PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 25| 21916|23699 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by davahad View Post
I have the same problem with my Car Bluetooth. Cannot hang up a phone call. Bluetooth worked perfectly in my car with MightROM SE.

Isn't there a way to cook in different Bluetooth Drivers like the ones used by MightyROM SE
Who is this Mighty person you speak of? I heard about a Mighty chef who fell off the face of the earth and was never to be heard from again.

As for bluetooth and car pairing, I've had no problem using Energy ROMs, except when I am in the middle of listening to Slacker radio. Have you installed any cabs that may have messed up your bluetooth stack / settings - Like an older / out of date battery cab? Have you restored something using XDA_UC which may have messed up your settings? Did you run Task 29 before flashing the Exceptional Energy ROM? Which Energy ROM are you currently using?

Happy 3rd night of Hanukkah
Old 12-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Fr3nZy is a n00b
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 1| 21916|23149 * Sense 20

Ask this before but did get a yes or now or how.
It there a way to disable Sense from swtiching to landscape mode when you slide the keyboard out? or disable landscape mode in Sense completely?
Old 12-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

fishboy is becoming a great contributor
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 1| 21916|23149 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Thanks.
EDIT: ActiveSync didn't work. Going to Try Outlook E-mail as that is what is says in the account picker.
EDIT2: Outlook E-mail didn't work either. Trying Activesync to see if it is case sensitive.
EDIT3: Activesync didn't work either. Trying just Outlook now.

EDIT4: Nothing seems to work for the Email. I even tried linking straight to the Message app using CHTEditor and that doesn't work. Is this maybe a bug in CHT2.0?
Hmmm, kinda stumped myself, since it worked for Messaging.

I created a shortcut containing the following text and added it to my Start Menu:

49#"\Windows\tmail.exe" -service "ActiveSync"

Clicking on the shortcut opens my outlook mail. However, selecting this shortcut as an application did not work either (same problem you had with Messaging.lnk), and adding this text in the registry (minus the "49#") did not work either. Can only quess at this point that its an issue with CHT 2.0 (maybe does not like the additional parms after the tmail.exe), or there is a better way to do this.

Last edited by fishboy; 12-03-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishboy View Post
Hmmm, kinda stumped myself, since it worked for Messaging.

I created a shortcut containing the following text and added it to my Start Menu:

49#"\Windows\tmail.exe" -service "ActiveSync"

Clicking on the shortcut opens my outlook mail. However, selecting this shortcut as an application did not work either (same problem you had with Messaging.lnk), and adding this text in the registry (minus the "49#") did not work either. Can only quess at this point that its an issue with CHT 2.0 (maybe does not like the additional parms after the tmail.exe), or there is a better way to do this.
Its okay with the params as it works via registry for the CHT.Program.Messages and \Windows\tmail.exe -service "SMS"

Just stumped why it will not pull up specific email account.

Will check and post to CHT2.0 on XDA and see if there is a fix/answer there.

Thanks.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 12-03-2010, 08:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

slthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 25| 21916|23699 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by davahad View Post
I have the same problem with my Car Bluetooth. Cannot hang up a phone call. Bluetooth worked perfectly in my car with MightROM SE.

Isn't there a way to cook in different Bluetooth Drivers like the ones used by MightyROM SE
Numerous people have this same issue where you can make a call but can not hangup via a bluetooth device (car controls or ear set). I have spent hours going through threads and have not found anyone able to fix it. If you disable all data connections (e.g. weather, email, etc), you won't have problems. If while on a call your device tries to connect to the Internet, you lose bluetooth control to hangup the call. You also normally get #777 errors that the device cannot connect to the Internet (this makes sense since CDMA cannot support a voice call and a data connection at the same time).

There are threads offering up bounties to get EnergyROM's to work. I have not come accross anyone successful yet with this issue. Some folks have commented they have contacted NRG, but the feedback is he does not have a bluetooth device to test with. I cannot confirm if that is really valid. Others have posted that MR (bad word on this forum) and the latest Verizon ROM fixed this issue and NRG has not had a chance to applies those fixes. Again - I can't confirm that either. This is the only issue with this fantastic EnergyROM. I wish someone could get it fixed.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:17 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
Who is this Mighty person you speak of? I heard about a Mighty chef who fell off the face of the earth and was never to be heard from again.

