PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2011, 12:31 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 1| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Hi Kiowa, Good to see you still hanging around here.

Nope, still on the TP2 with about another year left before I can get hooked...I mean upgrade again.

I've been playing around with tiad8's build of android on my tp though and it works quite well but its still a work in progress so I dont (yet) use it as my daily driver. Its enough for me to want an android phone instead of a WP7 though.

NRG is still feeding my addiction with excellent ROM's for my TP2 so I'm happy but due to the demands of PA school, I've not been flashing as much. Fortunately his ROM is quite stable for me.

I try to check in here from time to time though...usually during really long and boring classes... and see whats going on. Looks like a very good new group has stepped into our shoes and continued the tradition. (Thanks guys!)

Anyway...back to studying for my epidemiology midtern...

David
Actually I always have this thread open and check up on it to see how things are going, I have my phone rooted and a nice custom ROM and everything set-up the way I want it so about all I do is either try new games/applications from the forums or the market to keep me busy.

yeah now that you mention it I remember you saying in your last pm that you still had a while before you could upgrade, trust me you won't be disappointed when you do upgrade to the droid side of things, it's great now and only going to get better, plus we have all the regular Chef's that used to cook for WM on that side also so a lot of good roms and choices.

How's things going with school? hope things are well I know you must be working your butt off in school since your not around here much, plus as you already know it's only going to be better for you in the long run.

Yeah lots of good guys around here helping each other, that's what I do miss about the TP2, android guys are pretty decent but not like this thread and the people in it, but when someone from here does cross over feel free to pm me to ask me any questions about how to do something because it is pretty overwhelming at first and to me it seemed like all the information is scattered, had to take a lot of aspirin, do a lot of reading and praying that I was doing something right lol.

OK time for me to fade back into the shadows, sorry didn't mean to get off topic and thread jack the place.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:33 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 1| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
When's the last time all 3 of us post in a row?!! 1/2 year?! couldn't resist, logging off now.. good to see you guys on again!
lmfao oh it hasn't been that long as I just crossed over to the other side about Mid December, but it sure does seem longer than that, great work you are doing around here along with everyone else!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:44 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
lmfao oh it hasn't been that long as I just crossed over to the other side about Mid December, but it sure does seem longer than that, great work you are doing around here along with everyone else!
yea, but dave's been out all fall!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post

[APP] Grab MSL V0.5 - Should work on TP2, TP, Mogul etc.

@teradog, let me know if you'd like to add this to the wiki as well...
Well just when I thought I was being clever,someone comes along and says "man your over complicating this by half, why dont you just use this cab". Another solid blow to the ego . If you havent figured it out yet, the grab MSL V0.5 works great.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: sprint

sprintsero is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
BAF MSL Grabber will get your MSL code (the password).

BAF MSL Grabber | BAF.cc
Thank you but this stuffs is too confusing for me.

Quote:
bump, NEEDED: dec 13 cookie 1.8 sense Rom

Just go into the FAQ, took me a crap load of time to put all that in, did you do it in the order suggested? PRL after PRI? OK, I list

1. run Sprint Update Profile & PRL.cab (paperclip) OR
  2. settings, system, update PRL OR
  3. start (winkey), tools, update prl & profile OR
  4. DL ninja duck tools cab, install, has all of them (paperclip)
1. Didn't know there was one.
2. My rom doesn't have the "update PRL" option under settings, system or any other folders.
3. Wasn't sure what's "winkey" mean but I went to start/tools/........no "update prl & profile" under my energy rom
4. I did DL ninja tools cab, and not sure what's password...or any instruction to get a new PRL. Until, he replied above, then I know this wouldn't be my method. I'm too new to this stuffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
I had the same experience as teradog with the BAF app (reboot each time I tried to use it). I think it probably works great for Verizon folks, but not for Sprint TP2s.

There is a great thread on PPC where the OP continually posts the most current Sprint PRL file (60675 as of my post):

Sprint PRL Updates (60675) Updated February 3, 2011

I download my PRL zip files from this thread and do a manual update via EPST. Sometimes they'll post the diffs of what towers where added/removed for each update to see if it is worth doing the update in the first place. They also have links and discussions to this app that worked for me on more than a half dozen Sprint TP2s to get the MSL:

[APP] Grab MSL V0.5 - Should work on TP2, TP, Mogul etc.

@teradog, let me know if you'd like to add this to the wiki as well...
THANK YOU!!!!!!! VERY EASY PEASY!!! All I did was DL Sprint PRL Updates and unzip then run the .exe for update and .... it searches and put in 60675!

Not sure if it improved my signal or speed, but hack, I know how to update PRL now a basic user method
Old 02-11-2011, 03:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
bump, NEEDED: dec 13 cookie 1.8 sense Rom

Most importantly: the FAQ paperclip link does work!
Hi Dave, sorry I missed 5K, you droid freak you!! Geessh the last to go & now you never visit the windows side?! LOL
Looks like you're due some latitude... mind boggling about this paperclip breakdown in the system... honestly was surprised you couldn't figure out it was a popup blocker.... which it wasn't!

Very impressive, how the heck did you ever find that?!

I have a sencity version in 1.85 and 2.0 for 12-13 if that helps?

As far as finding the cause of attachment problem...
I read a LOT on this site. I looked in site news, saw recent post of updating vbseo and report problems... knew this was more than a coincidence with timing of it. Looked into it and this is where the "like" came from too.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

[QUOTE=kozmo;2054586]I have a sencity version in 1.85 and 2.0 for 12-13 if that helps?

Also have a 12-23 / 29005 / sense 2.5 Energy / no co0kie / but could add 1.8 CAB.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Winstart Free

Quote:
Just go to taskmanager look @ processes & ck for winstart it'll tell you how much memory it uses, also ensure you check the process ninjaduck post @ top of page before & after!
"monitor the memory utilization of the GWES process (graphic subsystem) as well as the app itself."
TaskManager tells that after a couple of hours of use:
Winstart.exe 255kb
gwes.exe 12493kb

Arkswitch says that i have 86.896 of free ram.
Going to Settings/System/Memory says i have 84.69mb of free ram.

Winstart 2.1 version is really good!!! (i am using the free version with Arto Start Menu Remover, since the free version doesn't disable Windows Start Menu).
I have added to the original Arto Start Menu Remover the fixes for Start and X softkeys: i am attaching the files in this post.

PS: a new version, 2.2, was released:i hope that in a few days also the 2.2free will be out. New version solves a problem with cht softkeys, as explained in the thread.

Last edited by Monfro; 02-12-2011 at 02:24 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comstar View Post
If anyone needs the Energy RHODCDMA 29005 Sense2.5 Cookie Dec.13 (CHT 1.8.5) - PM me
Just bumping this
Old 02-11-2011, 09:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

eazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Looks like you're due some latitude... mind boggling about this paperclip breakdown in the system... honestly was surprised you couldn't figure out it was a popup blocker.... which it wasn't!
SMH.. Do you want to fight forever??? Im good man.. you win..

pop up blocker is not my issue.. I stated before that i can get to other paperclip links for other threads.. just not this one and a few others.. If it were pop up blocker all of them would have the same issue.

more info:
For this thread when i click on the paper clip i get a new window with the link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...hments&t=86489

This is the page:
The webpage cannot be found HTTP 404

Most likely causes:
•There might be a typing error in the address.
•If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:
Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Go to and look for the information you want.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development