PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cocoabro is keeping up the good workcocoabro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 18| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Well, this thread's about to get really nasty. NRG just posted this on Twitter:

"Thinking of trying new things for the design of Energy ROM and would like some input from all of you. Pics of your current setups would be nice, along with suggestions for graphical mods to add ! You can post that stuff in the main thread for your device and then link me the post # here "

Here we go...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 18| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabro View Post

"Thinking of trying new things for the design of Energy ROM and would like some input from all of you. Pics of your current setups would be nice, along with suggestions for graphical mods to add ! You can post that stuff in the main thread for your device and then link me the post # here "

Here we go...
If he were to add the things we have been talking about in the past 10-20 pages and keep the stability... He could possibly put every other chef out of business LOL
Old 08-20-2010, 05:21 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabro View Post

Here we go...
Why is it gonna get nasty?

IMHO, I really think its kind of cool that he is actively soliciting input from us for changes. I really think the ROM has reached its peak and asking us for opinion on tweaks changes is a good idea. Of course, some core changes will always keep us flash happy.
I just hope its not a sign that he's about to retire.

I'm happy with a good straightforward ROM that is functional and light (but not limited) on the eye candy and has lots of features.

David

Last edited by DaveTN; 08-20-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
If he were to add the things we have been talking about in the past 10-20 pages and keep the stability... He could possibly put every other chef out of business LOL
meh... If I was a chef, I wouldn't want to put the other guys out of business ( I know you're kidding anyway). I think - moreso at XDA - its the collaboration between them that really fuels the whole custom ROM frenzy. Take for instance cookie and max sense. If they were limited to one ROM, you would have few choices to work with, but since many chefs now use them, we get to enjoy the other features and tweaks that the individual chefs cook in.

David
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:38 PM
VIP Member

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
meh... If I was a chef, I wouldn't want to put the other guys out of business ( I know you're kidding anyway). I think - moreso at XDA - its the collaboration between them that really fuels the whole custom ROM frenzy. Take for instance cookie and max sense. If they were limited to one ROM, you would have few choices to work with, but since many chefs now use them, we get to enjoy the other features and tweaks that the individual chefs cook in.

David
U r absolutely correct! I cant wait to see where this goes and knowing NRG it cant go anywhere but up. This is the time that all of us that contribute to this thread need to really take a look at our ROMs no matter which version of NRG u are using and lets come up with some GREAT ideas not just anything because we dont want to waste his time.

First question: What do we want to be better about the ROM?

Speak now while we have the chance to really get some changes made!
Old 08-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
My 2 cents... most chefs do page pools in the 12-20 range. NRG may be a tad higher.. These guys are pretty darn smart. There's a reason they don't put their pp @ under 10.

12 if you need lots of RAM, 16 norm, 20 if you want snap & quickness but you may run out of RAM (out of memory error) if you have a gps, total commander, music playing & try to get that 3rd Opera tab. Go back a page or 2 & read that page pool info link.

A week or 2 ago I suggested 0 (zero) due to some reading, which lets Windows manage it. Windows manages GPS well, but SUCKS @ managing memory (which I also post about).. under 10 megs @ times... wouldn't recover back well. It would start quick, awesome in fact... but after an hour of heavy use... no memory, didn't clean well either. I think others then found the same as well.

That said, it sure is fun messing with pp if you've got time. Nothing wrong with trying. After all, isn't that why we're all here? I had over 30 running a few days ago, REALLY quick.. actually never stayed on it long enough to get memory errors. Ha! try it & let us know!!

Dude, you baiting us? We had this same conversation here: ?? :>))
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1916422
GGEEEEZZ man... and here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=10

As big nad said a couple posts above yours:
"the larger the pagepool, the smaller the program ram.
the larger the page pool, the "faster" the ROM operates since the pagepool is used as a pseudo-ram/cache for the OS."

Put a few in & try it yourself.. no way your hurt the TP2... the best way: good luck
I know all about pagepool, thanks for the info though. I've tried it at 0 as well on MightyRom. Primarily, I was wondering about people using it so low (6.99) and also surprised to see that Energy's was so high, so since everyone else was chiming in i decided to say what I was using. I wasn't even going to say anything because I had assumed it was already at 12 and people were lowering it to get some memory back, but then when i saw the ROM came at such a high pp already, i was like duh *facepalm* thats why my memory is so low. But yeah i was just giving a recommendation, since i didnt see anyone else changing it to 12 thought I'd speak up and say my opinion (:
Old 08-20-2010, 06:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cocoabro is keeping up the good workcocoabro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Why is it gonna get nasty?

IMHO, I really think its kind of cool that he is actively soliciting input from us for changes. I really think the ROM has reached its peak and asking us for opinion on tweaks changes is a good idea. Of course, some core changes will always keep us flash happy.
By "nasty" I just meant that the thread's going to grow quicker than a post-marriage Anna Nicole Smith. Not a bad thing, but I'll probably have to step up how often I check the thread after the suggestions start pouring in.

My only wish is that there was a fix for bluetooth.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

omg!!! energy why are the 'reply' and 'delete' options switched in the sms messaging tab???? i'm too used to how it was, i keep deleting text messages when i want to reply

Edit: looks like they are all jumbled

used to go New, Reply, Forward, Delete

Now its New, Delete, Reply, Forward
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen10.jpg (3.9 KB, 34 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by kern417; 08-20-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:40 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
omg!!! energy why are the 'reply' and 'delete' options switched in the sms messaging tab???? i'm too used to how it was, i keep deleting text messages when i want to reply
LOL i did the same thing about 10 times since flashing
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post

Edit: looks like they are all jumbled

used to go New, Reply, Forward, Delete

Now its New, Delete, Reply, Forward
wow holy shit, totally didnt notice that... good thing its been a slow week for msg's

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development