PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 08:37 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 25| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by stab244 View Post
I'm pretty sure that this is more a CHT related issue than the ROM's issue but when I lock my screen (I have it set to auto-lock) and have music playing in background (usually on headphones, but this problem may apply to speakerphone as well) the music sometimes pauses and then restarts. Just today, I unlocked my phone only to have the music pause a few seconds after that and then have a unresponsive phone after that. Had to soft-reset to fix that. It might also be HTC Music related since I'm using HTC Music without having the tab shown (though I'm pretty darn sure that that isn't the reason). I'm on the 8/22 CHT ROM by the way. Will be upgrading to 8/25 tomorrow after school...

CHT lock is also funny in that if you're not on home tab when you lock the screen, it will "go" to the homescreen (if you locked while in Sense) and then show lock screen, but when you unlock it goes back to where you were. A bit of a delay but whatever. Maybe I should post that to the CHT thread...
Nope. It does it for me on the non-cht reference rom as well. I usually do a soft reset and all seems to do well.
I used my phone with my motorola SD9HD BT headset yesterday while mowing my lawn and got a lot of pauses. Did a SR and things got better for a while. I'm going to try the Aug25 CHT today and see what happens.
Its been an ongoing thing for me. Happens with some ROMS and sometimes not.

David
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

tekknogenius is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 25| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
The only way I know to send MMS is to do it from the album or right after u take the picture. U have to choose the "Mail" option then select "picture" or "video" mail
There are several ways to do it: 1. From the messaging app (select New/MMS) 2. From the camera 3. From the Album 4. From the action menu (the link was correct a couple ROMs ago (LOL), before that the GPS icon went to MMS instead of to Google Maps (LOL))
Old 08-26-2010, 09:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

tekknogenius is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I've noticed one consistent issue with syncing a gmail account and it is not ROM related.
If I try to sync "tasks", I will get an error indicating that the sync failed. I can sync contacts, calendar and gmail fine, but it seems like every time I choose to sync tasks in the setup it will fail. So, I don't sync my tasks and everything works.

David

I do not use tasks, so I never sync them either. One other issue though is that the mail tab does not show mail. It shows two Outlook accounts (although only one has been set up). The mail syncs fine, but nothing shows up on the mail tab, eventhough the mail icon shows new messages.

Solved
I did a hard reset and it worked out. Prior to that I also reformatted my SD card which was giving me errors intially withe ActiveSync over-the-air to my gmail account. The other thing I usually do is to sync twice because it usually doesn't get everything in the first sync, but this time I only did it once, then reset the machine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1b.jpg (6.8 KB, 35 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2.jpg (6.0 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot3.jpg (6.1 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot4b.jpg (12.1 KB, 30 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by tekknogenius; 08-26-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Was Alltel.. Now Verizon

Mayhem8869 is a n00b

I love the NRG ROMS. I have flashed many, but like the sounds and "extras" included. Wish your "reference" had the sounds without all the apps. I like to load my apps to the storage card, not sitting in RAM (maybe it doesn't matter?)

The only thing I don't like is the keyboard mapping. How can I change it back to "normal". Where I hit "FN" to get the "green" chars instead of holding SHFT.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

john1134 is a n00b
Red face Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 10| 21908|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by l21matt View Post
Anyone who has tried the Titanium (21xxx, and aug 10) Have you noticed that the batt Icon gets stuck at 100% and if you plug it in, then unplug it, the Charge icon gets stuck.

Just testing the bare Titanium Rom, with sprint provision cab. Nothing else installed
I have the same issue with Titanium ROM.

Also, after I install sprint provision cab the "in-call" dialer screen changes the soft key for "calendar" to "hold". Any way to fix either of these issues? Please!?
Old 08-26-2010, 10:16 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekknogenius View Post
I do not use tasks, so I never sync them either. One other issue though is that the mail tab does not show mail. It shows two Outlook accounts (although only one has been set up). The mail syncs fine, but nothing shows up on the mail tab, eventhough the mail icon shows new messages.
Do you use microsoft MyPhone? If so, it creates a message in your inbox every time you set MyPhone up, regardess if you have set up your email yet.

David
Old 08-26-2010, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

Agentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentz919 View Post
Running 8.25 Cookie 23XXX with page pool set at 12. Starting off with 77 MB free but that is after removing the people, stock, twitter, call history, and internet tabs. I also removed everything off of the 2 home screens that i dont use. It is working pretty well so far with no hangups. Still have to put my finishing touches on the setup but people wont stop calling me for me to finish...
Took phone off charger at 8:30am yesterday and used it pretty hardcore all day. I had about 20-30 texts, 10 emails, 1 hour of phone calls, 30 min of online stuff for classes, and by 11:45pm last night i was at 63% battery and 56 MB of memory free. No soft resets all day but i do use CleanRAM every 3 hours. In classes and work most of the day today so i will let you know how it goes on day 3 ! If anyone needs the cabs i use for battery or anymore info on what I have downloaded feel free to PM me! Love this new ROM!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch=>TP2=>Touch=>Diamond=>TouchPro2 (current)
Carrier: SPRINT

bpsamant is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 10| 21908|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by l21matt View Post
Anyone who has tried the Titanium (21xxx, and aug 10) Have you noticed that the batt Icon gets stuck at 100% and if you plug it in, then unplug it, the Charge icon gets stuck.

