PPCGeeks Regular

Tipharet is keeping up the good workTipharet is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Tipharet
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
That is exactly what I am saying. I was complaining about the fact that no one understands what you are saying, actually. That was the point of my post. And no, there are no remedies, except people telling you you need to flash your radio (hint: that's not the problem and they have reading difficulties). But I think this 7-18 MR6 may have gotten closer to what I had on the stock Sprint rom with Telus 1.04 radio.
Hostile and/or bit bitter much? Again I did not understand what he said by the way he worded his question at first. When I say this thread I mean post in regards to MR6, no other release.

My question is, what are you using to benchmark this. You tout this as fact but I see no information to back any of it. If you think there is a issue with signal do some testing and report back in the thread. Just don't complain about it. Lets see some debug information posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
I have to laugh.

And the cycle continues. But here's the thing - if these new roms were really waaaaaay faster than the last release, these phones would blow away anything on the market for performance and rival a desktop computer, if you read into some of the hyperbole posted. The answer is related to what I quoted - the user is comparing a freshly flashed rom to one that they've been running for weeks or more. All but the WORST of roms will feel faster than what you had. This is Windows, people. It would feel faster if you simply hard reset. I'm not saying roms don't improve - of course they do. But the extent to which they are reported to improve is exaggerated.
You realize you do not have to participate in flashing you phone or updating as new versions are released right? Also there is no way that a ppc would ever rival the performance and usability of a desktop computer.

You complain about exaggeration but have no issue doing so in your post above. The "anything on the market" and "desktop computer" really was ridiculous thing to say.

Last edited by Tipharet; 07-20-2009 at 08:20 AM.