PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 01:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [3/27/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21897 / 23551 | Lite & Standard Versions]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
What was the problem with the cab? I'll remove it if it's not working right. It's probably just as easy to copy the 3 files inside of the EXT\files directory to \windows anyway.
unsuccessful install, not signed or something.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
Old 04-04-2010, 02:30 AM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAChavez99 View Post
For those with position issues when installing S2U2 I've had them in the past and what worked was to have the phone plugged in when rebooting it. It seems to me that if S2U2 locked the phone before Sense was fully booted the position error would appear.
That matches up with my experience as well. I didn't realize that having the phone plugged in would prevent this, however restarting Sense with the phone unlocked also will fix this in case you're unable to plug in the phone when rebooting.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Exclamation Re: Manila locker issues / GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabroso View Post

...the 27 March ROM 21897: ...a few ramdom SOD (not necesary after charging just regular everyday weakup) ... Situation: a) I press power to weakup from sleep, it weakup fine but after 1-2 seconds go back to "BLACK SCREEN". b) I press power to weakup from sleep but happend no weakup, again press power and nothing, SO then I push power button for 4-6 seconds and weakup normaly. c) When I manualy send phone to sleep and weakup in less than a minute or minutes, it doesn't appear the slider for weakup, press close or end and return to HOME tab but with some manila locker icon on the top taskbar.
d) When someone call me, the silder don't move with my finger, but the phone answer the call.
e)
situation: I don't know if it is me or not, but the time to take a second picture is too long now, when you press center buttom take a lot to take the picture (it seem like it can't make the autofocus end) and in many times you need a second "center button" press for actually take the photo.
f)
situation: When you are in Landscape mode get to sleep and weakup, then the HTC "ICON" for slider landscape mode appear over "Manila locker", so when you use your finger to slider manila locker the HTC ICON slider is highlighted instead of "manila locer icon". SOLUTION: use your stylus to press over the last right arrow of "manila locker" button, if you pick that arrow you will be enable to unlock the manila locker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
a) probably manila locker.
b) never had that one happen to me
c) since manila locker has issues with landscape... sometimes when the device thinks its in landscape it could happen, or might be something else, but again... probably manila locker.
d) never had than happen... actually i think it's pretty responsive.
e) that's a regedit, i forgot exactly which one, but im sure thats what u probably mean.
Thanks AmiKAM for your answer, I guess this notes are more for MWALT2 that you, so just to say I don't want to take your time with this stuff.
So MWALT2, retaken the manila locker issues there are a new one:
by the way "c) situation" is not the one that AmiKAM believe, that is "f) situation" (hope i make understand this situation up here)
Thanks in advance Mwalt2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex2 View Post
....By the way here is a theme from tacchan23 at xda that I found interesting. Would seem to go well with your black themes.....
Thanks Dex2. don't you think they are little hard to read. I found in one of the s2w's screen shot that he use a taskbar icon where they area BLACK body (picture or letter or number) with white under glow. that one seem to me to be REALLY easy to read (I confese I'm a "nearsighted eye", "shortviewer eye") but the worst is don't have a clue how to get that icons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanep13 View Post
....Experienced several lock ups as well (none that has even made me consider jumping ship yet): Have experienced the power on problems stated by SABROSO (situations B, D and E). Have also experienced the Text messaging issue as IRONRED where the phone locks up when going from all messages view back to sense home screen and requires removing the battery to restart....
Shaneep13, I get confuse with this one because IRONRED (he don't specified which ROM sys-21xxx he is using) said he start to have this issue after he uninstalled "manila locker" with AmiKAM "cab" uninstaller, but seem to me that you have not uninstalled "manila locker". I also have not uninstall manila locker, so that is why I haven't had that issue, so when get to (manually or automaticaly) sleep from "all message tab" and weakup to manila locker screen, slide to unlock return automatic to "all message tab".
Quote:
....Also one issue is GPS, cannot get Google maps or TeleNav to work, would prefer TeleNav and wish it would work. (Google maps never finds any satellites, and TeleNav states weak signal find a better view of sky) Anyone can help get either of these working?...
Shaneep13, I find that our Diamond device use "COM4" and "4800" to comunicate with internal GPS. Just manually configure G-maps and TeleNav with this settings. Anyway if you want to try Destinator 9 (with fullscreen working and not "symbols keyboard" error) in your diamond send me a PM.
P.S.:
I forgot I don't have USA 2010 Q1 Maps & USA 2010 Q1 "POI", but they are really easy to google it.
P.S.: I have not try the taskbar (I found it hard to read) but the slider that Dex2 suggest works fine, not perfect, but almost fine.
Perfection is not a place where you arrive, it is the very journey itself where aletheia would become

