PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
when you go to command manager and click on "Change Phone settings". You can see settings for voice mail and text message. This is where you can input your text msg routing number. Instead of putting + then country code, I just used the local access code. I know it is stupid, but the fix was simple and right in front of my eyes.
Can you elaborate more? I see Text message service center : +1 514-xxx-xxxx
What do I do next?
Thanks

Last edited by bteljuice; 09-01-2010 at 01:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bigfoot123 is becoming a great contributor
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Just contacted HTC about the Twitter Peep problem. They responded with this.

Dear XXXXXXXXXX,

I understand the inquiry about the twitter application on the device. I would love to be able to provide a fix for the situation you are having. There is a hot fix made for the twitter application and it will be released with the next rom update for the device. I do not have a release date for the hot fix but I would advise to keep an eye on the pressroom at www.htc.com/us for further information.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Sincerely,

Robert

HTC
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfoot123 View Post

Dear XXXXXXXXXX,

I understand the inquiry about the twitter application on the device. I would love to be able to provide a fix for the situation you are having. There is a hot fix made for the twitter application and it will be released with the next rom update for the device. I do not have a release date for the hot fix but I would advise to keep an eye on the pressroom at www.htc.com/us for further information.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Sincerely,

Robert

HTC
Thank you for the update
Old 09-01-2010, 01:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:

Dear XXXXXXXXXX,

Sincerely,

Robert

HTC
Thanks and Thanked for passin the info along
Old 09-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
possible noob Q: "You can see settings for voice mail and text message"
All I actually see is: "CDMA settings", then next line "Voicemail:" on no screen do I see text message?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
Can you elaborate more? I see Text message service center : +1 514-xxx-xxxx
What do I do next?
Thanks
Ok. So this is what I have noticed these past couple of weeks messing with all these settings. Our CDMA phones are meant mainly to be used in the US. so most of us never have to do anything to these settings as they are pushed to us once our phones are setup initially. Since i'm in Europe now, i've been using the local sim cards on this phone. Voice should work right away cuz the phone will recognize that you're no longer in US and there's a sim card freshly inserted. The phone would prompt you to start in global mode. But you can always change that to GSM only if you wish. I haven't noticed any differences between GSM only and Global. And those phone settings are actually found in two places that somewhat refer to each other but in some instances they don't. When you go to Command Manager, I'm sure you guys can see the Phone button just above bluetooth. If you click on the change phone settings, it will lead you to Phone settings. But if you click the right bottom softkey under comm. manager ,"settings", and select phone, that brings up another list of phone settings. The second one is the same as if you were to access the settings from the dialpad. The place to change or input text msg routing number is under the first Phone settings. It is at the top of the list once you're in. When you're in the second phone settings, you can see CDMA as well as GSM. But only one will show at one time. So for me, I CDMA is grayed out right now and I can only access GSM settings. From here, you can see all your system settings from the provider and change them.
To answer teradog: the reason you don't see it is because you're in the second phone setting as described above. Since you're still in the US, you should only see CDMA settings and GSM settings grayed out. Follow the first phone setting, you should be able to see the text msg center setting.
To answer bteljuice: You can change the service center number if you wish once you're there. And you can see that it's + 1 514 xxx xxxx for you. And the correct setting should always start with + then country code. for example, US' country code is 1 so it's +1 then zip code then phone number. And the same follows for europe, for example, UK is 44 so it should be +44 (zip)+(phone number).

Hopefully this makes sense to you. I am not even sure if I am making sense at this point.

Last edited by tkedch; 09-01-2010 at 02:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:55 PM
I think I tore my sack.
Pocket PC: Droid X, Root, Deodexed, Tranquility 3.0
Carrier: VZW

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP

Quote:

Dear XXXXXXXXXX,

Sincerely,

Robert

HTC
Thank you HTC/Twitter for forcing me to explore other twitter options. Hello motweets! I like it much more than HTC twitter tab, I may not go back.

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

Agentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuff

Still loving the new ROM! Haven't had it plugged in since Monday and still at 60%
Old 09-01-2010, 02:26 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
Ok. So this is what I have noticed these past couple of weeks messing with all these settings. Our CDMA phones are meant mainly to be used in the US. so most of us never have to do anything to these settings as they are pushed to us once our phones are setup initially. Since i'm in Europe now,...

To answer teradog: the reason you don't see it is because you're in the second phone setting as described above. Since you're still in the US, you should only see CDMA settings and GSM settings grayed out. Follow the first phone setting, you should be able to see the text msg center setting.

Hopefully this makes sense to you. I am not even sure if I am making sense at this point.
Mystery solved!
A LONG time ago I removed the stock world card SIM's that came with my TP2's. Can't remember exactly, but think it had to do with running Android & conflicts.... (probably the reason for the "force CDMA checkbox on the 'new' roid app.. lol!) :>)) like daa..

None of your suggestions worked so I put it back in & wala... I got a different menu this time for "phone settings", yes with text settings & much more... which I would have got when inserting a country specific SIM. So, cool thanks. Of course not stopping there.... I went back & switched the phone to CDMA only mode (it auto switched to global when I inserted the SIM) & still got the Global/GSM menus. :>))

Last edited by teradog; 09-01-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:28 PM
aliens50

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:

Dear XXXXXXXXXX,

Sincerely,

Robert

HTC
Thanks - appreciate the update. Next rom update, really? So all carriers will be releasing another rom or update? Or will HTC be releasing a patch? Waiting to see how far they go to fix this, but it is a pretty big issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewahlrus View Post
Thank you HTC/Twitter for forcing me to explore other twitter options. Hello motweets! I like it much more than HTC twitter tab, I may not go back.
Thanks for that info, downloading it now.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Mystery solved!
A LONG time ago I removed the stock world card SIM's that came with my TP2's. Can't remember exactly, but think it had to do with running Android & conflicts.... (probably the reason for the "force CDMA checkbox on the 'new' roid app.. lol!) :>)) like daa..

None of your suggestions worked so I put it back in & wala... I got a different menu this time for "phone settings", yes with text settings & much more... which I would have got when inserting a country specific SIM. So, cool thanks. Of course not stopping there.... I went back & switched the phone to CDMA only mode (it auto switched to global when I inserted the SIM) & still got the Global/GSM menus. :>))
yeah, it is a known conflict issue with a sim card inserted in TP2 while trying to run android dual boot. Glad I can help with the little I know. And I never suspected it would work this well, but it literally is plug in the sim card and off you go. but in my case, I should have just follow the correct convention in the first place. Anyway, while searching around for answer, I came around the new HTC msg server, which surprisingly works well. So I will share with whoever that wants to give it a try.
Attached Files
File Type: cab _HTC Touch Pro2_RHO_S2_00896.cab (3.81 MB, 126 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development