View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 12:56 AM
sly
VIP Member

sly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemakk View Post
Hi all,

Today, I flashed the Energy ROM for the first time. 21916 Build, Dinik Glass. I used to run the Mighty Mouse ROM and wanted to try something new.

I have some performance issues however. I'm finding certain parts of the OS to be a bit sluggish. For example, the weather effects on the home screen are animating slowly. Additionally, scrolling out of the home screen is slow (It is liquidly smooth scrolling starting from another tab, like Settings however). This is the case even after I have OC'd the phone (710). With nothing open, I'm showing as 63MB RAM Free.

Do people have recommendations as to how I can improve the performance of my home screen? I don't even know if I can disable the weather animation.

Thanks
I think the DinikGlass has Cookie? If so, you can blame Cookie for that lag (don't get me wrong, I love Cookie! Can't live without it).

You can disable the full screen weather animation but not the little one under the clock afaik. Just make a quicklink to put in the toggle. Go to Menu > Edit Quick Links > [Tap on empty link] > Toggle Switch > Weather Toggle. Now you can toggle back and forth when you're bored!

There are other Cookie settings you can modify to eek out some further incremental performance but not much...Cookie is a lot smoother on the 1ghz HD2!
This post has been thanked 3 times.