Last edited by Sabroso; 04-04-2010 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

Dex2 is just getting started

Quote:
What was the problem with the cab? I'll remove it if it's not working right. It's probably just as easy to copy the 3 files inside of the EXT\files directory to \windows anyway.
Thanks again for the cab mwalt2. As stated before by amikam, I could not get the cab to work. It had to do something with not being digitally signed with a trusted certificate. oop seems amikam beat me to it.

Quote:
I've had the volume problem (or one like it) previously too. Check the following registry entries and see if you have them and what path is where XXXXX is. If you do not have those registry keys, it cuts off the bottom part of the standard volume control. Changing to a different .tsk (assuming it has those entries) will fix it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=524797

Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Bubble]
"BubbleBorderThemeImage"="XXXXX"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Toast]
"ToastBorderThemeImage"="XXXXX"
Thanks for the registry edits. I decided to try other .tsk and they seem to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
thanks for pointing this out... i don't use 6.5.x sys's myself so im not really "aware" of issues with them.
i do have those regedit in my .tsk file but no image files is listed in them... they are empty.
thanks again for pointing that out... ill check out some 6.5.x themes and see whats missing.

Not sure if your theme is base of dusk, but I got dusk theme to work on the rom. I'm using Dusk Evolution 2.5 v4.0 and it is working great. I know it was not design for vga devices, but it seems to work without a hitch. The only downside is that it takes alot of memory when install through a cab.

Last edited by Dex2; 04-04-2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: added link
Old 04-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Lurker

Re: Manila locker issues / GPS

Quote:
Thanks Dex2. don't you think they are little hard to read. I found in one of the s2w's screen shot that he use a taskbar icon where they area BLACK body (picture or letter or number) with white under glow. that one seem to me to be REALLY easy to read (I confese I'm a "nearsighted eye", "shortviewer eye") but the worst is don't have a clue how to get that icons.
You're welcome. I'm not sure what icons you are talking about. Maybe if you can point them out I can see if I can find them. Regarding the theme, tacchan23 has a version that is suppose to be more finger friendly. Unfortunately, after playing with it, I found the theme to render my diamond unreadable in some situation. For example, since it changes the background to black, it renders some part of the rom unreadable. i.e. if you go into services, you won't be able to read any of the words. I had to uninstall it and try dusk theme.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex2 View Post
In addtion I don't think toggle1x works with 6.5 roms. I can't seem to get it work correctly. After a little editing I can get it to change from 1x to evdo ,but not from evdo to 1x.
AmiKAM, me too. I don't need to make nothing apart to press the button of "Toggle1x" to change from Evdo to 1x, but the strange is that "the Macro" (you can actually see the step that it is been making) stop at change "point mark" to 1x, but actually it seems like the "OK" finally step it is not done, so the taskbat actually don't change from 1x to Evdo. I think is a "typing" error or close "macro" programming. ANYONE Know the how to check this "macro"??? (sorry not been more helping but don't have the skill).
EDIT: I was thinking that this MACRO it doesn't was made to change from 1x to Evdo,
but know I getting CRAZY, After play a while with new SLiders, I softreset like 7 times,
Then I had to charge battery, After Charge battery and reboot,
I try again "toggle1x" and now change well from 1x to Evdo and viceversa (from Evdo to 1x), So sorry I totally no clue what happened!!! (even try several times (7 x 2 times) and it works fine eachtime).

