View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 11:46 AM
one80oneday
Halfway to VIP Status

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
So, Sadly I had to flash back to MR5 ( not too sad since MR5 rocks). Anyways, Ive been running it since release 18th and its been great other than the Minor Pause/freeze every know and then, then all the sudden today, when changing the battery, it hung at every screen for like a minuete till finally freezing completely at the orange wondows screen (startup). I tried over and over to soft reset and i would eventually hang at the Mighty Rom Image at startup. I then flashed back to MR5 and It now works fine. I did notice at first though that when I flashed to Mr5 it started up fast, then when I loaded my 60+ cabs it starts up alot slower, but Now that leads me to think

1. Does it take longer to boot with alot of stuff installed?
2. Does this sound like a Rom Problem/bad flash/or phone crapping?
3. Can you flash too much?
4.Yes I clear storage/hard reset everytime after flashing and Ive been flashing for Months here and there.
5.I have 2 spare batteries and a craddle charger that charges a spare at all time so I never have to hook my phone up to a charger due to the extreme heat that the pro give (dont wanna nother bunk keyboard), but on that note I obviously have to replace the battery 2 times a day (im a heavy user. lol) and can that cause that.

all in all its working good now, just hope it was a wierd thing and not the phone and the hard reset/flash back isnt just bandaging it for a few only for it to come back.....

I loved MR6, ill try again in a few days to test My problem and see if it happens again......
Quote:
Originally Posted by tok View Post
You are not alone with this issue. For me, with the 07/18 rom, it seems that with every soft reset some system file gets corrupted, and eventually my phone would get stuck at the initial splash screen as well. I reverted back to the original (first version) MightyRom6, and everything is back to perfect again. I just don't understand, why are we the only ones with this issue? I tried hard resetting and installing the 07/18 rom three times already, and every single time my phone would end corrupting/losing files within minutes of using the rom. Switching back to previous rom fixes everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
Perfect timing for me, mr6 just froze on restart for me. I think sktools did it but not sure. Great work mighty!
This has happened to me in old roms I have used and it really sux when you are not home to fix it. Now this has happened twice for me with MR6 (first with MR6 7.7.09 & now MR6 7.16.09) so Ill try MR6 7.18.09 and see if it works. I dont really think it is the rom but programs or radio that dont agree with the rom that makes this happen. Try installing only programs you need for the first few days and then install one at a time (if it happens again you might be able to figure it out). Either way it has been months since this first happened to me so flashing an older rom should fix it.