PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 02:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intercept
Carrier: Sprint

L21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to L21Matt
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 25| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

those look really nice man!

Last edited by L21Matt; 09-01-2010 at 03:09 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 25| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjskj View Post
hey dame when u figure that out can u let me know cause i tried netripper and all it did was put my phone in sod ..
I read about that happening too, when u tried it did u install the mortscript? I could have sworn I read that was supposed to underclock to prevent SOD

Its just so confusing for me, there are like 3 or 4 different files u need and Im not sure which ones have to be installed to the device and which ones can be installed to the SD card.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewahlrus View Post
At 710 I didn't see that much difference in battery drain. When device is idle the current draw is the same as not OC'ing (in 50-60 mA to 120 mA range). When you're really using your device is when the current drains faster. The OCT toggle switch is still a good way to have an OC on demand. Install OCT 1.5 and set it to what you want, then add a quicklink for the OCT toggle, that way you can use it only when you need it. BTW, anyone know how to assign an icon to a lnk in a cab file with wince? I made a cab file that installs the OCT toggle and makes a link in the start menu, but I want to assign an icon to it.
At 710, the battery life was fine but I didnt see any performance difference thats why I bumped it up to 748, so I was enjoying the speed but the battery life started declining very fast. Dinik Glass already wants more battery juice to support that shiny look so I guess for now I will do without
Old 08-28-2010, 03:02 AM
I think I tore my sack.
Pocket PC: Droid X, Root, Deodexed, Tranquility 3.0
Carrier: VZW

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjskj View Post
hey dame when u figure that out can u let me know cause i tried netripper and all it did was put my phone in sod ..
I tried that one first and always had SOD. That's why I went to OCT 1.5 which works best for me. I think we have yet to really see overclocking mature on the TP2. It seems that every device responds different, so it's just what works best for you.

Old 08-28-2010, 05:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
did you check to make sure that you are either in global mode or try gsm and see if that helps, i remember not long ago someone else had about the same issues, i'll see if i can find that post for you.
Yeah I have tried both global or gsm only mode. Nothing I've tried worked so far.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:06 AM
dtjohnst

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I'm trying to move shortcuts after programs are installed via cab files, but it doesn't seem to be working. I just created a littlle .mscr file. If I run it manually it works fine, but when I stick in the XDA_UC folder, it doesn't seem to run, or it's running before the .cabs have finished installing.

I found over at XDA where it says .mscr's are run after cabs, does the XDA_UC run differently with Energy ROM or am I understanding it wrong?
Old 08-28-2010, 08:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

For Overclocking the TP2 using NRG CookieDinik Aug25th 23XXX:

I install Msm7kCpuSpeed_v2.cab to the device. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=725290)

Then I install OC_AUTO_v4.2.1.cab to the sd card. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1902256)

I then use 768 as the overclock speed and things seem to run pretty well. I don't get the SOD, although once in a while something might freeze. Overall great performance.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2

galonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpriset View Post
For Overclocking the TP2 using NRG CookieDinik Aug25th 23XXX:

I install Msm7kCpuSpeed_v2.cab to the device. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=725290)

Then I install OC_AUTO_v4.2.1.cab to the sd card. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1902256)

I then use 768 as the overclock speed and things seem to run pretty well. I don't get the SOD, although once in a while something might freeze. Overall great performance.
same here, except I have MortScript and Msm7k install out of my xda_uc setup before I manually install OC_Auto to the SD.

No SOD, and I've been bumping it up little by little to find the perfect battery drain/performance balance for a typical day's use, and I think I've finally hit it: 787.2MHz all day yesterday with normail use (OTA MS Exchange sync all day, BT while driving, texting, casual browsing, etc.) taking it off the charge around 6am & set the speed (soft reset), no need to soft-reset all day and I was at 36% battery around midnight last night which gives me a little room if I need a little more use during the day.

here is the post by nayr1482 that explains everything about this OC solution. maybe give it a shot if you haven't had luck with some of the others

edit: forgot to add this is without installing or using any battery tweaks other than setting the weather to update every three hours and the twitter tab to manually update. Also updates my sig to reflect the current ROM I'm running: 8/25 21914 GTX

Last edited by galonzo; 08-28-2010 at 10:29 AM. Reason: added more details
Old 08-28-2010, 10:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG LS855

t-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by galonzo View Post
same here, except I have MortScript and Msm7k install out of my xda_uc setup before I manually install OC_Auto to the SD.

No SOD, and I've been bumping it up little by little to find the perfect battery drain/performance balance for a typical day's use, and I think I've finally hit it: 787.2MHz all day yesterday with normail use (OTA MS Exchange sync all day, BT while driving, texting, casual browsing, etc.) taking it off the charge around 6am & set the speed (soft reset), no need to soft-reset all day and I was at 36% battery around midnight last night which gives me a little room if I need a little more use during the day.

here is the post by nayr1482 that explains everything about this OC solution. maybe give it a shot if you haven't had luck with some of the others
This is what I do as well, except if I get above 748 MHz then I start to get problems with lockups.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by howhi05 View Post
Couldn't agree with you anymore except i'm running her at a smooth pagepool of 16 a lil slower but just enough room 4 some multitasking.
On another note i see that you've been tearing it up the last page or so. keep it up man and thanks 4 ur help.
lol yeah i get busy working and then when i come in the house i look at the thread and try to answer anything and sometimes i end up with a bunch of posts, thank you for thanking me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development