PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

alright folks well i think i'm out for the long weekend, going out of town, so unless i get realllllll bored then i won't be around, everyone have a great weekend and be safe!
Old 09-02-2010, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket

meachi04 is just getting started
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bob View Post
NRG posted a hotfix, krazydude attached it to a post 2 pages back
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=24329
o_O THANK YOU!! I hit the button!
Old 09-02-2010, 02:30 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy2001x View Post
The music player does not work on the cookie aug 28th build, it keeps searching then scrolling thru the music but wont play. I also cant open media player or play files inside it. Music is broken. I also cant save anyone and will apply that fix above to see if it works.
FYI, works great for me! same build, not dinik

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Gonna run this past you guys again, surprised cause it seems like an easy question:
What font is used in these NRG roms?
I asked about 10 pages back (read: 12 hours ago lol this thread FLIES through posts)
Sorry, not ignoring you... I have NO idea, twitter NRG! (after applying the fix of course.. who's post got thanked by me :>)) & I don't twitter..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentz919 View Post
The hypnotic cab has all the cabs that I use plus some for battery life. I noticed that some of the cabs i left out broke programs I use so i left them out. I honestly haven't charged my phone since Monday and I am sitting at 41% battery tonight... I don't know what I am doing/not doing to make it last this long... I ALWAYS have 3+ bars of signal so maybe that is the difference? I notice that if my phone is searching for signal my battery can drain in 1-2 hours. Sorry my cabs didn't help you out but i guess it was worth a shot. Sorry I am such a failure!
"The hypnotic cab".. "such a failure" HA! I see you're hard on yourself also! :>)) Your only failure was NOT POSTING WHICH HYPNOTIC CAB! (now feel better.. i'm done yelling) Ha! :>) is it the Hypnotic2010 ALL_BATTERY_TWEAKS cab? If so, that's what I'm running! No issues for me with battery. In fact it's in my SD Sashimi storage card cab list for restore after a reflash!
~The beatings will continue until morale improves~ :>))

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
alright folks well i think i'm out for the long weekend, going out of town, so unless i get realllllll bored then i won't be around, everyone have a great weekend and be safe!
Ride safe, no wheelies! errr... "Drive fast & take chances"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

muzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to muzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
Wait, weren't you on the 28 Aug rom about a day ago? You switched back just for twitter? (just saw your sig)
I don't know how you have the patience to keep going back and forth. I always go forward, even for the twitter tab. I'll use Mo'tweets
I use Mo Tweets anyway. I remove the tab and Facebook too. Personally, I'd just as soon have a quicklink if on my first page. I did go back to the 8/24 rom but it was due to battery drain. I think it was poor signal that was burning it up where I am right now. The 8/24 isn't as good as it was then on drain. It was the first time I did that. I like the feeling of being on the cutting edge...it makes my phone fun! I only use the 23xxx builds also for the same reason.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:46 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bob View Post
Guess that I am going to have to try to keep you guys a little busier.

