PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 09:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bob View Post
Hahahah! You are joking, right?
U read my mind LOL
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:17 PM
VIP Member

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialAgentSicari View Post
I am running the latest 6.5.X titanium that was released on Sep8, and I am having some problems with my Bluetooth headset not hanging up all the time. Is anyone else having the same problem as me or do you guys know of a fix? My headset is a Jabra BT8010, and I don't have issues with any other OS's
Bro u really should read back a few pages, its been discussed... alot
Old 09-15-2010, 09:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG LS855
Carrier: Sprint

t-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialAgentSicari View Post
I wish I was. Voice command works just find, the headset just won't hang up.
I laughed because it has been a major topic of discussion today. The last post about this issue was just two posts before yours. If you glance over the last two pages you will see that this is an inconsistent problem depending on headset. If you read a little more you will find that there is no solution but that the chef is looking into it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:06 PM
sly
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

sly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdappcgeek View Post
Is there a cab that will do the Sprint provisioning so I don't have to click on carrier provisioning?

I want Sashimi to automate this for me if possible.

I searched the attachments but could find it.

Thanks
The cab is on your phone. Look for \WINDOWS\energy_sprint.cab
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Gemakk is a n00b

Hi all,

Today, I flashed the Energy ROM for the first time. 21916 Build, Dinik Glass. I used to run the Mighty Mouse ROM and wanted to try something new.

I have some performance issues however. I'm finding certain parts of the OS to be a bit sluggish. For example, the weather effects on the home screen are animating slowly. Additionally, scrolling out of the home screen is slow (It is liquidly smooth scrolling starting from another tab, like Settings however). This is the case even after I have OC'd the phone (710). With nothing open, I'm showing as 63MB RAM Free.

Do people have recommendations as to how I can improve the performance of my home screen? I don't even know if I can disable the weather animation.

Thanks
Old 09-15-2010, 11:39 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemakk View Post
Hi all,

Today, I flashed the Energy ROM for the first time. 21916 Build, Dinik Glass. I used to run the Mighty Mouse ROM and wanted to try something new.

I have some performance issues however. I'm finding certain parts of the OS to be a bit sluggish. For example, the weather effects on the home screen are animating slowly. Additionally, scrolling out of the home screen is slow (It is liquidly smooth scrolling starting from another tab, like Settings however). This is the case even after I have OC'd the phone (710). With nothing open, I'm showing as 63MB RAM Free.

Do people have recommendations as to how I can improve the performance of my home screen? I don't even know if I can disable the weather animation.

Thanks
Which ROM did u flash?

EDIT: OK I see ur ROM, I wasnt reading thoroughly. If ur really interested in freeing up more RAM Teradog has a great way. If u read back a few pages he has a few posts with cabs to get rid of the start menu and a few other things to get ur ROM running smoother and lighter. Also be sure to check out the HOW TO in his signature, alot of important info that could help. CHT can make things choppy anyway because it hogs the hell out of ur memory so anything u can do to free up any RAM do it! I always keep the weather off, I have no need for it but for those who like it, there are always ways to get it running smooth.

Better yet, I went & pulled the links for u. THIS LINK is his HOW TO which he updates often with great tips for your phone, be sure to read thru it.

THIS POST is the post I was referring to about freeing up RAM

The parts of the ROM that seem sluggish will work themselves out after the ROM settles in after a few days & charge cycles. Give it about 4 or 5 days and see if things get better or not.

I really hope that will help u & get things rolling the way u like. If I wasnt helpful Im sure someone with more knowledge will finish it off for me. Ur in the best thread on the site so no need to worry either way!!!

EDIT 2: One thing I forgot, If ur still not happy with the free RAM u could always lower the PagePool. The PagePool Changer is in the Paperclip for this thread OR u can scroll up to my first post on this page & click the RED link right above the image, its the same thing as the paperclip.

Last edited by DatBoiDame; 09-16-2010 at 12:29 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:44 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Which ROM did u flash?
i believe he downloaded what i highlighted in red.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:23 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
i believe he downloaded what i highlighted in red.
Thanks, I had a slow moment. I read right over that, felt pretty stupid LOL
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:25 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
THIS IS THE ONE NEO!!

ANOTHER BASE ROM, NO SODs
Biodat, time to move up...
ROCK SOLID ROM
Will be moving my better halfs phone to this ROM
Rock solid.. battery much better, not yet as good as rest of this com build, but waiting for it to settle.
U know what Teradog, Im going to trust u and flash it tonight! Im not easy to win over because I LOVE 8/22. But u say its solid & I trust ur info so I am going to follow ur suggestion & flash... Lets see how this goes!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:56 AM
sly
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

sly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIP

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks
I think the DinikGlass has Cookie? If so, you can blame Cookie for that lag (don't get me wrong, I love Cookie! Can't live without it).

You can disable the full screen weather animation but not the little one under the clock afaik. Just make a quicklink to put in the toggle. Go to Menu > Edit Quick Links > [Tap on empty link] > Toggle Switch > Weather Toggle. Now you can toggle back and forth when you're bored!

There are other Cookie settings you can modify to eek out some further incremental performance but not much...Cookie is a lot smoother on the 1ghz HD2!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development