PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 12:15 AM
I think I tore my sack.
Pocket PC: Droid X, Root, Deodexed, Tranquility 3.0
Carrier: VZW

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 25| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achristocat View Post
Using ExportMailSettings.zip

1) Extract the zip to a folder on your PC. It should set up a folder called ExportMmailSettings.
2) Get Every Single Setting for all mail accounts set just the way you want on your TP2.
3) Connect your phone to the PC - USB
4) Run the RunConfig.bat in the ExportMmailSettings folder
5) It Should create a file called MyMail.cab in the ExportMailSettings folder.
6) Copy the MyMail.cab to somewhere on your sd card where you will know where to find it after you flash / modify / etc.
7) Install the cab.
Option A - Go to each account and add password.
9) Option B - do other stuff to your phone and when WinMo tries to download email, each account will prompt you for a password.

That's it!

I have found this to be..not easier than XDA_UC but...about the only things I really want to automate are my email accounts, so...

Works for Me!

Good luck!!!
I can't wait until the next release so I can see how this works, I dropped the cab in XDA_UC folder.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG LS855
Carrier: Sprint

t-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIP
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 25| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by howhi05 View Post
is anyone running into the backlight problem where it dims for 10 seconds even after you change it to a different setting.

i first ran into this problem after i installed one of those battery saver cabs awhile back. didn't like the it and moved on

i deleted the power and backlight setting files in the xda_uc folder since it would just import the 10 second dim from the get go.

latley the 10 second dim just keeps coming back especially when running the oct 1.5 overclocking tool.

note this is all after many task 29's and flashes later.
Yes, the 10 second backlight came back for me also for no apparent reason. I am not using the oct 1.5 OCing tool, but am using the mortscript. I fixed it by again deleting the power and backlight export files from xda_uc. I can't figure out what the deal is, anyone have a solution?
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:03 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

I don't have any issues with the backlight, but i only used that automatic overclocking cab, i uninstalled it as it was saying that i had overclocked to 748mhz but the phone really didn't run any better and it was eating up my battery, i should have just been satisfied with how it was running before as i liked the speed of the rom with a pagepool of 18, now she's back to where she was before.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: at&t

howhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhowhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhowhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bob View Post
Yes, the 10 second backlight came back for me also for no apparent reason. I am not using the oct 1.5 OCing tool, but am using the mortscript. I fixed it by again deleting the power and backlight export files from xda_uc. I can't figure out what the deal is, anyone have a solution?
thanks it's nice to know i'm not the only one out there with this annoying problem. but dang i was going to switch back to the mortscript since i was running that for a a day or two without the backlight messing up. oct 1.5 brought it back in a matter of hours smh. might just have to skip out on this whole oc thing for now since i'm not really seeing any noticable gains in performance. to me nrg roms are already fast enough for my needs
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: at&t

howhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhowhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhowhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
I don't have any issues with the backlight, but i only used that automatic overclocking cab, i uninstalled it as it was saying that i had overclocked to 748mhz but the phone really didn't run any better and it was eating up my battery, i should have just been satisfied with how it was running before as i liked the speed of the rom with a pagepool of 18, now she's back to where she was before.
Couldn't agree with you anymore except i'm running her at a smooth pagepool of 16 a lil slower but just enough room 4 some multitasking.
On another note i see that you've been tearing it up the last page or so. keep it up man and thanks 4 ur help.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
I definitely feel u here bro, I liked the speed I was getting from the cab but for me it did eat up the battery so Im back to not being overclocked until I figure out how to do netrippers version because I hear good things about it
Old 08-28-2010, 02:31 AM
I think I tore my sack.

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP

Off topic, I'm just looking for some feedback from you guys for some CHT toggles I just made...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119875

This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:35 AM
I think I tore my sack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
I definitely feel u here bro, I liked the speed I was getting from the cab but for me it did eat up the battery so Im back to not being overclocked until I figure out how to do netrippers version because I hear good things about it
At 710 I didn't see that much difference in battery drain. When device is idle the current draw is the same as not OC'ing (in 50-60 mA to 120 mA range). When you're really using your device is when the current drains faster. The OCT toggle switch is still a good way to have an OC on demand. Install OCT 1.5 and set it to what you want, then add a quicklink for the OCT toggle, that way you can use it only when you need it. BTW, anyone know how to assign an icon to a lnk in a cab file with wince? I made a cab file that installs the OCT toggle and makes a link in the start menu, but I want to assign an icon to it.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewahlrus View Post
Off topic, I'm just looking for some feedback from you guys for some CHT toggles I just made...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119875

I like em!! Those really give a different look to the GTX Theme
Old 08-28-2010, 02:47 AM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

hey dame when u figure that out can u let me know cause i tried netripper and all it did was put my phone in sod ..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development