View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 12:27 PM
DatBoiDame
VIP Member

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
OK, heres my take on installing multiple battery tweaks (and, its just my opinion so take it for what its worth).

Battery tweaks are good but, they present a compromise between functionality and time of use. Yes, you can turn off almost every service and eye candy and lots of other things to get more than a days use but then (IMHO) that defeats the whole purpose of going with a custom ROM.

I have found that the biggest draw on the battery is the radio. When I'm in good coverage areas, I get great - better than a day and a half - battery life. If I'm at work - a heavilly sheilded environment - I'm lucky if I get 12 hours. Although I quit my job 2 days ago to go to grad school.....

My "tweaks" are: Setting my backlight to 50 - 60%. Setting weather updates to every 3 hours, and using the bluetooth and wifi toggles to turn them off when not needed. Location Service, while I really like using it is a battery hog.

Any apps that run that use data are going to continue to try to get a data connection even when one isn't available and that will drain the battery quickly so I try to either stop data whenI can or when I know I'm going to be in a fringe area.

Different Cores also make a difference. The pre 8/25 23xx builds were great on battery life, giving me more than 24 hours regularly, but the most recent ones give a bit less.

To me, installing new tweaks and cabs is a PITA every time I flash. And, like Agent said, some of them "break" things like bluetooth.
Maybe if there was one all-inclusive cab I might be more inclined to do it but right now, changing just a couple settings is quick, easy and reliable for me.

Just some random pre-cup of coffee thoughts.

David
=D>
Well said my friend I use the same exact "tweaks" u do and have pretty good battery life (pre-8/25) never really tried any battery tweak cabs, I dont know why but I just dont trust them.
This post has been thanked 4 times.