View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 04:36 PM
powinmo
PPCGeeks Regular

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Mar 8| 21916|29008 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Well with the scala rider G4 it hangs up everytime... all the time. So... what BT headsets DOESN'T it hang up with ?
Hi NRGZ. Thank you again for taking the time to help out on the CDMA ROMs!

You may not be able to replicate this BT hangup issue if the TP2 you have does not have an active EVDO data plan. I use Sprint TP2s and your std cookie ROMs the most. I have users with GSM or Verizon units, but they do not use BT headsets.

For me, I can replicate it each fairly often. In summary from my post:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2045524-post30084.html

1. Be sure your BT headset is on and connected.
2. Use Opera, IE, or some app that requires Internet data access. Verify that you are actually getting data and not some cached page.
3. Immediately go to your dialer and call voicemail or someone.
4. Try hanging up via your BT headset.

For me I've tried Jawbone ICON, Plantronics Voyager Pro+, and BlueAnt T1 - the hangup fails more than 50% of the time in the above scenario. A few other users tried this scenario and most were able to confirm the behavior.

Basically some of us theorize that #777 suspend is not kicking in when TP2 kicks over from EVDO to 1xRTT to take the call, which then prevents the BT stack from handling a hangup signal properly for some odd reason. However, using WIFI for a data test works fine for obvious reasons.

The GSM folks probably do not see this issue because they use a different radio that probably works better with the crappy widcomm stack. Also, some have noted that the Verizon MR2/3 roms work fine and there are claims that the M?* ROMs BT hangup is fine with the data scenario above.

Hope this helps. I could be totally off base on my tests and assumptions, so regular disclaimers apply.

Again, appreciate your time on helping on this one!

*EDIT*
for full disclosure: I ran my above tests on a completely virgin flash from the regular energy cookie ROMs. Nothing was restored via XDA_UC, including contacts etc. I was totally "clean" when I ran my tests.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...

Last edited by powinmo; 03-15-2011 at 04:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.