PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
Anyone know how a Hotfile Premium Account works? I am back in the UAE and every time I connect to the Internet, to pull down one of NRG's latest ROM's, I am met with the following:

You are currently downloading..
Free users are allowed to only one parallel download..

I have been to multiple hotels, both in Dubai and now Abu Dhabi, and get the same error. Or it tells me to wait for 102 minutes, and then at the end will still not download. If I purchase a premium account, will others using this shared IP address, also have access to my downloads?

Thanks
sounds like something in your internet cache is being stored so when you visit the site it's thinking that you are already downloading a file, are you using internet explorer? try clearing your cache, closing internet explorer and restarting it, try restarting your computer, and the last suggestion i have is to use another browser, i use firefox and never have an issue with that, the reason i ask if you are using internet explorer is because i have heard of others using it have issues like that, hope that helps ya bro.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
OK, heres my take on installing multiple battery tweaks (and, its just my opinion so take it for what its worth).

Battery tweaks are good but, they present a compromise between functionality and time of use. Yes, you can turn off almost every service and eye candy and lots of other things to get more than a days use but then (IMHO) that defeats the whole purpose of going with a custom ROM.

I have found that the biggest draw on the battery is the radio. When I'm in good coverage areas, I get great - better than a day and a half - battery life. If I'm at work - a heavilly sheilded environment - I'm lucky if I get 12 hours. Although I quit my job 2 days ago to go to grad school.....

My "tweaks" are: Setting my backlight to 50 - 60%. Setting weather updates to every 3 hours, and using the bluetooth and wifi toggles to turn them off when not needed. Location Service, while I really like using it is a battery hog.

Any apps that run that use data are going to continue to try to get a data connection even when one isn't available and that will drain the battery quickly so I try to either stop data whenI can or when I know I'm going to be in a fringe area.

Different Cores also make a difference. The pre 8/25 23xx builds were great on battery life, giving me more than 24 hours regularly, but the most recent ones give a bit less.

To me, installing new tweaks and cabs is a PITA every time I flash. And, like Agent said, some of them "break" things like bluetooth.
Maybe if there was one all-inclusive cab I might be more inclined to do it but right now, changing just a couple settings is quick, easy and reliable for me.

Just some random pre-cup of coffee thoughts.

David
I concur bro that the radio is probably the biggest battery hog and data as the second, so what's the point of my post, nothing i just wanted to post because i was bored and wanted say what's up bro! lol.

well also while i am posting and wasting space i uninstalled the android, have to remove it through "remove programs" and then go to your sd card and manually delete a bunch of files/folders from there and then things are back to normal, life is good again lol.

so how's it going bro, how's not going to work going so far? was that last day at work hard after being there so long?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Achristocat is keeping up the good workAchristocat is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
thank ya for the heads up on that, i have a short attention span and got to messing with the android stuff and totally forgot about it lol, so i definitely thanked ya for that. on another note, didn't dig the android so now i'm going to have to figure out how to uninstall all of that stuff, just not my cup of tea, but at least i tried it out, might be different if it was actually on a phone that was made for it, thanks for sharing that anyways.
Would you mind me asking which version of Android for TP2 you used? I had to do a few backflips to get it Completely up and running... If you want we can tkae the discussion offline from here...

Thanks!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
Dave, Both your above posts are great. Both Thanked.

I know this is just me and not everyone else, but, I picked 6.5.5, 2.5 sense because it is Eyecandy and I Oced my phone so they don't interfere with speed.

I use my phone extensively every single day (wifi around 8h a day). So my solution to my battery problem is.....

Wait for it....

JUST PUT THE CHARGER NEXT TO YOUR BED. So whenever your going to sleep at night, you just charge it over night. No pain, no hassle. looool.

Easiest way for me.
LOL! Thats right where it is.

On a side note, 8/28 23xxx is terrible on battery. I'm already on my second charge today and down to 82%. I'm still going to give it another day or so before I have a flashback to pre 8/25 CHT. I'm using all of my "usual" settings that have given me better than a days use on previous ROM's. Ahhh well, the price you pay for living on the edge.....

David
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Quote:
LOL! Thats right where it is.

On a side note, 8/28 23xxx is terrible on battery. I'm already on my second charge today and down to 82%. I'm still going to give it another day or so before I have a flashback to pre 8/25 CHT. I'm using all of my "usual" settings that have given me better than a days use on previous ROM's. Ahhh well, the price you pay for living on the edge.....

David

Really? I've had pretty good battery with it so far. Overclocked at 748..though I'm getting constant freezes- I hope it's not a sign that my processor is dying from the overclock...It'd freeze and people would call me but I wouldn't know cause well...it's frozen lol
Old 09-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeZony0u View Post
Really? I've had pretty good battery with it so far. Overclocked at 748..though I'm getting constant freezes- I hope it's not a sign that my processor is dying from the overclock...It'd freeze and people would call me but I wouldn't know cause well...it's frozen lol

May be because I've used it a bit more than normal today. I'm OC'd at 729.6 and doing well. Had several long phone calls with no SOD's, so thats good.

David
Old 09-01-2010, 12:08 PM
aliens50

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Ah man! Twitter crapped out on me a couple days ago. I'm getting the ""The account was forbidden to access the twitter server" message. Looks like it's because twitter changed to OAuth.

Does anyone know if the Aug 28th version fixes this problem? Running July 21st, and will switch if it does.

Damn! Looks like no resolution yet. NRG commented about it on twitter:
Quote:
NRGZ28
Please stop asking about fixes the twitter tab... HTC has to fix their code, I can't magically fix it. Sorry...

Last edited by aliens50; 09-01-2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Edit - found NRG's response
Old 09-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliens50 View Post
Ah man! Twitter crapped out on me a couple days ago. I'm getting the ""The account was forbidden to access the twitter server" message. Looks like it's because twitter changed to OAuth.

Does anyone know if the Aug 28th version fixes this problem? Running July 21st, and will switch if it does.
See my post one page back.

David
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Does anyone know what font is used in this ROM? I love it and need it in my life! TIA

Best... Member... Ever...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
OK, heres my take on installing multiple battery tweaks (and, its just my opinion so take it for what its worth).

Battery tweaks are good but, they present a compromise between functionality and time of use. Yes, you can turn off almost every service and eye candy and lots of other things to get more than a days use but then (IMHO) that defeats the whole purpose of going with a custom ROM.

I have found that the biggest draw on the battery is the radio. When I'm in good coverage areas, I get great - better than a day and a half - battery life. If I'm at work - a heavilly sheilded environment - I'm lucky if I get 12 hours. Although I quit my job 2 days ago to go to grad school.....

My "tweaks" are: Setting my backlight to 50 - 60%. Setting weather updates to every 3 hours, and using the bluetooth and wifi toggles to turn them off when not needed. Location Service, while I really like using it is a battery hog.

Any apps that run that use data are going to continue to try to get a data connection even when one isn't available and that will drain the battery quickly so I try to either stop data whenI can or when I know I'm going to be in a fringe area.

Different Cores also make a difference. The pre 8/25 23xx builds were great on battery life, giving me more than 24 hours regularly, but the most recent ones give a bit less.

To me, installing new tweaks and cabs is a PITA every time I flash. And, like Agent said, some of them "break" things like bluetooth.
Maybe if there was one all-inclusive cab I might be more inclined to do it but right now, changing just a couple settings is quick, easy and reliable for me.

Just some random pre-cup of coffee thoughts.

David
=D>
Well said my friend I use the same exact "tweaks" u do and have pretty good battery life (pre-8/25) never really tried any battery tweak cabs, I dont know why but I just dont trust them.
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development