As for bluetooth and car pairing, I've had no problem using Energy ROMs, except when I am in the middle of listening to Slacker radio. Have you installed any cabs that may have messed up your bluetooth stack / settings - Like an older / out of date battery cab? Have you restored something using XDA_UC which may have messed up your settings? Did you run Task 29 before flashing the Exceptional Energy ROM? Which Energy ROM are you currently using?

Happy 3rd night of Hanukkah

NRG does not like the "M" word to be used in any thread of his!!!!! Thats a very thin subject... HAHA!

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 12-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2

davahad is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthomas00 View Post
Numerous people have this same issue where you can make a call but can not hangup via a bluetooth device (car controls or ear set). I have spent hours going through threads and have not found anyone able to fix it. If you disable all data connections (e.g. weather, email, etc), you won't have problems. If while on a call your device tries to connect to the Internet, you lose bluetooth control to hangup the call. You also normally get #777 errors that the device cannot connect to the Internet (this makes sense since CDMA cannot support a voice call and a data connection at the same time).

There are threads offering up bounties to get EnergyROM's to work. I have not come accross anyone successful yet with this issue. Some folks have commented they have contacted NRG, but the feedback is he does not have a bluetooth device to test with. I cannot confirm if that is really valid. Others have posted that MR (bad word on this forum) and the latest Verizon ROM fixed this issue and NRG has not had a chance to applies those fixes. Again - I can't confirm that either. This is the only issue with this fantastic EnergyROM. I wish someone could get it fixed.
No offense to NRG as this ROM is great (I'm on Nov 19th Energy 2.5) however the MR SE did fix the Bluetooth Problem with Verizon. I used it for many months and prior to that version Bluetooth was horrible.

With this version of NRG the Bluetooth is much better than what was available prior to MR SE it is just not perfect. If you try and hang up the phone after a call it will not hang up. However as long as the person on the other end hangs up then it's fine.

It would be great if NRG could take a look at what was done by "others" and incorporate it and then this ROM for me would be perfect.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc tp2 verizon
Carrier: vodaphone

krazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
dude all i can say is dont disrespect anyone!!
these chefs over here do a lot for people like us who know jacksh&& about cooking a rom.
Have tried to cook my own and i know how difficult it is....
Fair enough Mighty may be an older chef who has stopped cooking for the TP2 but he yet gave guys like us roms for the TP2 without asking much in return.

All i can say is if you cant say something nice about some one dont say anything....

i have never used a mighty rom, so in all fairness cannot claim that he is a brilliant chef or not...but all i can say is that he is a chef, who has given much to this community...
Lets respect that and keep this in mind for any chef who is putting time and effort for us....whether his roms are great good or bad...

peace BRO

phone pyramid
imate kjam to asus P527 to HTC Touch Pro 2

Last edited by krazydude; 12-03-2010 at 09:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

slthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I was on MR SE as well before NRG (I am on Energy 2.5 - Nov 24th) and the bluetooth hungup without issue using my car controls. I absolutely love the NRG ROM but it is a pain to unlock my phone to hangup a call. I usually keep my phone in my pocket and just start the car and I am connected using my car controls. I am thinking about flashing back to MR SE this weekend and grabbing all the bluetooth registry settings to do a comparison. My guess is though it is not a registry setting issue.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2

davahad is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthomas00 View Post
I was on MR SE as well before NRG (I am on Energy 2.5 - Nov 24th) and the bluetooth hungup without issue using my car controls. I absolutely love the NRG ROM but it is a pain to unlock my phone to hangup a call. I usually keep my phone in my pocket and just start the car and I am connected using my car controls. I am thinking about flashing back to MR SE this weekend and grabbing all the bluetooth registry settings to do a comparison. My guess is though it is not a registry setting issue.
Didn't MR open his kitchen to everyone which would make the Bluetooth he was using easily available? I'm sure it's not that simple or maybe it is?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development