Sabroso
PPCGeeks Regular

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Re: Manila locker issues / GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabroso View Post

...the 27 March ROM 21897: ...a few ramdom SOD (not necesary after charging just regular everyday weakup) ... Situation: a) I press power to weakup from sleep, it weakup fine but after 1-2 seconds go back to "BLACK SCREEN". b) I press power to weakup from sleep but happend no weakup, again press power and nothing, SO then I push power button for 4-6 seconds and weakup normaly. c) When I manualy send phone to sleep and weakup in less than a minute or minutes, it doesn't appear the slider for weakup, press close or end and return to HOME tab but with some manila locker icon on the top taskbar.
d) When someone call me, the silder don't move with my finger, but the phone answer the call.
e)
situation: I don't know if it is me or not, but the time to take a second picture is too long now, when you press center buttom take a lot to take the picture (it seem like it can't make the autofocus end) and in many times you need a second "center button" press for actually take the photo.
f)
situation: When you are in Landscape mode get to sleep and weakup, then the HTC "ICON" for slider landscape mode appear over "Manila locker", so when you use your finger to slider manila locker the HTC ICON slider is highlighted instead of "manila locer icon". SOLUTION: use your stylus to press over the last right arrow of "manila locker" button, if you pick that arrow you will be enable to unlock the manila locker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
a) probably manila locker.
b) never had that one happen to me
c) since manila locker has issues with landscape... sometimes when the device thinks its in landscape it could happen, or might be something else, but again... probably manila locker.
d) never had than happen... actually i think it's pretty responsive.
e) that's a regedit, i forgot exactly which one, but im sure thats what u probably mean.
Thanks AmiKAM for your answer, I guess this notes are more for MWALT2 that you, so just to say I don't want to take your time with this stuff.
So MWALT2, retaken the manila locker issues there are a new one:
by the way "c) situation" is not the one that AmiKAM believe, that is "f) situation" (hope i make understand this situation up here)
Thanks in advance Mwalt2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex2 View Post
....By the way here is a theme from tacchan23 at xda that I found interesting. Would seem to go well with your black themes.....
Thanks Dex2. don't you think they are little hard to read. I found in one of the s2w's screen shot that he use a taskbar icon where they area BLACK body (picture or letter or number) with white under glow. that one seem to me to be REALLY easy to read (I confese I'm a "nearsighted eye", "shortviewer eye") but the worst is don't have a clue how to get that icons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanep13 View Post
....Experienced several lock ups as well (none that has even made me consider jumping ship yet): Have experienced the power on problems stated by SABROSO (situations B, D and E). Have also experienced the Text messaging issue as IRONRED where the phone locks up when going from all messages view back to sense home screen and requires removing the battery to restart....
Shaneep13, I get confuse with this one because IRONRED (he don't specified which ROM sys-21xxx he is using) said he start to have this issue after he uninstalled "manila locker" with AmiKAM "cab" uninstaller, but seem to me that you have not uninstalled "manila locker". I also have not uninstall manila locker, so that is why I haven't had that issue, so when get to (manually or automaticaly) sleep from "all message tab" and weakup to manila locker screen, slide to unlock return automatic to "all message tab".
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanep13 View Post
....Also one issue is GPS, cannot get Google maps or TeleNav to work, would prefer TeleNav and wish it would work. (Google maps never finds any satellites, and TeleNav states weak signal find a better view of sky) Anyone can help get either of these working?...
Shaneep13, I find that our Diamond device use "COM4" and "4800" to comunicate with internal GPS. Just manually configure G-maps and TeleNav with this settings. Anyway if you want to try Destinator 9 (with fullscreen working and not "symbols keyboard" error) in your diamond send me a PM.
P.S.:
I forgot I don't have USA 2010 Q1 Maps & USA 2010 Q1 "POI", but they are really easy to google it.
P.S.: I have not try the taskbar (I found it hard to read) but the slider that Dex2 suggest works fine, not perfect, but almost fine.
Perfection is not a place where you arrive, it is the very journey itself where aletheia would become

Last edited by Sabroso; 04-04-2010 at 09:29 AM.