PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 08:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Tipharet is keeping up the good workTipharet is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Tipharet
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
That is exactly what I am saying. I was complaining about the fact that no one understands what you are saying, actually. That was the point of my post. And no, there are no remedies, except people telling you you need to flash your radio (hint: that's not the problem and they have reading difficulties). But I think this 7-18 MR6 may have gotten closer to what I had on the stock Sprint rom with Telus 1.04 radio.
Hostile and/or bit bitter much? Again I did not understand what he said by the way he worded his question at first. When I say this thread I mean post in regards to MR6, no other release.

My question is, what are you using to benchmark this. You tout this as fact but I see no information to back any of it. If you think there is a issue with signal do some testing and report back in the thread. Just don't complain about it. Lets see some debug information posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
I have to laugh.

And the cycle continues. But here's the thing - if these new roms were really waaaaaay faster than the last release, these phones would blow away anything on the market for performance and rival a desktop computer, if you read into some of the hyperbole posted. The answer is related to what I quoted - the user is comparing a freshly flashed rom to one that they've been running for weeks or more. All but the WORST of roms will feel faster than what you had. This is Windows, people. It would feel faster if you simply hard reset. I'm not saying roms don't improve - of course they do. But the extent to which they are reported to improve is exaggerated.
You realize you do not have to participate in flashing you phone or updating as new versions are released right? Also there is no way that a ppc would ever rival the performance and usability of a desktop computer.

You complain about exaggeration but have no issue doing so in your post above. The "anything on the market" and "desktop computer" really was ridiculous thing to say.

Last edited by Tipharet; 07-20-2009 at 08:20 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipharet View Post
Hostile and/or bit bitter much? Again I did not understand what he said by the way he worded his question at first. When I say this thread I mean post in regards to MR6, no other release.

My question is, what are you using to benchmark this. You tout this as fact but I see no information to back any of it. If you think there is a issue with signal do some testing and report back in the thread. Just don't complain about it. Lets see some debug information posted!

You realize you do not have to participate in flashing you phone or updating as new versions are released right? Also there is no way that a ppc would ever rival the performance and usability of a desktop computer.

You complain about exaggeration but have no issue doing so in your post above. The "anything on the market" and "desktop computer" really was ridiculous thing to say.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 07-20-2009, 08:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT (UNLOCKED)

RIS28 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to RIS28 Send a message via Yahoo to RIS28
Exclamation Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro254750 View Post
radio's are flashed seperately from roms. If all you did was unlock and flash mighty 6, then you are still using your stock rom. There is a thread with 11 radios available to flash. They are flashable without a hard reset. The best method is to try each one out for a couple days and see which one works the best in your area.
i have seen the RADIO Thread, suld i try all to get best, when i dial the CC `of local RELIANCE cdma network (india), i connect w/o any problem right from the unlocked condition but with roaming sign, now the default roaming sign is gone, a target sigh (a plus on round) is new item, above dailer,
WILL SOMEONE TELL ME THAT AFTER HAR-SPL AND NEW ROM FLASH, THE SET REAMINS UNLOCKED IF THE NEW RADIO IS NOT FLASHED""????
Old 07-20-2009, 08:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIS28 View Post
i have seen the RADIO Thread, suld i try all to get best, when i dial the CC `of local RELIANCE cdma network (india), i connect w/o any problem right from the unlocked condition but with roaming sign, now the default roaming sign is gone, a target sigh (a plus on round) is new item, above dailer,
WILL SOMEONE TELL ME THAT AFTER HAR-SPL AND NEW ROM FLASH, THE SET REAMINS UNLOCKED IF THE NEW RADIO IS NOT FLASHED""????
hey man. easy on the yellow and "no all caps". hurts our eyes. haha

roms do not contains radios..at least not cooked roms. if youve unlocked and flashed, you are good. if you want to try another radio, go to the radio thread and try one.

i hope that helps.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:54 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tok View Post
You are not alone with this issue. For me, with the 07/18 rom, it seems that with every soft reset some system file gets corrupted, and eventually my phone would get stuck at the initial splash screen as well. I reverted back to the original (first version) MightyRom6, and everything is back to perfect again. I just don't understand, why are we the only ones with this issue? I tried hard resetting and installing the 07/18 rom three times already, and every single time my phone would end corrupting/losing files within minutes of using the rom. Switching back to previous rom fixes everything
have you installed a new youtube? Or resco file explorer? My wifes diamond did the same thing, so now im trying to hunt down the problem, it seems its a program that we have both installed that causes this. Im assuming its one of them cause after we installed those her phone froze also.... Ill play later to find the problem and keep posted.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I don't have any info at the moment. I DID do radio testing back when I was on the stock Sprint rom but I haven't done anything systematic since then. I do know that once I flashed to MR5 and I noticed something was up with my signal strength I reflashed to every radio I had tried before and noted that Telus 1.04 was still the best, but worse than when I had the stock rom. Unfortunately testing this is going to be a pretty major pain. I do take solace in knowing that I am not the only one to report this.