Just testing the bare Titanium Rom, with sprint provision cab. Nothing else installed
Quote:
Originally Posted by john1134 View Post
I have the same issue with Titanium ROM.

Also, after I install sprint provision cab the "in-call" dialer screen changes the soft key for "calendar" to "hold". Any way to fix either of these issues? Please!?
I am on the "21911.Titanium.Aug.10" ROM as well.

I do really like it, except for:

A: The 100% battery issue.
B. The OPERA favorites not working.

I installed the sprint provision cab and did not notice the soft key change.
I guess it does not bother me as much as the other 2 issues.

Are there any other 21911.Titanium.Aug.10 users out there who can offer suggestions?

Or is it just john, matt, and I ?

@john & matt:
Do you have the OPERA favorites problem as well?

Side note:

I installed latest spb shell + sbp MobileSense 3.5.3. + spb Vostradamus.

I have been playing with the feautures of the three, and I must say they work really well with this rom.

Last edited by bpsamant; 08-26-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:42 AM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Is anyone else still having issues with the rom freezing on the homescreen after turning the screen on. It will freeze for anywhere from 10 seconds to 1 minute and then it starts to function again, or a soft reset fixes the problem. It happens almost everytime i plug the device in to charge it and after charging when i unplug the device and try to make a call it gets stuck pn the homescreen and none of the buttons,hard or soft keys, will respond and then after about 30-45 seconds it unfreezes and the device works fine, for a while. This happens about 2-4 times a day. Also about twice a day when i have an incoming call when i try to answer by sliding to answer it slides like its answering the phone but then the slider just sticks to answer and it doesnt actually answer the phone.Then i have to call the person back. Oh yeah, im using the Aug. 25, 23678 CHT Dinik Glass rom with the pagepool set to 12. i have the following cabs installed; Opnmarket, Purians 2.5 Transparent T-Mobile clock,Santod no clock background,Sense 2.5 no top or bottom curtains,CleanRam 2.2,and Bluff My Call. Also the only settings ive changed in Advance Configurator are;Disable Video Calling,Changing the vertical scrollbar height from 0 to 14 and changing the horizontal scrollbar width setting from 0 to 14, and disable the HTC logo. I dont think its a problem with any of my cabs that ive installed because ive used these same cabs on almost every rom ive ever used and never had any problems. Does anyone else have the same freezing or page sticking issues with NRGZ 23XXX CHT Dinik Glass roms. Do the 21XXX CHT Dinik Glass roms also freeze or stick? It doesnt completely lock up the device but it temporarily sticks the homescreen,any screen sometimes, and or Arkswitch screen for about 10-60 seconds and then it functions like its supposed to until it freezes up again. But it always freezes in the morning, whether i unplug the device from the charger or leave it plugged in.When it freezes it displays the time it got stuck on the CHT analog clock and it displays the actual time in the upper right hand corner time.? Thanks to anyone who can offer me any insight, information, a fix or solution, or if it happens on the 21XXX builds. For the past 5 months ive only used WM6.5.X builds and for the past 3-4 months they seem to be just as stable as the WM6.5 builds, but when i switched to NRGZ WM6.5.X 23XXX CHT Dinik Glass roms all of them have always had the same freezing or screen sticking issues. Im starting to ramble so im done and thanks again for any help,info, or possibly a way to fix the problem, and if the 21XXX roms dont ever freeze or stick then i might just switch, even tho i dont want to. I really like the overall look of the WM6.5.X builds.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intercept

L21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to L21Matt
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 10| 21908|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpsamant View Post
@john & matt:
Do you have the OPERA favorites problem as well?

Hi, i'm actually not using the titanium right now. Some of the little issues were annoying me, so I'm using the cookie one right now (I think my spb trial is close to up, i'm still on the fence if i'm gonna buy it, i really like cookies lol) But sorry, i didn't notice if opera favs were a prob, i tend to use IE more for some reason..

I sure hope NRG does update the Titanium roms soon. ( Cough cough with limited apps like in the reference series) Once he updates titanium again, i'll deff check it out.

Side note, Does anyone know of other UI's like SPB, Winterfresh, and Wisbar, or is that about all of them?? SPB by far is the nicer of the 3 in my opinion...

Last edited by L21Matt; 08-26-2010 at 12:26 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development