PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 11:44 PM
tok
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
So, Sadly I had to flash back to MR5 ( not too sad since MR5 rocks). Anyways, Ive been running it since release 18th and its been great other than the Minor Pause/freeze every know and then, then all the sudden today, when changing the battery, it hung at every screen for like a minuete till finally freezing completely at the orange wondows screen (startup). I tried over and over to soft reset and i would eventually hang at the Mighty Rom Image at startup. I then flashed back to MR5 and It now works fine. I did notice at first though that when I flashed to Mr5 it started up fast, then when I loaded my 60+ cabs it starts up alot slower, but Now that leads me to think

1. Does it take longer to boot with alot of stuff installed?
2. Does this sound like a Rom Problem/bad flash/or phone crapping?
3. Can you flash too much?
4.Yes I clear storage/hard reset everytime after flashing and Ive been flashing for Months here and there.
5.I have 2 spare batteries and a craddle charger that charges a spare at all time so I never have to hook my phone up to a charger due to the extreme heat that the pro give (dont wanna nother bunk keyboard), but on that note I obviously have to replace the battery 2 times a day (im a heavy user. lol) and can that cause that.

all in all its working good now, just hope it was a wierd thing and not the phone and the hard reset/flash back isnt just bandaging it for a few only for it to come back.....

I loved MR6, ill try again in a few days to test My problem and see if it happens again......
You are not alone with this issue. For me, with the 07/18 rom, it seems that with every soft reset some system file gets corrupted, and eventually my phone would get stuck at the initial splash screen as well. I reverted back to the original (first version) MightyRom6, and everything is back to perfect again. I just don't understand, why are we the only ones with this issue? I tried hard resetting and installing the 07/18 rom three times already, and every single time my phone would end corrupting/losing files within minutes of using the rom. Switching back to previous rom fixes everything
Old 07-20-2009, 12:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Terencec is keeping up the good workTerencec is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaas2 View Post
no, it works fine. make sure opera 6 file is in windows/opera folder.
Thanks but I have all my opera files in the correct location. But I do not have the Opera6.txt file its looking to open anywhere on my phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro
Carrier: Who

kingsjack is a n00b

MightyROM6_07.18.09, use in china,i feel great.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:19 AM
VIP Member

retrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjack View Post
MightyROM6_07.18.09, use in china,i feel great.
Best. Post. Ever.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Cochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Cochoz Send a message via MSN to Cochoz Send a message via Yahoo to Cochoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
same here man but i am running the newest vzw radio

get a new phone before your keyboard doesnt work at all

umm its already above 8000? so idk what your talking about
He meant how many thx total not rep wise.

On another note:

hehaixiang Says:
July 18th, 2009 at 4:11 am MightyMike:非常感谢你的ROMS,我在中国,这里有很多你的粉丝,都喜欢你的ROMS,期待你有更好的 作品。
另在中国你的ROM耗电总是较快,是否有更好的办法给予解决。再次对于你的付出表示感谢。
MightyMike: Thanks your ROMS, I in China, here have am many you the bean or sweet potato starch noodles, likes your ROMS, anticipated that you have a better work. your ROM consumes the electricity in China to be always quick in addition, whether to have better means to give the solution. Pays once more regarding you expresses thanks.

MR6 is officially going International lol

On another/another note: Does highlighting work with this ROM? i've tried it several times and in the text section it highlights the whole text not just the part I wish to.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro and diamond

har226 is becoming a great contributor

I have not been having any luck with this rom.... as soon as i sync it it freezes then i have to soft reset but it does a hard reset. or it will just restart and do a hard reset. i dontknow what is happening this is the first bad mighty rom I have used..... going back to the previous release but i didnt really like that one as well.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro and diamond

har226 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochoz View Post
He meant how many thx total not rep wise.

On another note:

hehaixiang Says:
July 18th, 2009 at 4:11 am MightyMike:非常感谢你的ROMS,我在中国,这里有很多你的粉丝,都喜欢你的ROMS,期待你有更好的 作品。
另在中国你的ROM耗电总是较快,是否有更好的办法给予解决。再次对于你的付出表示感谢。
MightyMike: Thanks your ROMS, I in China, here have am many you the bean or sweet potato starch noodles, likes your ROMS, anticipated that you have a better work. your ROM consumes the electricity in China to be always quick in addition, whether to have better means to give the solution. Pays once more regarding you expresses thanks.

MR6 is officially going International lol

On another/another note: Does highlighting work with this ROM? i've tried it several times and in the text section it highlights the whole text not just the part I wish to.
To highlight you have to tap and hold the screen then select mark selection and now you can highlight whatever you want
Old 07-20-2009, 01:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

rezurrectah is a n00b

Picturemail isnt working for me either. Where can I get this arcsoft that you guys are talking about?
Old 07-20-2009, 01:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff

Ive had something weird happen a few times thus far, and was wondering if anyone else has experienced the following.

1. First of all, when trying to install Opera Mini 4.2 found at the following link : (click here) on XDA developers, I got the:
"insufficient permissions" message for the first time ever using that particular Opera Mini cab.

2. Sometimes when I soft reset, the ONLY icon I see on my start menu is the Today Icon.
None of my installed programs, system icons (such as settings, file explorer, phone, contacts, etc.), or any other icons show up.
I have to soft reset a couple of times usually in order for them to reappear.

Weird.

Anyone else experienced this on the 7/18 ROM?
Old 07-20-2009, 02:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezurrectah View Post
Picturemail isnt working for me either. Where can I get this arcsoft that you guys are talking about?
here you go. latest and greatest. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74326
if you installed sprint picturemail, then make sure you remove it first and use the remover cab in the FAQ's on page 1 of this thread.

Last edited by razorloves; 07-20-2009 at 02:16 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development