: sprint

bog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothydonohue View Post
so...i've looked and looked, wondering if someone else has run into this problem (haven't heard it from any of you).

i'm using the nov 10, 21xxx build. i had been on prior builds, but this one seemed most stable. however, today, when i was goofing around, i went into the settings tab (far right, not through start menu items), and clicked on whichever option would allow me to change the wallpaper (weather or animated were the 2 options). on earlier builds, when looking into the animated folder, i didn't see any available animated wallpapers. however, in this one, there were 3. so, i picked the first one, excited to see it.
-presto change-o, all i get now is 'launching htc sense' on the home screen. no icon slider, no way to look through tabs. it blinks that 'launching htc sense' for a bit, then sits there and eventually says 'tap screen to launch htc sense'. obviously, something goofed. i was able to get into today settings through the start menu and turn on WM 6.5 (click windows default, unclick htc sense). but, after using sense, i hate to let it go. so....long story short is that i'm gonna go home, sync, and then have to reflash back to the same build, i guess, and remember not to do that, lol.

unless someone comes up with a solution between now and when i get home. b/c, all the supplemental cabs i have to subsequently install, i'd rather not do, if possible. any help would be appreciated

yea i did that to and had to hard reset. htc would not load no matter what i tried
Old 11-21-2009, 07:18 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Uploading new Manila 2.5 rom...
Old 11-21-2009, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: TMO

timothydonohue is just getting started

thanks guys, particularly VLB (appreciate the PM). i hadn't gotten anything by the time i got home, so i had already reflashed by the time you guys posted, lol. oh well. only thing really lost were some texts, and some time
Old 11-21-2009, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint 500 Sero Plan

johnnydough646 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to johnnydough646

Like a kid waiting up to catch santa putting a gift under the tree LOL

11/25 28004 2.5
Old 11-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

NRGZ28
Manila 2.5 VGA ROMs finished. Starting to upload for Raphael, Herman, Diamond and Victor (in that order) Thanks

thanks nrgz!!! can't wait!!

Old 11-21-2009, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint 500 Sero Plan

johnnydough646 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to johnnydough646

Man Im really an addict well good news NRGZ is uploading as we speak..... I owe this dude some money
Old 11-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC-Herman
Carrier: Verizon

CuriousG is a n00b

OK, am I looking in the right place for the new ROM?

http://hotfile.com/list/93326/3d17c67

YES, just appeared!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Old 11-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

nov. 21 21869 is up everybody

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro