PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 06:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

prboy1969 is keeping up the good workprboy1969 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
it's not hard bro, this is covered about once on each page of the thread. flash phone>provision phone>install sprint keyboard fix>install NRG Boush MMS cab and then everything works, if you back out to where you entered the thread you will see a paperclip off to the right side where all files that have been uploaded to this thread are, look for the one with NRG Boush MMS and download and install that.
Tried this multiple times last night . Still no MMS . I can now receive MMS , but I can't send . It goes through , but they don't receive a pick on the other end .

Old 09-01-2010, 07:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Anyone know how a Hotfile Premium Account works? I am back in the UAE and every time I connect to the Internet, to pull down one of NRG's latest ROM's, I am met with the following:

You are currently downloading..
Free users are allowed to only one parallel download..

I have been to multiple hotels, both in Dubai and now Abu Dhabi, and get the same error. Or it tells me to wait for 102 minutes, and then at the end will still not download. If I purchase a premium account, will others using this shared IP address, also have access to my downloads?

Thanks
Old 09-01-2010, 08:02 AM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
you can find the regedit under HLKM/SOFTWARE/HTC/HTC Animation.

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
Just want to update on the stupid sms issue. I finally figured out that it was because instead of +country code I used the local access code..........And that was all it took to fix it. At least SMS works and Still trying to figure out how MMS works.
well, I use +Code and I still don't get the suggestion box when typing the name with Swype
Old 09-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Heres a link to an Engadget article about the problems with the HTC twitter app and twitters new security settings:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/01/h...-authenticati/

David
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

OK, heres my take on installing multiple battery tweaks (and, its just my opinion so take it for what its worth).

Battery tweaks are good but, they present a compromise between functionality and time of use. Yes, you can turn off almost every service and eye candy and lots of other things to get more than a days use but then (IMHO) that defeats the whole purpose of going with a custom ROM.

I have found that the biggest draw on the battery is the radio. When I'm in good coverage areas, I get great - better than a day and a half - battery life. If I'm at work - a heavilly sheilded environment - I'm lucky if I get 12 hours. Although I quit my job 2 days ago to go to grad school.....

My "tweaks" are: Setting my backlight to 50 - 60%. Setting weather updates to every 3 hours, and using the bluetooth and wifi toggles to turn them off when not needed. Location Service, while I really like using it is a battery hog.

Any apps that run that use data are going to continue to try to get a data connection even when one isn't available and that will drain the battery quickly so I try to either stop data whenI can or when I know I'm going to be in a fringe area.

Different Cores also make a difference. The pre 8/25 23xx builds were great on battery life, giving me more than 24 hours regularly, but the most recent ones give a bit less.

To me, installing new tweaks and cabs is a PITA every time I flash. And, like Agent said, some of them "break" things like bluetooth.
Maybe if there was one all-inclusive cab I might be more inclined to do it but right now, changing just a couple settings is quick, easy and reliable for me.

Just some random pre-cup of coffee thoughts.

David
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:44 AM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

Dave, Both your above posts are great. Both Thanked.

I know this is just me and not everyone else, but, I picked 6.5.5, 2.5 sense because it is Eyecandy and I Oced my phone so they don't interfere with speed.

I use my phone extensively every single day (wifi around 8h a day). So my solution to my battery problem is.....

Wait for it....

JUST PUT THE CHARGER NEXT TO YOUR BED. So whenever your going to sleep at night, you just charge it over night. No pain, no hassle. looool.

Easiest way for me.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewahlrus View Post
thank ya for the heads up on that, i have a short attention span and got to messing with the android stuff and totally forgot about it lol, so i definitely thanked ya for that. on another note, didn't dig the android so now i'm going to have to figure out how to uninstall all of that stuff, just not my cup of tea, but at least i tried it out, might be different if it was actually on a phone that was made for it, thanks for sharing that anyways.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlee83 View Post
when you say breaks it what do you mean?
lol would be easier to know who you are talking to if you would quote there post, just for future reference, but i think you are talking to me, what i mean by breaks it means that when i soft reset my phone after installing all those battery tweaks it came up that the bluetooth stack couldn't be initiated which means that bluetooth can't be used, guess it depends on if you use bluetooth for anything on whether it's important or not.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

muzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to muzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
Dave, Both your above posts are great. Both Thanked.

I know this is just me and not everyone else, but, I picked 6.5.5, 2.5 sense because it is Eyecandy and I Oced my phone so they don't interfere with speed.

I use my phone extensively every single day (wifi around 8h a day). So my solution to my battery problem is.....

Wait for it....

JUST PUT THE CHARGER NEXT TO YOUR BED. So whenever your going to sleep at night, you just charge it over night. No pain, no hassle. looool.

Easiest way for me.
+1 to that. I also have a spare battery which is often a life saver. I'd rather have a phone look and act like I want and switch batteries when needed...That said, I did back off of the latest 23xxx due to not being able to figure out why it drained so quick on my phone....went back to 8/24. I couldn't get through the business day with two batteries on 8/28 gtx

Last edited by muzik; 09-01-2010 at 10:29 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
Tried this multiple times last night . Still no MMS . I can now receive MMS , but I can't send . It goes through , but they don't receive a pick on the other end .
somethings definitely wrong as i have used it so i know it works so i don't know what's wrong unless you have something else installed that's breaking it for some reason, all i can say is give us as much information as to what rom you are using and what you have installed so we can try and narrow it down because as of right now i'm lost on what to do.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development