PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 01:01 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by himan View Post
hey folks.. i'm on 23081 (the rom build with the window logo on the bottom and the three soft keys). I love it.

I noticed there are new versions of this build out (with the 3 soft keys and the start button on bottom), but there IS NO PROGRAMS TAB!!! Only 6 huge tabs on the main screen... doesn't this annoy other people as well? is there a workaround?

Thanks.
There is a great manila mod program that has a lot of options, one is to give 16 Fav tabs. The thread will say 16-20 but I think unless you are on nrgz latest release the v2.2 cab is what you want and that has 16 tabs.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...68#post4387068
Read it all but Post #5 has all the versions listed. There is another option I think. I'm going to see if I can find it and I'll edit this post if I do.

Edit:
Now that I think of it v2.2 may only have 12 tabs but it is worth a look, it's a great mod.
Here is the post by rootlinux that has a cab that will add 16 tabs to manila, with or without the Max Mod I believe.
I have not used it myself.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=16353
Remember Sense is more fragile than TouchFlo is disable Sense before applying any mods.
Good luck.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 11-16-2009 at 01:14 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

socalz71 is keeping up the good worksocalz71 is keeping up the good work
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

The v2.5 has the 15 tabs option (actually 20 but its cut off) an has an option for 4 or 5 across and really makes it an ideal layout. One issue i have is that occasional freeze and have to remove the battery to reset and then i lose the lose slideout keyboard, stops working, on occasion and is fixed with a soft reset. its annoying and barley livable. any ideas or help would be appreciated.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:55 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalz71 View Post
The v2.5 has the 15 tabs option (actually 20 but its cut off) an has an option for 4 or 5 across and really makes it an ideal layout. One issue i have is that occasional freeze and have to remove the battery to reset and then i lose the lose slideout keyboard, stops working, on occasion and is fixed with a soft reset. its annoying and barley livable. any ideas or help would be appreciated.
What build are you on? It seems v2.2 runs the best on builds before the latest one. I've been running v2.5 on 23088 this weekend and it seems fine, no freezies. Did you uninstall the Max Mod and make sure something else wasnt causing the lock ups?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2

sha04 is a n00b

i am using EnergyROM_21864_HERMAN_14.Nov.2009_StandardM2.5 Release2 and my phone still does not ring most of the time. does anyone have any tips
Old 11-16-2009, 11:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

LOL! I think one of you NRG big timers should tell NRGZ to post ThreeFaces' Guide or something right at the top of the first post. Not to detract from the NRGZ's ROM in anyway, but you must get soooooo tired of this. I know I would. These post are almost not even worth replying to these days. I guess maybe it's a staple of this thread. Even so, something in the first post would do a lot of people a lot of good and possibly clean up the thread a bit...or maybe not. Just my 2¢ ...

Last edited by Sharkie405; 11-16-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

other than 2.5 being built into the 21864 build on 11/14, are there any other differences between that and the 11/13 2.1 manila 21864 build? I'm still not wanting to make the jump to 2.5; custom manila files from 2.1 don't work on 2.5. Thanks!
Old 11-16-2009, 11:51 AM
Retired Staff

So far the best remedy seems to be disabling the default dialer. Take a read through Threefaces 2.5 Manila guide linked in my sig.
I'll get you started-go to Start/Tools/Tweaks/TouchProTweaks and use the first section to choose the WM dial pad, soft reset after.

Sharkie-good idea.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

magicalbluntman is a n00b

keep up the awsome work energy!!!!
was a huge might mike follower. And in recent times have come to find excitement in your roms! they always have the latest and greatest! a few bugs to report though. Sometimes the device only reconizes wav. type ringtones. and will not ring at all and act like it is silent becasue it says my ringtone is invalid blah blah. i do a restart and it usually works fine. No biggy there.
My biggest problem is that i cannot get my youtube app to work! it says error trying to open video?
any input would be great energy!
and again dont let people discourage you for every one person that does just remember theres 5 more who appreciate the hard work you do.
thanks again man and hope to hear from you soon
Old 11-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalbluntman View Post
keep up the awsome work energy!!!!
was a huge might mike follower. And in recent times have come to find excitement in your roms! they always have the latest and greatest! a few bugs to report though. Sometimes the device only reconizes wav. type ringtones. and will not ring at all and act like it is silent becasue it says my ringtone is invalid blah blah. i do a restart and it usually works fine. No biggy there.
My biggest problem is that i cannot get my youtube app to work! it says error trying to open video?
any input would be great energy!
and again dont let people discourage you for every one person that does just remember theres 5 more who appreciate the hard work you do.
thanks again man and hope to hear from you soon
All you concerns have been addressed one time or another. The ringtones have been a known issue for a while now and the only real solution is to disable tachi dialer and use WM dialer or other custom dialers of your choosing. You can go to m.youtube/apps I believe, don't quote me on the web add. Please do use IE for this, you can download another version of youtube app, which isn't as well integrated as the HTC one, but gets the job done.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6800, 6850
Carrier: sprint

shunmyles is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to shunmyles Send a message via Yahoo to shunmyles

is anyone having problems getting the panoramic background to work, i didnt have this problem the previous energy roms. is there a step by step ofgetting it to work?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro