PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 09:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

eazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23547/21895 |Mar 19| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapaz04 View Post
OMG... I LOVE YOU GUYS SOOOOOOO MUUUUCHCHHHCHCHHH!!!! THIS WORKED FOR MY WIFES TP2 on SPRINT!!!! YOU GUYS ROCK (But only cus of NRG... jejeje....)

For those wondering... MMS works after using these two posts on NRG's 23549 build for SPRINT CDMA PHONES!!!

EDIT 1: Tried to give credit... sorry guys, I dont know why multiquote did not work for me right there....

1.) Go to START - TOOLS - CARRIER PROVISIONING - CHOOSE SPRINT. RESTART
2.) Go to START - SETTINGS - CONNECTIONS - CONNECTIONS
A.) Select "Manage existing connections"
B.) Select "Edit" (left soft button)
C.) Select "Next" (right soft button). You will do this twice, once while selectiong a name for the connection and the other when it asks to enter the number (LEAVE EVERYTHING IN THESE TWO SCREENS ALONE!!!)
D.) Select "Username" and type in your number in this format XXXXXXXXXX, DO NOT ADD THE -
E.) Select "Finish" (right soft button) once this is done, if you have the chance or the opportunity presents itself, click on "Save Password" even though there is no password.

This was not the case for me...This is what I had to do...

3.) Have someone send an MMS to you, or send one to yourself... Once this occurs, you will receive the message to connect, there will be the username (your number) but nothing else... Choose to save password, and you are done. MMS works, DATA works, TETHERING works. ALL WORKS FOR CDMA SPRINT TOUCH PRO 2.
im sorry.. but what does this fix exactly? because if you open pooutlook, go to new, choose picture mail, add your pic, add your name and subject, then click on send, you will send pic mail. receiving works fine. all this is after you provision to sprint with no additional work. does your fix allow you to be in your pictures then choose the send picture mail option. if so then i will do it.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

apet8464 is keeping up the good workapet8464 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
Not to add to the confusion, but I just have 1 or 2 cents to throw in here....

+1. Constructive feedback for the sake of troubleshooting is welcome. Posting just to complain is unproductive - especially when the chef has already acknowledged that there are known issues with a release.

We all need to remember that a typical SW development process involves qualifying apps against an OS release, while in this community, we are qualifying a new OS release against a very wide range of legacy apps and reg mods. This methodology comes with the territory, but will almost always result in a wide range of user experiences.

Personally, I enjoy experimentation - especially since, as Boominsvx noted, salvation is just a flash away. I used to be a chronic PC tinkerer - a hobby my wife frowned upon because it had me sequestered in my office for hours on end. Thanks to NRG, I can now scratch my geek itch from just about anywhere!

Last edited by apet8464; 03-23-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:38 AM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Not to add to the confusion, but I just have 1 or 2 cents to throw in here. I'm using the 21895 version dated for the 19th, and I have absolutely no issues.

Is it possible that the 23547/9 builds had issues that your build did not?

Quote:
I always unplug the charger and pull the battery before the phone has a chance to set everything up using the files on the phone just in case it carries something over. People say this is not necessary, but if I heard that something can go bad for any reason and I have the power to fix it before it does, you bet your butt I'm keeping my conscience clean. (You get your oil changed every 3k or so, don't you?)
Are you advocating for washing you hands a few extra times and checking if you locked the door 3 times before you leave the house as well?

--- spoken in a playful ribbing tone... J

Quote:
If you have sashimi or UC set up, you may want to monitor the cabs you throw in. I still believe that some of these things can cause trouble. Reading back, I see less trouble on new roms back before the wave of everyone learning how to save a ton of stuff from their phones to carry over onto new roms. Obviously these aren't problematic programs. People use and love them every day.

I have been on the soapbox before about making sure you know what you are installing, reading the _SETUP.XML in cabs, don't just dump your registry and expect it to work on the next ROM, but i am not sure that all the ROM chefs are above making mistakes (no offence NRG).

I completely agree that if you experience issues, you should try running the ROM with no customization to see if the problems existed in the base, or were introduced through your customizations.

We do need to be appreciative and constructive, but part of understanding and limiting the investment you make in flashing ROMs is leveraging the collective experience of this community. If many are having problems, there might actually be something wrong with the ROM. Remember that we all live in different places, use different carriers, and interact with our phones in our own ways.

