PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 1| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
yea, but dave's been out all fall!
nah.... I'm lurking and trying to keep up. I usually log on and check on things between classes.

David
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 1| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

I decided to do it. I flashed the New 28244 Cookie 2.0 ROM Feb 1 (Seems Funny to call that new, it's an older build). It's fast and it seems to work. I have always liked that build for speed. Problems I need to research:

Contact info in Red. I just found that cab, I will install it. Reports are it works. Said to be a problem in the 29007 build, but it's still here in this older build.

Signal Strength Meter worked fine for a day. Today is shows Aquiring, (Even though taskman show ful strength.) Phone works fine. I will need to search up on that. Updated PRL and restarted, looks ok now. Weird.

I like the new Cookie more than I thought I would. Still wish that there was a way to make the Date/Day bigger, but I will manage. I also don't like the lost space to the left screen, but I need to spend more time with it.

Noticed that sense boots, and then kinda hangs on the launching screen. if I hit end key. all is ok.

I have noticed that Wifi doesn't stay on during a call, (It stays on, but doesn't stay connected.) That worked previously, I was able to browse sites when on a call..

My thoughts are free. Can't guarantee they'll be useful though..
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
yea, but dave's been out all fall!
yeah that's true that he has been in school for a while, either way it's good to see all the guys that i learned stuff from and bs'd with a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
Well just when I thought I was being clever,someone comes along and says "man your over complicating this by half, why dont you just use this cab". Another solid blow to the ego . If you havent figured it out yet, the grab MSL V0.5 works great.
lmfao bro don't worry about it, it's all good, your supposed to learn new stuff each day so just chalk it up as you learned something new, from now on you know and will be able to pass that knowledge on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintsero View Post
Thank you but this stuffs is too confusing for me.
1. Didn't know there was one.
2. My rom doesn't have the "update PRL" option under settings, system or any other folders.
3. Wasn't sure what's "winkey" mean but I went to start/tools/........no "update prl & profile" under my energy rom
4. I did DL ninja tools cab, and not sure what's password...or any instruction to get a new PRL. Until, he replied above, then I know this wouldn't be my method. I'm too new to this stuffs.

THANK YOU!!!!!!! VERY EASY PEASY!!! All I did was DL Sprint PRL Updates and unzip then run the .exe for update and .... it searches and put in 60675!

Not sure if it improved my signal or speed, but hack, I know how to update PRL now a basic user method
well the sprint profile/pri/prl cab is not cooked into the rom, but that's why I always kept a copy of that cab along with all the other ones that I used after flashing on my sd card and installed it after a fresh flash, glad to hear that you got it and it worked. well it's not meant to give you a better signal, that's what a radio does, it's meant to update your database of new towers / new tower agreements that sprint can use so that you get more cellphone coverage when your out and about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
nah.... I'm lurking and trying to keep up. I usually log on and check on things between classes.

David
well i imagine that you have a pretty full plate with all the classes you are taking plus you have to spend time with the family so i can imagine that it's pretty hard to have time to mess with the phone / thread much.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: sprint

sprintsero is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
......well it's not meant to give you a better signal, that's what a radio does, it's meant to update your database of new towers / new tower agreements that sprint can use so that you get more cellphone coverage when your out and about.
Thank you for the info.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:31 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

What a CF yesterday! LOL anyone not a regular looking @ this forum, was probably laughing out loud... "wow, they can't even get their MSL & PRL" hehe.. And the freek'n paperclip not working....!

Well.. most of us have it already & it's quite another thing to instruct another, especially with different carriers, opinions, methods, etc.. Personally have the profile/prl cab in my sashimi, it's been an auto install I never look at. On top of that, if you've already got 3 or 4 of them installed ya can't really test another cab! :>))

Wiki FAQ is cleaned up & simplified for PRL & MSL:
* http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...d_Roaming_List
* http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...y_CDMA_ROM#MSL
Please let me know if there is still a CF somewhere.

FYI: A few Basics for newbies (before you post)
1. READ the 1st 6 posts
2. READ the last 2-3 pages of posts
3. READ the FAQ
(which IS post 6, so if you completed #1 you'd know that)
4. Post your entire ROM, 21xxx or 28/29xxx, cookie, etc.. in the forum! Recommend copy & paste from hotfile.
ENERGY ROM FAQ WIKI
Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
Well just when I thought I was being clever,someone comes along and says "man your over complicating this by half, why dont you just use this cab". Another solid blow to the ego . If you havent figured it out yet, the grab MSL V0.5 works great.
Put in FAQ as another alternative in case grabMSL doesn't work for someone, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monfro View Post
...I have added to the original Arto Start Menu Remover the fixes for Start and X softkeys: i am attaching the files in this post.
PS: a new version, 2.2, was released...
Arto Start menu Remover wm6.5.x.cab Arto Start menu Remover wm6.5.cab
THANKS TONS! (includes the X & start)... but aren't those the original names?! Could you please rename to "Arto Start menu Remover X Start wm6.5.cab" and reupload.. could see it saving a bunch of headache in the future...?
Started doing Arto late summer.. #25017 & then prodded NRG, he put in the genius startmenu layout switch... Love the RAM!

