PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Hey Dave. Going to Grad school is the best investment you'll do. You'll see the results in the long run

Though I don't know why you quit your job but I am in Grad school and I am looking for a full time job (classes start at 6pm). So no problem with working during the day.

It will be tougher but better for my CV.

Back to topic, Im not going to revert back to older rom version just for Twitter. Ill just wait for a newer rom soon.
I just love when I see a new log on the first page lool.

Last edited by bteljuice; 09-01-2010 at 12:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Deleted
Old 09-01-2010, 12:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliens50 View Post
Ah man! Twitter crapped out on me a couple days ago. I'm getting the ""The account was forbidden to access the twitter server" message. Looks like it's because twitter changed to OAuth.

Does anyone know if the Aug 28th version fixes this problem? Running July 21st, and will switch if it does.

Damn! Looks like no resolution yet. NRG commented about it on twitter:
Thanks for the info, looks like we are stuck & on our own without the twitter tab for a while. The information from other uses a few pages back makes it seem like it could be a while before anybody knows what to do with the Twitter Tab
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Thanks for the info, looks like we are stuck & on our own without the twitter tab for a while. The information from other uses a few pages back makes it seem like it could be a while before anybody knows what to do with the Twitter Tab
Wait, weren't you on the 28 Aug rom about a day ago? You switched back just for twitter? (just saw your sig)
I don't know how you have the patience to keep going back and forth. I always go forward, even for the twitter tab. I'll use Mo'tweets
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
Wait, weren't you on the 28 Aug rom about a day ago? You switched back just for twitter? (just saw your sig)
I don't know how you have the patience to keep going back and forth. I always go forward, even for the twitter tab. I'll use Mo'tweets
LOL no I switched back for the battery life, Aug28th was horrible for me. Twitter Tab doesnt work on either one & I will just have to do without Twitter because I dont want to pay for an app & PockeTwit sucks
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:51 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
you can find the regedit under HLKM/SOFTWARE/HTC/HTC Animation.
Just want to update on the stupid sms issue. I finally figured out that it was because instead of +country code I used the local access code..........And that was all it took to fix it. At least SMS works and Still trying to figure out how MMS works.
1. Animation (also): start(winkey), tools, adv config, htc animation for those not wanting to play with registry...
2. SMS: Good to hear! "was because instead of +country code I used the local access code" Where should i assume a comma? after "country code" or after "I used"? ... in other words, if i'm in the same situation soon the local access code worked.. correct?
*edit* disregard, you were answering @ same time, thanks, read post below

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
well i installed those extra cabs and to tell the truth so far they haven't done anything, my battery has fallen by 3 percent within a few minutes of messing with it, and one of them breaks the bluetooth stack so that can't be used, i don't use bluetooth for a headset but i do use it to connect to my Mac, so i'll probably mess with them and find out which one breaks it and not use that one at least. on another note i'm in the process of installing the android so we'll see how that goes.
Patience... i'd like to hear what you get in a few hours please. Thanks in advance!

Yea, I know this ROM burns battery a lot faster.. don't forget your battery has finite life also, it may be nearing EOL... try one of those I post the other day maybe...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
Anyone know how a Hotfile Premium Account works? I am back in the UAE and every time I connect to the Internet, to pull down one of NRG's latest ROM's, I am met with the following:
You are currently downloading..
Free users are allowed to only one parallel download..

I have been to multiple hotels, both in Dubai and now Abu Dhabi, and get the same error. Or it tells me to wait for 102 minutes, and then at the end will still not download. If I purchase a premium account, will others using this shared IP address, also have access to my downloads?
Thanks
Made an A$$ of myself flaming about hotfile many moons ago... my solution? Enable ALL cookies, java, scripts, popups, etc.. & clear everything in cache, I also run "CleanUp"
Don't double click, if it still messes with you switching browsers often works, if getting error message (IE, FF, Chrome..)... also if tethering reboot phone, if not unplug modem & get a new IP, then you don't have to wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
OK, heres my take on installing multiple battery tweaks (and, its just my opinion so take it for what its worth).

Battery tweaks are good but, they present a compromise between functionality and time of use. Yes, you can turn off almost every service and eye candy and lots of other things to get more than a days use but then (IMHO) that defeats the whole purpose of going with a custom ROM.

I have found that the biggest draw on the battery is the radio.
To me, installing new tweaks and cabs is a PITA every time I flash. And, like Agent said, some of them "break" things like bluetooth.
Maybe if there was one all-inclusive cab I might be more inclined to do it but right now, changing just a couple settings is quick, easy and reliable for me.
David
sashimi & UC... let them do all the cabs! (and xml) I know you're a from scratch guy to make sure new ROM runs well & no issues, but there's a ton of guys with a LOT more rep than us restoring ALL THE TIME with no issues. I'm backup & restore a ton more again.. I just avoid the .reg files, automating cab installs shouldn't cause an issue... IMO :<)) my 2 cents..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
I concur bro that the radio is probably the biggest battery hog and data as the second,.......
i uninstalled the android, have to remove it through "remove programs" and then go to your sd card and manually delete a bunch of files/folders from there and then things are back to normal, life is good again lol. ...
All radios! including talking on the phone, worst is roaming in & out.. bright screen also... IMO

On a 16 gig SD what's the diff if you leave a 250 meg Droid OS on it?! Does no harm! Heck for that matter, on an 8 or 4 gig! Takes no memory & almost no storage. IMO most of the people get frustrated because they don't look at the key mapping PRIOR to running it, once you get use to the different keys & that the win key brings up all menus & the back key is actually used for back... everything is wonderful!

Quote:
On a side note, 8/28 23xxx is terrible on battery. I'm already on my second charge today and down to 82%. I'm still going to give it another day or so before I have a flashback to pre 8/25 CHT...
David
+1 on 25th cookie for battery!!

T-truck just stopped by & filled the T-tank!! :>)) proceeding to empty..
*edit* me think'n 30 a day also metered..! I just lost the T button with only about 15! Gave out about 15 in morn & 15 @ night... guessing they'll give me another 15 tonight?! Interesting..

Last edited by teradog; 09-01-2010 at 01:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

eddiecruz is a n00b

Does anyone know how to disable the slide-to-unlock on the latest Energy ROM?
Old 09-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
Thank you

well, I use +Code and I still don't get the suggestion box when typing the name with Swype
when you go to command manager and click on "Change Phone settings". You can see settings for voice mail and text message. This is where you can input your text msg routing number. Instead of putting + then country code, I just used the local access code. I know it is stupid, but the fix was simple and right in front of my eyes.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:05 PM
aliens50

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
See my post one page back.

David
Ahh, didn't see that, thanks Dave. Bummer though! I'm traveling for work right now and not reading twitter updates during the first part of my SSS really messes up my routine

And, to make matters worse, the wifi at my hotel doesn't reach my room, and my phone keeps switching back and forth between normal and Mexico roaming (at a border city atm), so tethering isn't working.

And... ATT is f'ing everything up with our managed T1 install at this remote location. I need to find me a good margarita quick!

Last edited by aliens50; 09-01-2010 at 01:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-01-2010, 01:21 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
when you go to command manager and click on "Change Phone settings". You can see settings for voice mail and text message. This is where you can input your text msg routing number. Instead of putting + then country code, I just used the local access code. I know it is stupid, but the fix was simple and right in front of my eyes.
possible noob Q: "You can see settings for voice mail and text message"
All I actually see is: "CDMA settings", then next line "Voicemail:" on no screen do I see text message?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development