PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 1| 21916|23149 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
You were able to get the email mark as read to work?

I have only been able to get the SMS mark as read to work, email doesn't seem to work.

Would be nice if it did work.

I am on NRG 23699 CHT2.0 sencity Nov25th.
My problem is my emails won't stay deleted. They get downloaded again everytime after deletion. Nothing has changed on my server. It has happen on the last 6 Rom's or so. I went back to my old August standby Rom to test and it works fine on that one. I have tried both 2.0 and 1.8 cookie versions recently. Right now I'm on Dec 1st 23699 classic cookie

Last edited by Comstar; 12-04-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Jim8181

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 1| 21916|23149 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comstar View Post
My problem is my emails won't stay deleted. They get downloaded again everytime after deletion. Nothing has changed on my server. It has happen on the last 6 Rom's or so. I went back to my old August standby Rom to test and it works fine on that one. I have tried both 2.0 and 1.8 cookie versions recently. Right now I'm on Dec 1st 23699 classic cookie
Do you have live.com or any other program automatically syncing and reloading deleted emails?
Old 12-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comstar View Post
That could also be a problem with the settings in your email account. I had a similar problem a while back and it turned out to be gmail and not the ROM.

David
Old 12-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

hbuetow is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquinn View Post
Thank you for noticing my post I appreciate it! I am running Energy ROM-Nov 24th Cookie 219 Dinik glass version. But for some reason after that flash my phone will not connect via Activesync just charge the phone is all it doesnt recognize a connection. I did a hard reset a couple of times and have tried to reflash but without a connection I am stuck...
I had this problem once. Restarted computer then went into Windows Mobile Device center and reset mobile device settings. You could also uninstall the device and reinstall. There are updated windows mobile drivers from Microsoft downloads. I don't claim to know too much about it. Just stating what worked for me.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

stevey5036 is keeping up the good workstevey5036 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
I left Mighty to come to the Energy, and I won't go back. But Bluetooth worked better on the dark side. I wish it was so simple that it was a stack or a file issue, NRGY tried a different stack a while back, it was no better.

I also have a old windows 6.1 phone (SMT5800) which works FANTASTIC on Bluetooth. In fact, the windows 6.1 phone will show up in Windows 7 with bluetooth phone controls, where the TP2 does not. As I mentioned before, I set the hang up delay to 3000, and it seems to help a little.

I just flashed the ROM to the Latest 23xxx Cookie classic. A little shaky at the start here, but we'll give it a couple of days.

I can see since the October ROM, that the Album, Messaging option still does not work, Still have to use the Mail, Picture messaging option. I am having problems in email, where the bottom half of the message is missing. It's like the soft keyboard is deployed, but it's not. I thought it might be swipe, but it's not that either.

I am excited however, that the Group messaging is working now. It didn't before. I didn't realize he fixed it!
Such a bummer that this still isn't fixed
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:15 PM
sly
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

sly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengc99 View Post
Hi, I have a few things with the dec 1 23xxx cookie 2.0 rom - the nov 25th rom seems like the best one so far.

1. Twitter tab doesn't seem to work, I can't login. When I try to login, it just spits me back to the "Twitter isn't configured, touch here to login"
2. I can't get the facebook tab to authorize, when I try it just locks up on the "Success" screen and I can't hit the "OK" button. I have to reboot to get the facebook tab to work again.
3. When in sense and trying to reply, I hit the "Menu" right softkey. On the Dec 1 rom, the menu pops up for a split second, but then disappears. The menu is still there but I can't see it.

Other than that, this seems like a good release. I love the revised taskbar icons. Good job!
For #1, try this. Log into your Twitter account via a regular browser. Go to Settings > Connections and revoke the HTC Peep access. Re-launch the Twitter tab in Sense and see if you can log in now.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Time for my weekly post and this time I may actually have something useful for those having recurring or one off problems.

[Begin sidebar: Using my 1975 TI calculator, at the current rate of posting I should make VIP about mid june/july 2017. End sidebar]

Back to point. Most custom roms tend to have there little "bugs". I am running an older rom and some of the more common bugs were: 1. back-light resetting to 10 seconds, 2. Screen shifting down about an 1/8 inch, 3. Random freeze ups.

The beauty of the 8/18 rom I am running is that it had none of these problems.

After test driving SPB shell on this rom and discarding it, I
desided to rebuild this rom from scratch. Again no bugs.........until.

After 3 days I realized I had not run NRGS setting restore when I rebuilt, so I did.
After a reset my back light was set to 10 seconds, and to cut this short by the end of day the backlight had reset 3 times, I had 2 random freezes and the screen was misaligned once. This was par for the next 3 days.

I again rebuilt, but this time manually did my user settings and 3 days into it have had no problems.

Points being, if your having a problem that wont seem to resolve, next time you rebuild try NOT using NRGs setting restore and see what happens.

Hope this helps someone. TTFN
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Trailblazerman is becoming a great contributor

OK, so I'm a lurker. Lurkers have issues, too!

Running Dec 1 23149 Cookie 2.0 Sencity. Running pretty well. I want to turn off the phone awakening when anything happens (specifically calendar reminders).

In general, I find Windows Mobile clunky because I've seen this setting before, but for the life of me, I can't find it now. This happens a lot with me and WM. Maybe it's just me. Does anyone know where this setting is?

Thanks!
Old 12-04-2010, 07:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO - Touch Pro II

geejdee is keeping up the good workgeejdee is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to geejdee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailblazerman View Post
OK, so I'm a lurker. Lurkers have issues, too!

Running Dec 1 23149 Cookie 2.0 Sencity. Running pretty well. I want to turn off the phone awakening when anything happens (specifically calendar reminders).

In general, I find Windows Mobile clunky because I've seen this setting before, but for the life of me, I can't find it now. This happens a lot with me and WM. Maybe it's just me. Does anyone know where this setting is?

Thanks!

Try B&B Tweeks... In Tools...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Trailblazerman is becoming a great contributor

I tried B&B Tweaks...I thought that was where it was, too. No love unless I'm missing another page of tweaks or something. Seems like there aren't many tweaks, just one scrollable page, right?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development