Again.. if you run NRG's "Start Menu Layout Switch" in settings once, I believe you don't have to run the Arto remover to install any other startmenu replacement.

I'll update this post, am testing now~~~~~~
*edit* moved stuff to dream phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
I have noticed that Wifi doesn't stay on during a call, (It stays on, but doesn't stay connected.) That worked previously, I was able to browse sites when on a call..
Read a bunch on this.. perhaps Verizon is different... you're not suppose to be able to do both @ the same time. Phone calls must place phone in 1x mode, data in EVDO... However, I've got it to work slightly a couple times & read that if your right next to a tower... perhaps.. Wonder about other Verizon users...? You were the lucky one? :>))

Thought that MSL cab looked familiar! Got it from MAXX's sig line long time ago! LOL (now if I could just remember my dogs name...:>))
Maxx134 .. .#25030
Overclocking..BatterySaver cab..VOLUME CABs...MSL..PRL..Sprint PRI, FUTURE

Oh yea monfro... found those msm/setcpu cabs here also, the bottom of this post http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1915605-post14.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ edit ~~~~~~~~~
regarding reception/bars/battery, etc..
"as I understand it, in nutshell, updates new towers/trans sites.
For example old tower 2 miles away, new tower 1 mile away, without prl update phone will search for and use the old tower as primary site. That can cost you battery life. PRL update should give you best/shortest/strongest route for your traffic. So in theory up to date PRL should give you best signal and battery life.
If you want more tech details just search the forums. In the past I have read several from knowledgeable people in the forums. "

Lots of talk & opinion.. Further reading.. here, here, here,...

Last edited by teradog; 02-11-2011 at 06:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

New problem for me - first time I've had this problem with any NRG ROM.

Flashed 2/1 cookie 2.0 sometime last week. I had to fly on a plane for the first time in ages on Tuesday, so I used the "Toggle Airplane Mode" button in the right hand side Sense UI Screen. Something went wonky.

Now, I can make and receive phone calls, but neither the microphone nor the speaker work for a phone call. My headphones wont work for phone calls, nor can I hear anything or speak when using bluetooth when making calls. The "speakerphone" icon in the dialer is also greyed out when making phone calls, so I cannot turn it on or off. I booted into Android, and I can make calls fine and hear them fine - therefore, I don't think it is a hardware issue.

Before I reflash, does anyone have any suggestions on things that I can try to make my phone work as a phone?
Old 02-11-2011, 06:12 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
New problem for me - first time I've had this problem with any NRG ROM.

Flashed 2/1 cookie 2.0 sometime last week.
21xxx or 28xxx cmon fried.. shesh
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
21xxx or 28xxx cmon fried.. shesh
Sorry - 28XXX (I just assumed everyone is running the cooler builds )
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo 755p > HTC TP2 > Android
Carrier: T-Mobile

akeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quick Feb.01 28244 ROM Reviews:

C0okie 2.0 Sencity:
This version is so snappy, no need to overclock. Battery life is fantastic, even right after flash. Pretty much love EVERYTHING about this ROM, except:
1. Quicklinks moving around &/or disappearing randomly. Figured it was a C0okie 2.0 issue, which is the only reason I tried the other version.
2. Wifi disconnects upon standby, even though set it to stay on.
3. Sometimes the screen (usually home) freezes, until I turn my screen off then back on.

Standard 'Energy' + C0okie 1.8.5.:
1. Overall sluggishness, unless overclocked
2. Horrible battery life
3. Cannot Answer Call (or it's delayed)

All recent ROMS:
1. Email Internet pictures remain blocked after attempting to download (wonder if this has to do with using Opera 10 as default)
2. I too have found I have to use the copy/paste auth code method for FBTab because internal NEVER works.

Doesn't seem to be worth the switch at this point. Sooo, back to Dec.13 CHT 1.8.5. ROM I go!

Last edited by akeaw3000; 02-15-2011 at 03:11 PM. Reason: added points
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work

Hello, I came to Argentina for a few days and got a prepaid sim card. The phone tries to connect to the internet to download e-mail, weather, etc. I go to settings and disable data connection and it re-enables itself immediately afterwards. They charge an arm and a leg for data here, so I only want to get online when I am on a wifi hotspot. How do I prevent the phone from connecting to data? Does anybody know how to turn the data connection switch off and make it stay that way? Thank you!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development