PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Agentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
And.. you think that the 04_shaolin BatterySaver cab is in the Hypnotic2010 ALL_BATTERY_TWEAKS cab?

If so, I've been using it over the last 10 ROM's & have a stereo BT... I haven't had many issues, except having to double quick click headset to hangup...

Wonder what is suppose to "break"?
btw, got the T-button back.. as u can c :>))
I think that he (hypnotic) might have found a work around so that it didn't break BT... I know there was a way to disable BT then DL the cab and turn it back on so that it would work with the cab. Maybe you have had good luck and always had BT turned off before you installed it or something? That or I have no clue what I am talking about... I havent checked to see if there are any updates to the cabs I use because I haven't had any issues with them. If it isn't broken, why fix it huh?
Old 09-02-2010, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

blackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good work
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydude View Post
save to people hotfix nrgz aug 28th rom.cab
fixed my phone issue. hope it helps.
if i helped you please press "thanks"
cheers
krazy
Works, and thanked
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

kris812 is keeping up the good workkris812 is keeping up the good work

So hey I see a lot of people using cricket with their TP2.. I have a cab to install to get MMS/WAP working if anyone needs it PM me with your email.. On mobilespeedtest.com I am pulling over 7mbs on crickets mobile web (not kidding) Although latency is around 700-1000ms.. Anyone else have data cabs I can try out to see if the latencies get better or test themselves to see what they get on the 5 or 7mb test?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

muzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to muzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentz919 View Post
When I know that I am going to be somewhere where I dont have signal I hold down my end key and put my phone in airplane mode. This way my phone doesn't go psycho because it cant get its fix on a line of signal (bad cocaine joke.) I could see how this could become annoying for you due to the fact that you are constantly on the move but might be something you want to try?

I ended up charging my phone over night last night (it was at 48% battery left since Monday) and I have had it off of charge for 6 hours today. I am sitting at 78% batter life right now... I dont really understand this because it took me 2 days to get that low before. When I woke up today I took it off charge and put it back on because I notice that it stops charging after it is fully charged. I haven't used it any more that I normally do and I haven't had signal issues. I did sit in a different seat in my ECON class and it does get down to 1 bar in there. Evil battery indicator IMO...
Thanks for the advice. I need to receive calls whenever as it is for business. Not too busy today though. I started fully charged at 8 AM and down to 32% now at 1:48 PM...not good but better than the last two days. I work until 8:30, though so I may still need my third battery today also.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:17 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
When I know that I am going to be somewhere where I dont have signal I hold down my end key and put my phone in airplane mode. This way my phone doesn't go psycho because it cant get its fix on a line of signal (bad cocaine joke.) I could see how this could become annoying for you due to the fact that you are constantly on the move but might be something you want to try?
.... I did sit in a different seat in my ECON class and it does get down to 1 bar in there. Evil battery indicator IMO...
Regarding the former (end key): Yep, do it all the time up North, roaming SUCKs the battery especially if you can't even quite roam. In the mountains I keep it off & use Garmin for GPS on low screen light, NO RADIOS (airplane mode) & maybe on for a call, then off again.
Regarding the later: Come'on it's the Econ class, not the location in it!:>))

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzik View Post
I went through all three of my batteries on Tuesday and switched back to 8/24. I still needed to dip into my third yesterday. I agree it is signal stength, mostly. I travel all over and I'm inside a metal building with lot's of wiring. I think the latest 8/28 may be a little more of a drain but not a deal breaker. I might as well wait for the new one now instead of flashing back today to 8/28....well, once a flash a holic... I still remember when I tried other roms. This is my home now and I only do NRG now.
WOW, you MUST be leaving BT on & Wifi on all the time as well?!

Quote:
I think that he (hypnotic) might have found a work around so that it didn't break BT... I know there was a way to disable BT then DL the cab and turn it back on so that it would work with the cab. Maybe you have had good luck and always had BT turned off before you installed it or something? That or I have no clue what I am talking about... I havent checked to see if there are any updates to the cabs I use because I haven't had any issues with them. If it isn't broken, why fix it huh?
"That or I have no clue what I am talking about... " hahahahaha, best post of the day
Old 09-02-2010, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: VZN

tyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
It replaces your winmo sms layout and replace it with all HTC sense. So no more winmo interface when you click all messages. So unless you like to use the winmo interface, give the cab a try. It makes the msg experience much better and much more coherent throughout the whole device. And OC'd would definitely help.
yeah i got bored and tried it, i actually like the winmo interface so i uninstalled it and then it broke my notification thing... (where it tells you how many messages you have) so i had to flash back to an older rom.. which i was gonna do anyway but this gave me the motivation to go ahead and do it lol
Old 09-02-2010, 06:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Just checking in...

Not having any issues with the 8/22 23678 Cookie w/ Dinik Glass... Its been off the charger since 4am and I have been using the hell out of this phone today & Im still at 54% which is outstanding in my book because I dont use battery saving cabs AT ALL. Im glad I switched back from 23127. Is it just me or is anyone else anxious to see what the first September ROM is going to give us? Hmmmm but then again I might as well stay on this build until the Twitter Tab is fixed... Its pretty sad that this is the biggest decision I have in my life right now LOL
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

muzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to muzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Regarding the former (end key): Yep, do it all the time up North, roaming SUCKs the battery especially if you can't even quite roam. In the mountains I keep it off & use Garmin for GPS on low screen light, NO RADIOS (airplane mode) & maybe on for a call, then off again.
Regarding the later: Come'on it's the Econ class, not the location in it!:>))

WOW, you MUST be leaving BT on & Wifi on all the time as well?!

"That or I have no clue what I am talking about... " hahahahaha, best post of the day
One reason for the heavy battery use is that I like the screen on full brightness. I open the nav sometimes, do alot of email and talk. I can go all day at home but never make it through the night. I don't surf the net very often and don't play games at all. My laptop is available for all of that if I wanted to. The spare batteries are cheap and only take a moment to change.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

blankdaze is a n00b

My god! I'm a newb. A COMPLETE newb who thought I bricked my phone. Maybe I did. So I took the battery out and then flashed my phone correctly. Anywho, I have to say that it is CRIMINAL to make this look so pretty. Coming from the Silence ROM, I have to say, WOW. THANK YOU. I'm a poor dental student right now, but I will donate to this awesome group of chefs. Chefs... did I use that correctly? =P Thank you.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankdaze View Post
My god! I'm a newb. A COMPLETE newb who thought I bricked my phone. Maybe I did. So I took the battery out and then flashed my phone correctly. Anywho, I have to say that it is CRIMINAL to make this look so pretty. Coming from the Silence ROM, I have to say, WOW. THANK YOU. I'm a poor dental student right now, but I will donate to this awesome group of chefs. Chefs... did I use that correctly? =P Thank you.
Great first post, you're right it is criminal what NRG and other great chefs pull off with our devices. This is NRG's ROM and all credit truly goes to him first and often!

Best... Member... Ever...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development