Thanks Dex2, by the way I use latest AmiKAM Lite ROM 21xxx series
this is the TASKBAR icons.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S2W_idea_1.jpg (69.7 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Sabroso; 04-04-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

shanep13 is becoming a great contributor

Thank you for your help Sabroso,

The text lock up that was referred to by IronRed was after going to messages tab in Sense then going to all messages. Edit or send a message from this view then while exiting back to home or closing the All messages view seems to cause the phone to lock up.
Did not look to see what sys Ironred was using, I did not uninstall Manila locker (actually like it), Have tried the suggestion of removing messages with attachments with no change.

I have tried manually configuring both TeleNav and Google maps with no change (still weak signal and zero satellites found)
Found the Destinator 9 but cannot find any USA Maps via Google.
Really do not see why another program is needed, TeleNav should work with Sprint, just cannot seem to get it to find the satellites. Has anyone else gotten the GPS to work? If so how?

Amikam, maybe a cab could be posted to get GPS to work or cook TeleNav back in the lite version? Just a thought, really just need this feature to work. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Thanks again.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Lurker

Quote:
AmiKAM, me too. I don't need to make nothing apart to press the button of "Toggle1x" to change from Evdo to 1x, but the strange is that "the Macro" (you can actually see the step that it is been making) stop at change "point mark" to 1x, but actually it seems like the "OK" finally step it is not done, so the taskbat actually don't change from 1x to Evdo. I think is a "typing" error or close "macro" programming. ANYONE Know the how to check this "macro"??? (sorry not been more helping but don't have the skill).

Thanks Dex2, by the way I use latest AmiKAM Lite ROM 21xxx series
this is the TASKBAR icons.
For some reason toggle1x works with changing from 1x to evdo quite well on wm6.5.x,but for some reason it won't change from evdo to 1x. Instead of worrying about it, I decided to remove the automatic process of changing it and decided to do it manual. I use toggle1x as shortcut to the mode selection screen.

Thanks for the image. I'm not sure if you mean the taskbar, but they look like the originals. Could you point out what you like about them or what is different about them. On side note, you probably know this,but just in case you were inquiring about the theme. The theme is from s2w. Here is a link to his thread. It would seem that it is design for the tp2,but why not give it a try, it may work.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91156

On another side note, I have found that I have become annoyed with the keyboards I have use lately. While watching tv, I saw a commercial for samsung and it showed a guy text messaging with swype. Now I remember reading about it on xda forums, but never gave it a second glimpse. I saw that fr3sh_t0_d3f had released a new rom and included swype in it. I gave it a try and must admit that I like it. So for anybody who wants to try a new keyboard, why not give swype a try.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109202

Last edited by Dex2; 04-04-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

higher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Been using swype on my diamond since mwalt2 posted a cab

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101376
Old 04-04-2010, 11:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

IronRed is just getting started

Quote:
Thank you for your help Sabroso,

The text lock up that was referred to by IronRed was after going to messages tab in Sense then going to all messages. Edit or send a message from this view then while exiting back to home or closing the All messages view seems to cause the phone to lock up.
Did not look to see what sys Ironred was using, I did not uninstall Manila locker (actually like it), Have tried the suggestion of removing messages with attachments with no change.

I have tried manually configuring both TeleNav and Google maps with no change (still weak signal and zero satellites found)
Found the Destinator 9 but cannot find any USA Maps via Google.
Really do not see why another program is needed, TeleNav should work with Sprint, just cannot seem to get it to find the satellites. Has anyone else gotten the GPS to work? If so how?

Amikam, maybe a cab could be posted to get GPS to work or cook TeleNav back in the lite version? Just a thought, really just need this feature to work. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Thanks again.

I'm using system 21XXX.

It is still happening sometimes, but i couldn't figure out why sometimes and not all the time. Looks like you isolated it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development