So I flashed the Aug 28 21914 cookie and happily ran it for a day as I always do without problems. However, based on NRG's comments that I didn't know what I was missing, I flashed Aug 28 23127 cookie and have been running it for a couple of days with my normal setup that I always use. Since switching I have been having problems with SOD. I have tried backing my OC down to 729 but that didn't help. Just went to 710 so we will see how that goes. Does anyone have other experiences or suggestions regarding SOD on 23127 vs. 21914? I'm just trying to figure out what could be the difference. Thanks.
Ive been having the same issue,SOD,with the last 4-5 NRG 23XXX CHT Dinik Glass rom releases. It would vary between 4-20 times a day depending on which release. So far ive found the best,most stable,best battery life, and least amount of SODs, release to be the Aug 25 rom. There was a few extra things i did,with some help from another forum member, to get rid of the SOD issue tho and its only happened once in 4 days so far now and that was when i had very little memory left and the device was multi-tasking and under extremely hard use at the time;making and recieving phone calls,texts,online via EV then switched to wifi, and after about my 10th call ended, with only about 14mbs memory left, it froze. So far thats the only time i had to reset. But i would recomend using a CleanRam or Ram Sweep type app/program because of memory leakage but i found that CleanRam may have been helping to cause the SOD issue, but im not sure and have used it on virtually every other rom ive ever used with no problems but i didnt want to take chances. Since mortscript is already cooked into NRGZ roms im going to try and find the most recent release of BSB RamSweep and BSB RamSweep Config. Tool and see how that works out. Or u could just reet once or twice a day like i do right now and that works fine too. Well here are the changes,alterations i have tried and use on my T. Pro 2 currently running NRGZ 23678 CHT Dinik Glass Aug 25 rom release;
1. Changed Pagepool to 12 or 14 max.(need the memory)
2. Use Total Comander or File Explorer and go into Device/Windows/Start up/and delete Arkswitch.
3. Use T.Com. or File Exlorer and u dont have too but i think it works better to go into Device/Windows/Start Menu/Tools/and delete Arkswitch and u can end there but i even went into Programs and deleted Arkswitch. I deleted Arkswitch every where i found it.But thats not necessary.Mainly the very first step is the most important.
4. Use total Comander or File Explorer and go into Storage Card/Applications?and delete the, HTC, folder.u could just delete the whole Applications folder from your sdcard if u dont store anything in it.Because its just empty otherwise(Not HTC folder in device)
5. I also disable all animations,especially on a CHT rom.Its also good to remove the Music player from your homescreen on CHT roms.
6. Now this isnt absolutely necessary but ive found that using a 4GB sdcard seems to work better than my 16GB sdcard, but my 4GB is new and my 16GB sdcard is older, butg it does help,especially with loading music from the sdcard.
7. I set up my whole device manually and didnt use any setup cabs or any provisioning apps or setup wizards either.I also installed one cab a day and tested it the entire day.I know its a pain to setup manually but it ensures that the only settings altered are the setings u change yourself and that the cab doesnt install anything extra. Some cabs can effect roms differently.
I also use NinjaDucks disable twitter tab cab, and Ninjaducks disable Stocks cab, and if your rom has a document indexer tab then use NinjaDucks disable document indexer cab.But if u use any of these cabs then u must disable the tab from the tab settings page. It will give better batterylife and has seemed to help with the SOD issue.
I could probly go on for another page of recomendations to get rid of SOD but this its whats worked best for me so far, and i cant take all the credit alot of these ideas were answered for me by another forum member but i cant remember his name now but alot of thanks go to him as im just reposting alot of his info because he was the first to actually answer my similiar question that i posted earlier. So most the recomendations that ive mentioned were first posted by him. I had already done a few he mentioned, but he did help me alot with a couple more that really helped the problem. The main problem with doing the above mentioned fixes the same eact way i did is that it removes your main task mngr. U could always just use the other task mngr included by NRG,which is what ive been doing for a few days.Just until i figure out which taskmngr i want to try. Ive had troubles with Arcswitch on other roms before so i thought that might be a problem and after getting rid of Arkswitch that fixed half my issues with SOD and deleting the Application data/HTC folder that helped even more . I wish NRG would switch to the MM task mngr or try the HTC task mngr. Ive seen HTC Taskmngr cooked into 6.5.X roms before. Hope this helps, but remember doing any of this is all at your own risk and i, nor ppcgeeks, accept any responsability for u damaging your device. That being said worst comes to worst just perform a hard-reset and start over. I could keep going but just try these recomendations one at a time and see how they help u. They have made my device actually stable and usable again. After a fresh flash it would get the SOD every 15-60 minutes at least and was barely useable at all. Now its only gotten SOD once in days and after extremely hard use/abuse. So they do help.Im not sure which ones help the most but all of them together work good.Feel free to try them one at a time. Thats what i did. I just kept adding and removing things/files/cab/apps,until i got my device where i wanted it,stable and with no SOD issue.Good luck.

Last edited by lbcary; 09-02-2010 at 02:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:51 PM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Oh yea, off topic again.. but may help someone... talking about SD card... (taking the long way)
Couldn't get the new Droid builds to run, although I've been running them on my SD card for months. Got out the magnifying glass noticed chdsk & then a long loop (lasted all night once). Took out a 1 gig I had deleted files, put on android Blazen, still not working, (tested so much the exact order gets mixed up but I'll get to the point soon)... tried tons of diff startup.txt files as I deleted all my old working ones when I cleaned some old stuff up.. finally downloaded the froyo reference, & no go, FORMATTED the SD card & everything started working. 1. PROBLEM -> SD card

But, I wanted it on an 8 gig I have tons of stuff on & 6 gig's of music since sound is working now on Droid... couldn't get it to work, for many hours... was looking around cleaning up crap like the htc folder & deleted the entire applications directory as well... and then I found a nightmare!!!!!! In the DCIM directory I found FULL of thumbnails..2. (thumbnail directory) so I tried to delete some.. 1/2 hour later, I stopped it, OC'd to max & deleted more... 1/2 hour later I was not even close to done. In hindsight I'd have put it in a card reader & deleted using the PC, but not sure if that would have been faster.... 1.6 hours of straight deleting 10's of thousands of thumbnail files... Go check yours... Unreal.. I also copied off all pics & vids, but that took less than 10 min!

redid entire droid, still no go, but felt good getting all that crap off my card..
Had to fix one of my PC's so I could off load the SD card... copied all the stuff & 3. reformatted the 8gig SD 2 times, copied it all back on (took 35 min?? 6MB/sec class 6 should have??) cleaned out the entire root directory, reinstalled the droid cab, copied over the startup.txt & WALA EVERYTHING WORKS... NICE.