Quote:
You realize you do not have to participate in flashing you phone or updating as new versions are released right?
I already conceded that roms do usually improve upon a new revision. If I didn't think they improved at all I wouldn't bother flashing.

Quote:
Also there is no way that a ppc would ever rival the performance and usability of a desktop computer.
Exactly! See below.

Quote:
You misunderstand. I never claimed the phone was or should be comparable in performance to "anything on the market" or a "desktop computer." What I did say was if you read into the hyperbole posted about each new rom revision (any maker's rom, not just MM), you'd swear these things ran at 3GHz. Each revision, on the average, is a very subtle improvement (with a few outliers) yet many report staggering speed-ups. If you did a qualitative analysis on the replies for each new rom, and multiplied it by the number of rom revisions, I am arguing you'd end up with the expectation that the phone would literally almost deliver desktop performance. Therefore, each rom revision can't possibly have sped up the phone by the qualitative amount reported. My post was an explanation to why I think those posts happen.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steb0ne is becoming a great contributor

Anyone got a fix to make the "Notes" app work? Mine won't load.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vintercept™
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
So, Sadly I had to flash back to MR5 ( not too sad since MR5 rocks). Anyways, Ive been running it since release 18th and its been great other than the Minor Pause/freeze every know and then, then all the sudden today, when changing the battery, it hung at every screen for like a minuete till finally freezing completely at the orange wondows screen (startup). I tried over and over to soft reset and i would eventually hang at the Mighty Rom Image at startup. I then flashed back to MR5 and It now works fine. I did notice at first though that when I flashed to Mr5 it started up fast, then when I loaded my 60+ cabs it starts up alot slower, but Now that leads me to think

1. Does it take longer to boot with alot of stuff installed?
2. Does this sound like a Rom Problem/bad flash/or phone crapping?
3. Can you flash too much?
4.Yes I clear storage/hard reset everytime after flashing and Ive been flashing for Months here and there.
5.I have 2 spare batteries and a craddle charger that charges a spare at all time so I never have to hook my phone up to a charger due to the extreme heat that the pro give (dont wanna nother bunk keyboard), but on that note I obviously have to replace the battery 2 times a day (im a heavy user. lol) and can that cause that.

all in all its working good now, just hope it was a wierd thing and not the phone and the hard reset/flash back isnt just bandaging it for a few only for it to come back.....

I loved MR6, ill try again in a few days to test My problem and see if it happens again......
Quote:
Originally Posted by tok View Post
You are not alone with this issue. For me, with the 07/18 rom, it seems that with every soft reset some system file gets corrupted, and eventually my phone would get stuck at the initial splash screen as well. I reverted back to the original (first version) MightyRom6, and everything is back to perfect again. I just don't understand, why are we the only ones with this issue? I tried hard resetting and installing the 07/18 rom three times already, and every single time my phone would end corrupting/losing files within minutes of using the rom. Switching back to previous rom fixes everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
Perfect timing for me, mr6 just froze on restart for me. I think sktools did it but not sure. Great work mighty!
This has happened to me in old roms I have used and it really sux when you are not home to fix it. Now this has happened twice for me with MR6 (first with MR6 7.7.09 & now MR6 7.16.09) so Ill try MR6 7.18.09 and see if it works. I dont really think it is the rom but programs or radio that dont agree with the rom that makes this happen. Try installing only programs you need for the first few days and then install one at a time (if it happens again you might be able to figure it out). Either way it has been months since this first happened to me so flashing an older rom should fix it.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just want to say, love the rom.

but wanted to know if you could make the x (to x out of programs) bigger on the title bar, it seems REALLY small for some reason.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:47 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
This has happened to me in old roms I have used and it really sux when you are not home to fix it. Now this has happened twice for me with MR6 (first with MR6 7.7.09 & now MR6 7.16.09) so Ill try MR6 7.18.09 and see if it works. I dont really think it is the rom but programs or radio that dont agree with the rom that makes this happen. Try installing only programs you need for the first few days and then install one at a time (if it happens again you might be able to figure it out). Either way it has been months since this first happened to me so flashing an older rom should fix it.
im almost certain its gotta be ssome programs weve installed, regardless I am on MR5 with none of these issues and I have everything unstalled I had on Mr6. ive also ran the same cabs on MR5 for atleast 2 months. Anyways, Is there a MR5 for the diamond, I would like to see if my wifes diamond will work better with that then MR6.....I searched but no avail, No MR5 for diamonds?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development