PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 18| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
I'd love to have this as well. There is a quick link, but I can't use a quick link when Sense is hung.

I just changed to the reference build, as the best I can tell, the only difference is that CHT is not installed.

I've not had any problems in the last 30 hours or so. I've been abusing the phone pretty badly. I've now overclocked it to see if I can get it to hang.

So far getting rid of CHT had fixed my phone problems. Now if there was a Dinik Glass reference build . . .

dave
If you can hit your winkey and get into the start menu, the "restart"....
OOPS, nevermind thats reset.
I wonder if one of the hardare keys can be remapped for a long hold to restart sense. Hmmm... will have to look into that.

David

EDIT: Just tried it. Doesn't work. Sorry...

Last edited by DaveTN; 08-20-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

galonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 18| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Thats how I have mine set. It gives a good balance of battery savings and relatively accurate weather forcasts. If the moon is out, it is usually during the morining until around 10 am. I have manually updates beofre and it would still be there. The funny thing is that I have "my location" set to knoxville and I also have Knoxville manually programed as one of my cities and one will show the moon while the other is showing the sun.
No problem though as the weather changes around here so fast,the best way to forecast it is to just look out the window.

David
Agreed, I finally figured I could spare the battery hit to have a somewhat decent idea of the weather, and it probably takes more for me to check it manually anyway

For anyone who's interested, I think I put in a fairly typical day's use today (~9 hrs) on 21914 GTX and am currently at 56% battery and 47MB free with no need to reset, OC'd to 768Mhz:

• a couple phone calls
  • light texting
  • I had push mail enabled for my OTA exchange most of the time except while driving when I used BT (~1hr drive time total)
  • some light web browsing using Opera Mini (read a few pages on here)
  • took a pic and sent it via MMS
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TLSheff is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSheff View Post
On the GTX or Max Sense theme is there a way to change the main text colors??? Its white for mine, things like messaging, call lists, settings, etc... Makes it hard to read if you want anything but a black background ... if not ok just curious
GTX you can change it in the Co0kie's Home Tab Editor. Go to Miscellaneous settings and change the text color from there. Black text is 0,0,0
I'm using the Max Sense, android look-a-like, it doesnt have the Co0kie's Home Tab Editor... is there another way to change the text color? there is a Max Sense editor and i changed the color in that setting to black but it didn't affect anything

just want my messages text to read black against the background so i can actually read it
Old 08-20-2010, 04:16 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I'm just curious... Why 6.99 and not 6 or 7?
Thanks,

David
busting a gut... you know how many times I almost post that!? :>))

like most of us go in 4's, some in 2's... he's going by hundredths! ha! .01
Great humor...
Old 08-20-2010, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cocoabro is keeping up the good workcocoabro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
I'd love to have a way to restart sense from NOT inside of sense. I can't do it with any Task manager, It takes a reboot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
*the best, restarting sense! 99% of my freeze issues I can point the finger at either cookie or sense/both. If I could restart sense from the startmenu, probably wouldn't have to reboot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
I'd love to have this as well. There is a quick link, but I can't use a quick link when Sense is hung.
Maybe I'm missing something, but can't you just go Start>Settings>Home and disable Sense and then re-enable it after an OK? That's what I do.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2

galonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabro View Post
Maybe I'm missing something, but can't you just go Start>Settings>Home and disable Sense and then re-enable it after an OK? That's what I do.
I've noticed this method usually doesn't work when sense hangs because of CHT, it stays in mem locked up
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:23 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
was thinking more of a single button push in start, but yea, that seemed to work, question is,... would it work on a hung screen now.. will try it next time, good idea, thanks! (just knocked my wifi router out doing it :>))
Old 08-20-2010, 04:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
was thinking more of a single button push in start, but yea, that seemed to work, question is,... would it work on a hung screen now.. will try it next time, good idea, thanks! (just knocked my wifi router out doing it :>))
It will not work on a hung screen. Even if u are able to hit start and select a program or an option, it may open the program but u wont be able to select/change anything. Thats why I support a single button in the start menu or pressing a button or two buttons at the same time to restart sense
Old 08-20-2010, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
if i did standard, i'd prob try energy for more stuff cooked.. what diff is the standard ref from stock?! Why not try 23xxx?
quicklinks are everything for me... can you get more than 9 w/ that ROM?
Teradog,
You are correct, I actually downloaded Standard Energy, not reference.

It's got 9 quick links, but you can change that to 16 without going to CHT. I agree I like quick links.

dave
Old 08-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
I thought of mentioning that but I think his intention was to get sense to restart quickly without having to do a full restart. I walked through the steps and it takes about as long as doing a soft reset...just more steps involved.

I wonder since CHT has a "restart sense" quicklink, where the program actually is and could it be mapped to a hardkey. Just a thought.

David
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development