View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 06:00 PM
kern417
Regular 'Geeker

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 18| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
My 2 cents... most chefs do page pools in the 12-20 range. NRG may be a tad higher.. These guys are pretty darn smart. There's a reason they don't put their pp @ under 10.

12 if you need lots of RAM, 16 norm, 20 if you want snap & quickness but you may run out of RAM (out of memory error) if you have a gps, total commander, music playing & try to get that 3rd Opera tab. Go back a page or 2 & read that page pool info link.

A week or 2 ago I suggested 0 (zero) due to some reading, which lets Windows manage it. Windows manages GPS well, but SUCKS @ managing memory (which I also post about).. under 10 megs @ times... wouldn't recover back well. It would start quick, awesome in fact... but after an hour of heavy use... no memory, didn't clean well either. I think others then found the same as well.

That said, it sure is fun messing with pp if you've got time. Nothing wrong with trying. After all, isn't that why we're all here? I had over 30 running a few days ago, REALLY quick.. actually never stayed on it long enough to get memory errors. Ha! try it & let us know!!

Dude, you baiting us? We had this same conversation here: ?? :>))
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1916422
GGEEEEZZ man... and here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=10

As big nad said a couple posts above yours:
"the larger the pagepool, the smaller the program ram.
the larger the page pool, the "faster" the ROM operates since the pagepool is used as a pseudo-ram/cache for the OS."

Put a few in & try it yourself.. no way your hurt the TP2... the best way: good luck
I know all about pagepool, thanks for the info though. I've tried it at 0 as well on MightyRom. Primarily, I was wondering about people using it so low (6.99) and also surprised to see that Energy's was so high, so since everyone else was chiming in i decided to say what I was using. I wasn't even going to say anything because I had assumed it was already at 12 and people were lowering it to get some memory back, but then when i saw the ROM came at such a high pp already, i was like duh *facepalm* thats why my memory is so low. But yeah i was just giving a recommendation, since i didnt see anyone else changing it to 12 thought I'd speak up and say my opinion (: