PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 01:03 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Mar 8| 21916|29008 * Sense 20

Well with the scala rider G4 it hangs up everytime... all the time. So... what BT headsets DOESN'T it hang up with ?

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Mar 8| 21916|29008 * Sense 20

I haven't used mine in a while but I have a Plantronics 650.

Will test it out later tonight and report back.

Also, those reporting hang up issues, do you have Microsoft Voice Command installed as well (or similar app)? If so, what version
Just curious.
Thanks.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 03-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ndirish is a n00b

Seems to work fine with Voyager Pro BT, but have not used it extensively with the current ROM.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I skimmed the last couple of pages and didn't see this brought up. I am having an issue with the alarm (not the alarm in programs or the calendar) on the home screen using the latest Energy.RHODCDMA.29013.Sense2.5.Cookie.Mar.13. I attached a screen shot (its to the right of 'Tue, Mar 15' where it says 'Alarm Off'). I use my alarm on travel alot and 9 times out of 10 if I wake up early and turn the three alarms off that I set they will still ring even though the home screen and the alarm option screen say off. Any ideas? This happens right after I flash a ROM and after all my tweaks and customizations overclocking and not. I have had this issue with the alarm all the way back to 12.13 on cookie 1.8.

Outside of this issue this ROM has been rock solid! Thanks NRG

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Curve>Tour>TP2
Carrier: Sprint

idenlover is a n00b
Question Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Mar 8| 21916|29008 * Sense 20

One more notification icon question... Latest version of cookie installed, just to the left of the EV/1X indicator, what does the gray, moon-looking icon mean? I'll snag a screen grab next time I see it, but it's a gray square, with only a round symbol in the middle of it. It really looks like the moon, but I'm guessing it has more to do with signal and not weather. Any input would help. Thanks!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Well with the scala rider G4 it hangs up everytime... all the time. So... what BT headsets DOESN'T it hang up with ?
Hi NRGZ. Thank you again for taking the time to help out on the CDMA ROMs!

You may not be able to replicate this BT hangup issue if the TP2 you have does not have an active EVDO data plan. I use Sprint TP2s and your std cookie ROMs the most. I have users with GSM or Verizon units, but they do not use BT headsets.

For me, I can replicate it each fairly often. In summary from my post:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2045524-post30084.html

1. Be sure your BT headset is on and connected.
2. Use Opera, IE, or some app that requires Internet data access. Verify that you are actually getting data and not some cached page.
3. Immediately go to your dialer and call voicemail or someone.
4. Try hanging up via your BT headset.

For me I've tried Jawbone ICON, Plantronics Voyager Pro+, and BlueAnt T1 - the hangup fails more than 50% of the time in the above scenario. A few other users tried this scenario and most were able to confirm the behavior.

Basically some of us theorize that #777 suspend is not kicking in when TP2 kicks over from EVDO to 1xRTT to take the call, which then prevents the BT stack from handling a hangup signal properly for some odd reason. However, using WIFI for a data test works fine for obvious reasons.

The GSM folks probably do not see this issue because they use a different radio that probably works better with the crappy widcomm stack. Also, some have noted that the Verizon MR2/3 roms work fine and there are claims that the M?* ROMs BT hangup is fine with the data scenario above.

Hope this helps. I could be totally off base on my tests and assumptions, so regular disclaimers apply.

Again, appreciate your time on helping on this one!

*EDIT*
for full disclosure: I ran my above tests on a completely virgin flash from the regular energy cookie ROMs. Nothing was restored via XDA_UC, including contacts etc. I was totally "clean" when I ran my tests.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...

Last edited by powinmo; 03-15-2011 at 04:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:55 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkoopa View Post
I'm a noob, so my advice may not be as direct:.. It sounds like the proximity sensor is on. Go to your CHTEditor settings and there may be a setting to turn the proximity sensor off. Or if you scroll to the right on your home screen, there may be a toggle switch button to turn it off or on with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTedster View Post
Thanks for that. I use spb mobile shell, so the proximity sensor wasnt accessible with sense "disabled" but it seemed that even though my settings indicated that it was "disabled", it was running in the back. All I had to do was enable and re-disable sense and it seems to have solved my problem.
Madkooopa: please don't reference yourself as a noob, it's just a ppcgeeks thing! See!! You're help solved Savaytse66 problem! GREAT JOB! One less Q I and the other VIP's (and a bunch of great regulars) have to answer! THANKS!! Please don't be afraid to post if you think you have an answer to a Q... If your wrong... oh well... if your right, you get thanks (thanked you also madkooopa)
Quote:
Originally Posted by savaytse66 View Post
I just flashed the March 12 ROM and I keep deleting text messages accidentally. The menu order is:......
DatBioDame?!!! say whaaaaaa? Where did you drag that one up...! LOL Haven't seen him around 4ever! sorry, no answer to your Q from me... just don't notice that stuff...

Quote:
OKay... working on the bluetoth problem now.. got a scala rider headset here to test with
Every other BT headset! LOL Still the number one issue here. powinmo had some great input, but a bunch of people have said that it hangs up on a stock ROM & not Energy ROMs. Search this thread for BT, just a few lol... powinmo is a great guy, let him send you his for free...!

Even if it's not your ROM related... you'd be king if you solved it :>))
errr. ... umm... well... you're already king... what's above that? :>))

Doesn't affect me, I just don't use mine often enough.... :>))

HEY POWINMO: i know you PM'd you were swamped & on the road... but did that BT headset you were going to send have the issue also??

Last edited by teradog; 03-15-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
Unbelievable. How is this possible? I've task29'd and run this ROM on two Touch Pro 2s. Both of them do it.
I think I have been lucky. I have only done one task 29 and flashed back to stock only once. In all, I have probably flashed over 30 ROM's since I got my TP. It seems to always run very well and has very few SOD's (related to what others are reporting) and I use it quite a bit every day.

My only complaint about it - and its not rom related - is that it just developed a small crack in the housing whch is a bummer because it was in such good shape.

But, like I said, I just think I got a good phone in general.

Also, as a personal preference, and this may make a difference, I do not restore anything from a backup other than my contacts and messages which I do via MS MyPhone service. Everything else, like email and other tweaks I do manually - one at a time until I'm happy with how things are running. It takes more time up front but I think it saves me more in the long run.

David

Last edited by DaveTN; 03-15-2011 at 05:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

NRG,

Thanks so much for considering me for your drop box and being a tester. As much as I'd like to and a s cool as it would be, Physician Assistant school has my up to my zygomatic arches in books and with finals next week, I really shouldn't be here either...but I just couldn't resist to check in.

Anyway, your ROM's have always worked great for me and I rely on my phone very heavilly for school. Keep up the great work and thanks!

David
Old 03-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

Quote:

That post was the 31 THOUSANDth post to this thread! Freakin Awesome!

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development