kevm14
Regular 'Geeker

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipharet View Post
My question is, what are you using to benchmark this. You tout this as fact but I see no information to back any of it. If you think there is a issue with signal do some testing and report back in the thread. Just don't complain about it. Lets see some debug information posted!
I don't have any info at the moment. I DID do radio testing back when I was on the stock Sprint rom but I haven't done anything systematic since then. I do know that once I flashed to MR5 and I noticed something was up with my signal strength I reflashed to every radio I had tried before and noted that Telus 1.04 was still the best, but worse than when I had the stock rom. Unfortunately testing this is going to be a pretty major pain. I do take solace in knowing that I am not the only one to report this.

Quote:
You realize you do not have to participate in flashing you phone or updating as new versions are released right?
I already conceded that roms do usually improve upon a new revision. If I didn't think they improved at all I wouldn't bother flashing.

Quote:
Also there is no way that a ppc would ever rival the performance and usability of a desktop computer.
Exactly! See below.

Quote:
You complain about exaggeration but have no issue doing so in your post above. The "anything on the market" and "desktop computer" really was ridiculous thing to say.
You misunderstand. I never claimed the phone was or should be comparable in performance to "anything on the market" or a "desktop computer." What I did say was if you read into the hyperbole posted about each new rom revision (any maker's rom, not just MM), you'd swear these things ran at 3GHz. Each revision, on the average, is a very subtle improvement (with a few outliers) yet many report staggering speed-ups. If you did a qualitative analysis on the replies for each new rom, and multiplied it by the number of rom revisions, I am arguing you'd end up with the expectation that the phone would literally almost deliver desktop performance. Therefore, each rom revision can't possibly have sped up the phone by the qualitative amount reported. My post was an explanation to why I think those posts happen.
This post has been thanked 1 times.