PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

galonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 10| 21908|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by l21matt View Post

Side note, Does anyone know of other UI's like SPB, Winterfresh, and Wisbar, or is that about all of them?? SPB by far is the nicer of the 3 in my opinion...
I was thinking about trying out PointUI, but I'm quite content with CHT as well
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2

galonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuff
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 25| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem8869 View Post

The only thing I don't like is the keyboard mapping. How can I change it back to "normal". Where I hit "FN" to get the "green" chars instead of holding SHFT.
Here is a direct link to the Verizon Keyboard Fix that was posted in this thread numerous times, assuming you have a VZW TP2, otherwise you will need to find the appropriate cab for your device. If you back out of this thread, there is a paperclip icon next to this thread that brings up all of the attachments for the thread, you can search there for any other file you may need.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:49 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 25| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Anyone else still having problems with the screens freezing sometimes for just about 5 seconds but othertimes freezing or sticking for up to almost a minute. Im using the 23678 Aug. 25 CHT Dinik Glass rom. I know its not any of the cabs ive installed because i removed them all and still had the same issues. Its kind of getting annoying because it happens at just anytime. I can use the device for 3 hours heavy with no problems but then just all of a sudden it freezes, sometimes for a minute or so.Other times ill do a reset and then plug it in to charge from AC power source, not USB, and then after i unplug it the device will freeze again, the device seems to freeze more after being unplugged first thing in the morning. So i usually soft-reset every morning and then up to 3-4 times a day. Is this just an issue with the 23XXX builds or is it also an issue with the 21XXX builds. Because if i can switch and it will be more stable and not freeze up then ill just switch. I really like the WM6.5.X look tho, but if the WM6.5 build is that much more stable then ill switch, but i dont ant to switch if its a problem with both rom builds. I have hard-reset and even reflashed and i still get the same freezing issues. Thanks to anyone who can offer me help, or if there were previous posts discussing this issue would someone please tell me the post #s. There are way too many pages too search page by page and the search feature hasnt helped much thanks again and other than the screen freezing or sticking sometimes i love the rom. If i could solve that problem then the rom would be near perfect.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work

Why when I enter a name for a new SMS mesasge, the name comes up under the line, however you cant determin weather the numbers are mobile, work, home...its just a phone icon and the number. Would be nice to have something like to choose from.

Smith, John
(M) 555-555-5555
Smith, John
(H) 555-555-5555
Smith, John
(W) 555-555-5555
Old 08-26-2010, 02:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltatristar500 View Post
Why when I enter a name for a new SMS mesasge, the name comes up under the line, however you cant determin weather the numbers are mobile, work, home...its just a phone icon and the number. Would be nice to have something like to choose from.

Smith, John
(M) 555-555-5555
Smith, John
(H) 555-555-5555
Smith, John
(W) 555-555-5555
I second that
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltatristar500 View Post

Smith, John
(M) 555-555-5555
Smith, John
(H) 555-555-5555
Smith, John
(W) 555-555-5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
I second that
I *think* by default it goes to the last number dialed. Gonna give it a try.

David

EDIT: I just tried it and when I pull up both the WM SMS and the HTC SMS and start typing my wifes name it pops up a list of her numbers. In my case, her mobile number is first (probably becasue I never call her - just text).

Last edited by DaveTN; 08-26-2010 at 02:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewahlrus View Post
That's the one I use, and I've never had any problems with it. You may have to turn off the dynamic OC, it can cause some freezing in some devices. I have mine set to 710, # steps 0, everything else untouched. Mine device is fast, battery life is great.
Im going to give it a try later on, thanks for the info
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:43 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
Anyone else still having problems with the screens freezing sometimes for just about 5 seconds but othertimes freezing or sticking for up to almost a minute. Im using the 23678 Aug. 25 CHT Dinik Glass rom. I know its not any of the cabs ive installed because i removed them all and still had the same issues. Its kind of getting annoying because it happens at just anytime. I can use the device for 3 hours heavy with no problems but then just all of a sudden it freezes, sometimes for a minute or so.Other times ill do a reset and then plug it in to charge from AC power source, not USB, and then after i unplug it the device will freeze again, the device seems to freeze more after being unplugged first thing in the morning. So i usually soft-reset every morning and then up to 3-4 times a day. Is this just an issue with the 23XXX builds or is it also an issue with the 21XXX builds. Because if i can switch and it will be more stable and not freeze up then ill just switch. I really like the WM6.5.X look tho, but if the WM6.5 build is that much more stable then ill switch, but i dont ant to switch if its a problem with both rom builds. I have hard-reset and even reflashed and i still get the same freezing issues. Thanks to anyone who can offer me help, or if there were previous posts discussing this issue would someone please tell me the post #s. There are way too many pages too search page by page and the search feature hasnt helped much thanks again and other than the screen freezing or sticking sometimes i love the rom. If i could solve that problem then the rom would be near perfect.
Nope, not happening to me.
How much memory do you have free? Is opera running in the background?

Also, navigate to the application data folder on your storage card and delete the "HTC" folder inside it then soft reset. The folder will recreate itself and your problem *should* be fixed.

David
Old 08-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

ahhhh an idle mind is a dangerous mind. Needed something to do this morning so I flashed 8/25 23xxx CHT and got everything including OC'ing set up in record time. I'm getting pretty good at this as NRG is feeding us such regular updates to play with.

So far, so good.... now, off to play!

David
Old 08-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

mkappeli is just getting started

Hey I think this could help everyone her regarding OC.... Can someone who has succesfully OCed their TP2 post their exact setting in OCT? It works well for me but freezes or I get an SOD within a short time... I am trying out now 0 for Dynamic clocking... but not sure what the best settings are regarding polling, etc.... Any help would be much appreciated by many of us I believe. Thank you all in this community for extending the life of this phone. Cheers

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development