View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 11:39 PM
DatBoiDame
VIP Member

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemakk View Post
Hi all,

Today, I flashed the Energy ROM for the first time. 21916 Build, Dinik Glass. I used to run the Mighty Mouse ROM and wanted to try something new.

I have some performance issues however. I'm finding certain parts of the OS to be a bit sluggish. For example, the weather effects on the home screen are animating slowly. Additionally, scrolling out of the home screen is slow (It is liquidly smooth scrolling starting from another tab, like Settings however). This is the case even after I have OC'd the phone (710). With nothing open, I'm showing as 63MB RAM Free.

Do people have recommendations as to how I can improve the performance of my home screen? I don't even know if I can disable the weather animation.

Thanks
Which ROM did u flash?

EDIT: OK I see ur ROM, I wasnt reading thoroughly. If ur really interested in freeing up more RAM Teradog has a great way. If u read back a few pages he has a few posts with cabs to get rid of the start menu and a few other things to get ur ROM running smoother and lighter. Also be sure to check out the HOW TO in his signature, alot of important info that could help. CHT can make things choppy anyway because it hogs the hell out of ur memory so anything u can do to free up any RAM do it! I always keep the weather off, I have no need for it but for those who like it, there are always ways to get it running smooth.

Better yet, I went & pulled the links for u. THIS LINK is his HOW TO which he updates often with great tips for your phone, be sure to read thru it.

THIS POST is the post I was referring to about freeing up RAM

The parts of the ROM that seem sluggish will work themselves out after the ROM settles in after a few days & charge cycles. Give it about 4 or 5 days and see if things get better or not.

I really hope that will help u & get things rolling the way u like. If I wasnt helpful Im sure someone with more knowledge will finish it off for me. Ur in the best thread on the site so no need to worry either way!!!

EDIT 2: One thing I forgot, If ur still not happy with the free RAM u could always lower the PagePool. The PagePool Changer is in the Paperclip for this thread OR u can scroll up to my first post on this page & click the RED link right above the image, its the same thing as the paperclip.

Last edited by DatBoiDame; 09-16-2010 at 12:29 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.