View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 03:21 PM
swlaraut
Regular 'Geeker

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 1| 21916|23149 * Sense 20

Time for my weekly post and this time I may actually have something useful for those having recurring or one off problems.

[Begin sidebar: Using my 1975 TI calculator, at the current rate of posting I should make VIP about mid june/july 2017. End sidebar]

Back to point. Most custom roms tend to have there little "bugs". I am running an older rom and some of the more common bugs were: 1. back-light resetting to 10 seconds, 2. Screen shifting down about an 1/8 inch, 3. Random freeze ups.

The beauty of the 8/18 rom I am running is that it had none of these problems.

After test driving SPB shell on this rom and discarding it, I
desided to rebuild this rom from scratch. Again no bugs.........until.

After 3 days I realized I had not run NRGS setting restore when I rebuilt, so I did.
After a reset my back light was set to 10 seconds, and to cut this short by the end of day the backlight had reset 3 times, I had 2 random freezes and the screen was misaligned once. This was par for the next 3 days.

I again rebuilt, but this time manually did my user settings and 3 days into it have had no problems.

Points being, if your having a problem that wont seem to resolve, next time you rebuild try NOT using NRGs setting restore and see what happens.

Hope this helps someone. TTFN
This post has been thanked 2 times.