View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 11:44 PM
tok
PPCGeeks Regular

tok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
So, Sadly I had to flash back to MR5 ( not too sad since MR5 rocks). Anyways, Ive been running it since release 18th and its been great other than the Minor Pause/freeze every know and then, then all the sudden today, when changing the battery, it hung at every screen for like a minuete till finally freezing completely at the orange wondows screen (startup). I tried over and over to soft reset and i would eventually hang at the Mighty Rom Image at startup. I then flashed back to MR5 and It now works fine. I did notice at first though that when I flashed to Mr5 it started up fast, then when I loaded my 60+ cabs it starts up alot slower, but Now that leads me to think

1. Does it take longer to boot with alot of stuff installed?
2. Does this sound like a Rom Problem/bad flash/or phone crapping?
3. Can you flash too much?
4.Yes I clear storage/hard reset everytime after flashing and Ive been flashing for Months here and there.
5.I have 2 spare batteries and a craddle charger that charges a spare at all time so I never have to hook my phone up to a charger due to the extreme heat that the pro give (dont wanna nother bunk keyboard), but on that note I obviously have to replace the battery 2 times a day (im a heavy user. lol) and can that cause that.

all in all its working good now, just hope it was a wierd thing and not the phone and the hard reset/flash back isnt just bandaging it for a few only for it to come back.....

I loved MR6, ill try again in a few days to test My problem and see if it happens again......
You are not alone with this issue. For me, with the 07/18 rom, it seems that with every soft reset some system file gets corrupted, and eventually my phone would get stuck at the initial splash screen as well. I reverted back to the original (first version) MightyRom6, and everything is back to perfect again. I just don't understand, why are we the only ones with this issue? I tried hard resetting and installing the 07/18 rom three times already, and every single time my phone would end corrupting/losing files within minutes of using the rom. Switching back to previous rom fixes everything