Notice above.. the problem? 2 times was 2 different SD cards. A few pages ago Dave TN & I both recommended to a guy not to use his SD card (he said not use, I said get new one) as he was going to dump his tp2 for an EVO... If you have problems, REFORMAT YOUR SD CARDS!!!!!!!!!

At least 20 hours of work on this. I may even go back & see if I can get the Blazen cab to work.. but am too tired right now.. anyway, thought that may help someone..

Last edited by teradog; 09-02-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

Agentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuff

Teradog:
""The hypnotic cab".. "such a failure" HA! I see you're hard on yourself also! :>)) Your only failure was NOT POSTING WHICH HYPNOTIC CAB! (now feel better.. i'm done yelling) Ha! :>) is it the Hypnotic2010 ALL_BATTERY_TWEAKS cab? If so, that's what I'm running! No issues for me with battery. In fact it's in my SD Sashimi storage card cab list for restore after a reflash!
~The beatings will continue until morale improves~ :>))"

I am pretty sure it is the Hypnotic2010 ALL_BATTERY_TWEAKS cab that has the cabs I use as well as some others. I am pretty sure that the 04_shaolin BatterySaver cab is the one that breaks Bluetooth.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

muzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to muzik

Quote:
The hypnotic cab has all the cabs that I use plus some for battery life. I noticed that some of the cabs i left out broke programs I use so i left them out. I honestly haven't charged my phone since Monday and I am sitting at 41% battery tonight... I don't know what I am doing/not doing to make it last this long... I ALWAYS have 3+ bars of signal so maybe that is the difference? I notice that if my phone is searching for signal my battery can drain in 1-2 hours. Sorry my cabs didn't help you out but i guess it was worth a shot. Sorry I am such a failure!
I went through all three of my batteries on Tuesday and switched back to 8/24. I still needed to dip into my third yesterday. I agree it is signal stength, mostly. I travel all over and I'm inside a metal building with lot's of wiring. I think the latest 8/28 may be a little more of a drain but not a deal breaker. I might as well wait for the new one now instead of flashing back today to 8/28....well, once a flash a holic... I still remember when I tried other roms. This is my home now and I only do NRG now.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

Agentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzik View Post
I went through all three of my batteries on Tuesday and switched back to 8/24. I still needed to dip into my third yesterday. I agree it is signal stength, mostly. I travel all over and I'm inside a metal building with lot's of wiring. I think the latest 8/28 may be a little more of a drain but not a deal breaker. I might as well wait for the new one now instead of flashing back today to 8/28....well, once a flash a holic... I still remember when I tried other roms. This is my home now and I only do NRG now.
When I know that I am going to be somewhere where I dont have signal I hold down my end key and put my phone in airplane mode. This way my phone doesn't go psycho because it cant get its fix on a line of signal (bad cocaine joke.) I could see how this could become annoying for you due to the fact that you are constantly on the move but might be something you want to try?

I ended up charging my phone over night last night (it was at 48% battery left since Monday) and I have had it off of charge for 6 hours today. I am sitting at 78% batter life right now... I dont really understand this because it took me 2 days to get that low before. When I woke up today I took it off charge and put it back on because I notice that it stops charging after it is fully charged. I haven't used it any more that I normally do and I haven't had signal issues. I did sit in a different seat in my ECON class and it does get down to 1 bar in there. Evil battery indicator IMO...
Old 09-02-2010, 03:10 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Teradog:
""The hypnotic cab".. "such a failure" HA! I see you're hard on yourself also! :>)) Your only failure was NOT POSTING WHICH HYPNOTIC CAB! (now feel better.. i'm done yelling) Ha! :>) is it the Hypnotic2010 ALL_BATTERY_TWEAKS cab? If so, that's what I'm running! No issues for me with battery. In fact it's in my SD Sashimi storage card cab list for restore after a reflash!
~The beatings will continue until morale improves~ :>))"

I am pretty sure it is the Hypnotic2010 ALL_BATTERY_TWEAKS cab that has the cabs I use as well as some others. I am pretty sure that the 04_shaolin BatterySaver cab is the one that breaks Bluetooth.
And.. you think that the 04_shaolin BatterySaver cab is in the Hypnotic2010 ALL_BATTERY_TWEAKS cab?

If so, I've been using it over the last 10 ROM's & have a stereo BT... I haven't had many issues, except having to double quick click headset to hangup...

Wonder what is suppose to "break"?
btw, got the T-button back.. as u can c :>))

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development