PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 11:56 PM
mp1
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

mp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23547/21895 |Mar 19| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal33 View Post
convert it to what? im a radio noob.

I have a sprint phone so i think i should be fine with this update right?
Yeah, you are fine with the one you mentioned (2.32.00WF). Olipro will make a WU version which will allow you to use it if you want to be able to switch back and forth from CDMA to GSM.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by apaquette0069 View Post
I love this rom and in fact it is the only rom i flash! The only problem i have with the latest is my batter only last 5 to 7 hours on a full charge, and the big problem is i have everything shut off, locating, agps, any type of automatic downloads, all that stuff and it sites there with the screen off and it dies very quick!! anyone else having issues like this?? Thanks

edit - a lil info, im on the "Energy.RHODCDMA.23549.Sense2.5.Mar.20.7z" and have only installed some manila mods, and shut down a couple un-used services, i am going to hard reset and test the cabs i installed to see if i can rule one of them out!

first you have to lower the backlight to about 30% this is the one mod that saves the most battery life mine last about 2 days
Old 03-23-2010, 12:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D/EvoShift/Arrive(Gold_C)/A100/A500/GALAXY10.1

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

OMG... I LOVE YOU GUYS SOOOOOOO MUUUUCHCHHHCHCHHH!!!! THIS WORKED FOR MY WIFES TP2 on SPRINT!!!! YOU GUYS ROCK (But only cus of NRG... jejeje....)

For those wondering... MMS works after using these two posts on NRG's 23549 build for SPRINT CDMA PHONES!!!

EDIT 1: Tried to give credit... sorry guys, I dont know why multiquote did not work for me right there....

1.) Go to START - TOOLS - CARRIER PROVISIONING - CHOOSE SPRINT. RESTART
2.) Go to START - SETTINGS - CONNECTIONS - CONNECTIONS
A.) Select "Manage existing connections"
B.) Select "Edit" (left soft button)
C.) Select "Next" (right soft button). You will do this twice, once while selectiong a name for the connection and the other when it asks to enter the number (LEAVE EVERYTHING IN THESE TWO SCREENS ALONE!!!)
D.) Select "Username" and type in your number in this format XXXXXXXXXX, DO NOT ADD THE -
E.) Select "Finish" (right soft button) once this is done, if you have the chance or the opportunity presents itself, click on "Save Password" even though there is no password.

This was not the case for me...This is what I had to do...

3.) Have someone send an MMS to you, or send one to yourself... Once this occurs, you will receive the message to connect, there will be the username (your number) but nothing else... Choose to save password, and you are done. MMS works, DATA works, TETHERING works. ALL WORKS FOR CDMA SPRINT TOUCH PRO 2.

Last edited by mapaz04; 03-23-2010 at 01:10 AM. Reason: NO QUOTES!!! WHAT???
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:17 AM
mp1
PPCGeeks Regular

mp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeofppc View Post
-or-
**OP Deleted GSM Liinks**

I could be mistaken, but those appear to be using the same labeling NRGZ uses for his line on GSM ROMs. Are you sure these are CDMA?

Last edited by mp1; 03-23-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Not to add to the confusion, but I just have 1 or 2 cents to throw in here. I'm using the 21895 version dated for the 19th, and I have absolutely no issues. I unplugged at 8:30AM today and used the phone quite a bit this morning/afternoon. It's now 1:30AM here, and my battery is at 75%. Took a day or two but my battery got back on track. I have no service disabling cabs running, but no e-mail accounts set up either. My backlight is set to auto. I just use the weather, texting and occasional internet. No sleep of death, and no delayed reactions. On a side not, I did bump up the page pool on the rom, but this shouldn't effect much in terms of stability.
My radio is the new sprint 2.32 which I got flashing the full sprint rom. (I try to flash back to stock any chance I get) Also, I never install a rom without hard reset before first boot gets past the "Touch Pro 2" screen. I always unplug the charger and pull the battery before the phone has a chance to set everything up using the files on the phone just in case it carries something over. People say this is not necessary, but if I heard that something can go bad for any reason and I have the power to fix it before it does, you bet your butt I'm keeping my conscience clean. (You get your oil changed every 3k or so, don't you?)
If you have sashimi or UC set up, you may want to monitor the cabs you throw in. I still believe that some of these things can cause trouble. Reading back, I see less trouble on new roms back before the wave of everyone learning how to save a ton of stuff from their phones to carry over onto new roms. Obviously these aren't problematic programs. People use and love them every day. I'm just not one of them. Energy makes tons of roms these days. Surely he can't be tech support for all, but if people do a little more testing with all these uncertainties and a little less publicizing about how its broken or doesn't work right, we would probably have more answers instead of "I plugged it in and hit the button. Everything set itself up automatically and I did nothing, but it's junk. I don't want to troubleshoot it, so everyone should stay away too". I love energy roms. Used em since my first flash on the TP2. Some of the most common problems throughout this entire thread... I have NEVER SEEN. This is over a good 10 or 15 roms now.
Conclusion of this long a$$ post: Most everyone with a windows phone seem to be the type of person capable of "fixing it even if it's not broken". Has this changed? The man is horribly smart and amazingly self motivated. Certainly his plate is more than full without telling him to "fix it". If not paypal, at least some gratitude of compassion should be rewarded in helping him troubleshoot. I believe those that use this rom should test as they go. Install the vital components and use it for a day to see what happens. Not an hour to watch an uncalibrated battery meter drop 20% and post here saying it kills your battery in 4 hours. See what you get for problems. After that day, install the rest of your stuff. You'll only go a day without it, but this would show a lot more as to the reliability of new releases. Some of these problems being posted are causing more paranoia and discomfort than anything.
If this isn't your style and you just want it to work, then by all means step back to the roms you used with your personal configurations and cabs in the past, but for those trying new, don't be scared. A fix is a flash away, and most problems with this rom have been answered in previous posts. The "Search this thread" button on the upper part of the page is a great place to start if you have issues. Sorry guys, I'm just tired and I think I'll go to sleep on this soap box now... constructively of course.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

pumbabuge is a n00b

i cant us my keyboard in landscape mode,I M<mms
Old 03-23-2010, 02:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D/EvoShift/Arrive(Gold_C)/A100/A500/GALAXY10.1

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

+1 on that!!!

Thats why, everytime I flash, I try to make a list of the fixes so no one is bugging NRG for this type of stuff.

NRGZ28... I LOVE YOUR ROMS MAN!!! YOU ROCK!

EVERYTHING CAN BE FOUND ON THE PREVIOUS THREADS.

EDIT 1: I love Energy roms... I have thesame build 23549 on both my Touch Pro and my wifes Touch Pro 2, both CDMA, both Sprint, both roms FAST AS H3LL!!! BOTH ROMS 100% (FOR US), BOTH ROMS FROM NRGZ28!!!

Last edited by mapaz04; 03-23-2010 at 02:43 AM. Reason: EXPRESSING THE LOVE...
Old 03-23-2010, 02:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TITAN, RHODIUM
Carrier: VZW, Sprint

princeofppc is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp1 View Post
I could be mistaken, but those appear to be using the same labeling NRGZ uses for his line on GSM ROMs. Are you sure these are CDMA?

maybe, i did not see the content closely, someone else had posted these links in xda, i just copied it from that forum
Old 03-23-2010, 03:12 AM
mp1
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeofppc View Post
maybe, i did not see the content closely, someone else had posted these links in xda, i just copied it from that forum
XDA is nearly completely GSM. You should probably edit your post so no one runs into issues.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pro2
Carrier: sprint

union122 is a n00b

hey guys, what is that new theme for text messages, ?? in the march 19 build.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development