Quote:
Reading back, I see less trouble on new roms back before the wave of everyone learning how to save a ton of stuff from their phones to carry over onto new roms.
It almost sounds like you are upset that there has been a wave of learning and experimentation going on.

Just remember, the people exporting their entire registry today and crashing their phones are likely to be the ROM chefs of tomorrow.

In all seriousness, thank you for sharing your perspective. It is the collective perspectives of all of us that make this place great and keep it balanced.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

theratt11 is a n00b

I have several mp4 moves that worked great on the mar 16th rom but no longer work. the video will play but there is no audio and sometimes it causes my TP2 to reboot. all video's were encoded using the "HTC Touch HD Video Converter v1.21"

Last edited by theratt11; 03-23-2010 at 11:34 AM. Reason: added encoder
Old 03-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

i hope NRG keep making the LEO version of the rom becuz i dnt like the official sprint 6.5 that much!

HTC TouchPro2 > HTC Evo > Samsung Fascinate > HTC ThunderBolt
Old 03-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

theratt11 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknight8 View Post
i hope NRG keep making the LEO version of the rom becuz i dnt like the official sprint 6.5 that much!
do you have a link the the mar 16th rom? I may go back to it.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

supernoman is a n00b

Is there a debug log somewhere? I am running the March 17th Cookie edition and I'm still getting random wakes from sleep. It's been happening for many versions (plain, Max, and Cookie) now and it's not just this rom.
I'm not sure what's causing it. I don't have any additional programs installed. The two things I configure are weather updates and email. I pull gmail via activesync. Does anyone else have this random wake issue or know of a fix?
I can leave my phone at my desk and randomly it will wake from sleep.

Thanks.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:15 PM
ebb
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV 6875

ebb is becoming a great contributor

Reading through these posts since my last post, a couple of things are apparent:
-More issues with the 6.5.X rom than with the 6.5.
-Verizon users seem to be having more issues than those with sprint.
Is the real issue with 3/20 the vzw provisioning, along with perhaps a couple of bad drivers in the 23549 build? I reloaded 3/17 and did NOT run provisioning. Just *228, 1 and then the old verizon keyboard and verizon MMS 2.5 fixes from Mighty Mike, and its running perfectly.
My conclusion is that what we have is not worth arguing back and forth about. Different winmo builds with their associated drivers, and some provisioning issues between the carriers is what is causing the different results for different posters, not the usual program conflicts with cab installs. Looking forward to the next version. If I get a chance later I will reload 3/20 without provisioning, and see what happens. Hopefully something new will be out sooner.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium Touch Pro2

bsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Not to add to the confusion, but I just have 1 or 2 cents to throw in here ...
I think that not having email might affect ROM release performance.? My email has been the cause of a lot of the issues I've experienced with this last release and Boominsvx is 100% right in my case. All of my email problems are due to UC testing. But note that I say testing. I definitely have pulled my SD card and flashed each of the ROMs. Otherwise, how could you really do any testing if you didn't know what you were starting from. I don't think that this is the majority of the reason for the surge of issues recently though. It may actually have something to do with this release. Plus, I think most people who have been following the thread can tell when someone posts a "this ROM sucks because my battery died as soon as I turned my phone on!" complaint that they are fairly new to the ROM or else they wouldn't even post that.

I thought that changing the Page Pool did affect stability? If you are running a ROM with different settings intended by the chef then would it be less stable than was intended? I definitely do not know the answer, I'm just wanting to learn about page pool. So if someone does reply and says that it definitely will not affect stability, then I've learned something and may try it in the future.

I also don't think that people in general are asking NRG to be tech support. If I were a cook (someday soon - just watch) I would know the type of posts to ignore and the types that are worth noting for the future. He obviously is not going to please evryone and most likely is designing the ROMs for himself. All of the complaints can be skimmed through to see if something he added to a release might be causing an issue. A good example: (that Boominsvx has NEVER SEEN) is the SOD. NRG has said that he has had the SOD and has been actively trying to fix the issue (hence the switch to the USC drivers?)

+1 on the best ROMs ever
+1 on the gratitude
+1 on the test as you go

Wow, I always write a ton of S**T. Sorry. Shhhhh!! Don't wake Boominsvx up! Maybe he'll never notice my "bs" (arlo).

Last edited by bsarlo; 03-23-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

conkid is keeping up the good workconkid is keeping up the good workconkid is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post
first you have to lower the backlight to about 30% this is the one mod that saves the most battery life mine last about 2 days
Doubting This

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development