PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 25| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I've noticed one consistent issue with syncing a gmail account and it is not ROM related.
If I try to sync "tasks", I will get an error indicating that the sync failed. I can sync contacts, calendar and gmail fine, but it seems like every time I choose to sync tasks in the setup it will fail. So, I don't sync my tasks and everything works.

David
I have never been able to Sync Tasks right through exchange. (Gmail uses it) I have an exchange server at home and I must sync the tasks to the desktop, all other services use Exchange. I actually use wifi and have it set to Sync every night at 4 am. Works great, every now and then I have to connect to the desktop at home for the tasks. I sync to two machines (Work laptop, win 7 Office 2007 and Home Desktop win xp and Office 2003) and it works pretty well most of the time.

I use Goodsync for file synchronization between the three and that works great. I have GS also set to sync a folder from my favorites on the desktops to the windows favorites folder on the device so all my favorites get updates, no matter what machine I use. If anyone wants more detail on this, letme know, I've said 'nuff.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 25| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staticworth View Post
So ive been through about 35 pages and im tired of reading, i know it was asked a billion times. MMS working yet? or no
Welcome First Post.

Yes it works, it just may take different adjustments depending on what you are using. I am on Verizon, I have to do Carrier Provisioning on the ROM, but then it works. You'll also need to send your MMS from certain screens, as not all screens that have MMS options work quite the way they were meant to. Example is when looking at the album, you can send a message via mail, message or facebook. You must choose mail, and then select MMS at the bottom. Via Message does not use MMS.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dold View Post
I know this isn't the place to have this discussion, but since I've seen so many complains about this (Problems with downloads, host, etc..) I would suggest trying a program I use, its called jdownloader. After install I just copy the link and the program detects it, I click continue and thats it... REALLY... It takes care of different hosting sites, captcha, waiting times, CRC verification, multiple downloads, reconnection, decompression, etc... So I just copy the 2 or 3 roms links I like to try, click continue, and come back an hour later...

Google it. Its freeware and worth a try.

Just my 2 cents...
AHHHH So you're the one who encourgages the CAPTCHAs to get harder and harder. Some of them are ridiculous.

:P
Old 08-25-2010, 06:01 PM
sly
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

sly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I've noticed one consistent issue with syncing a gmail account and it is not ROM related.
If I try to sync "tasks", I will get an error indicating that the sync failed. I can sync contacts, calendar and gmail fine, but it seems like every time I choose to sync tasks in the setup it will fail. So, I don't sync my tasks and everything works.

David
This Google link says Tasks is not supported. I'm sure there's a technical reason but it seems odd. http://www.google.com/support/mobile...&answer=138636

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
where are the ringtones located on this ROM? id like to save the super mario ones to my pc. i believe they are 13_in and 13_out if anyone can post them on here that would be great too
In the \Windows folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
I have never been able to Sync Tasks right through exchange. (Gmail uses it) I have an exchange server at home and I must sync the tasks to the desktop, all other services use Exchange. I actually use wifi and have it set to Sync every night at 4 am. Works great, every now and then I have to connect to the desktop at home for the tasks. I sync to two machines (Work laptop, win 7 Office 2007 and Home Desktop win xp and Office 2003) and it works pretty well most of the time.
Exchange 2010 on a single server by any chance? I'm dying to get my feet wet and find the time to do my install.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

head honch is becoming a great contributor

just repeated the same thing i did this morning and it worked just fine idk wat happened w/ the previous download....flashing as i type
Old 08-25-2010, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

head honch is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dold View Post
I know this isn't the place to have this discussion, but since I've seen so many complains about this (Problems with downloads, host, etc..) I would suggest trying a program I use, its called jdownloader. After install I just copy the link and the program detects it, I click continue and thats it... REALLY... It takes care of different hosting sites, captcha, waiting times, CRC verification, multiple downloads, reconnection, decompression, etc... So I just copy the 2 or 3 roms links I like to try, click continue, and come back an hour later...

Google it. Its freeware and worth a try.

Just my 2 cents...
i have that for Firefox its called skip screen, but i'll try that one out and see how it works thanks for the advice
Old 08-25-2010, 06:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
When it's a Ferrari, MPG is the LEAST of one's concerns.
U win, I cant even argue with that LOL
Old 08-25-2010, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

verkion is becoming a great contributor

Small gripe...is there a build version (I thought the 23XXX builds had it), that have "group/sort by conversation" in the inbox/email?

Thanks so much for this awesome rom! combined with a little OC'ing, its like a whole new phone!

verkion
Old 08-25-2010, 07:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

gogent is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by verkion View Post

Thanks so much for this awesome rom! combined with a little OC'ing, its like a whole new phone!

verkion

In term of percentage. how much of a performance increase do you see?
Old 08-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:

I use Goodsync for file synchronization between the three and that works great. I have GS also set to sync a folder from my favorites on the desktops to the windows favorites folder on the device so all my favorites get updates, no matter what machine I use. If anyone wants more detail on this, letme know, I've said 'nuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
This Google link says Tasks is not supported. I'm sure there's a technical reason but it seems odd. http://www.google.com/support/mobile...&answer=138636

In the \Windows folder.

Exchange 2010 on a single server by any chance? I'm dying to get my feet wet and find the time to do my install.
Correct. Thats why I think most people have difficulty sysncing with gmail because "tasks" is selected by default when you set up activesync on your phone.

I had a home server but it was too much of a problem for me to mess with. I use Windows Live Sync to keep all my documents and such synced across all four of my machines (desktop, laptop, tablet PC, and UMPC) Works great for me and I use google calandar sync to keep my outlook in sync with google calendar and the built in calendar on my HP Touchsmart. LOL...the only computer that I have that is not a touchscreen is my Laptop.

David
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development