PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 05:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

shanep13 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4/11/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21898 / 23557 | Lite & Standard Versions]

Ironred,
Glad you resolved your file location issue.
Would agree with Sabroso if all 3 files went to “\My Documents\\Internal Storage\My Documents\My Music” then there is a reg edit that needs to be changed.

Procter,
Also using 1.12.34 radio and it is working out well.
Did you try to flash back to stock? If so was the issue still there?

Sabroso,
Replied to you PM not sure how helpful it will be.
Have not seen your latest issue, would not be good. (Using the same ROM but the light version).
Do not know of a Safemode for WM.

You did change to the latest CookieMod 1.7 wonder if that is the problem (might not play well with other things in this ROM).

If you have you data backed up you could always try to hard reset (horrible option I know), I tend to back mine up before I make any changes or at least once a week just in case. (have lost all my data once and will not let it happen again)

After work, I’ll search to try to help.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanep13 View Post
Procter,
Also using 1.12.34 radio and it is working out well.
Did you try to flash back to stock? If so was the issue still there?
I used the same navigation program with stock and gadget rom, no such problem. And btw, you referred to your problem as "chip gone bad", then how did you work it out? Did you change a phone? Anyways, I don't know if you had the same problem, but my googlemap/bing (their GPS/location function) worked OK with this ROM, also the my location function in Sense UI worked flawlessly. Just my main navigation software igo8 had such problem.

So I don't see it as a hardware problem. Maybe it's the gps setting of the system changed in MikRom.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Arrow Re: [4/11/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21898 / 23557 | Lite & Standard Versions]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procter View Post
I used the same navigation program with stock and gadget rom, no such problem ....... but my googlemap/bing (their GPS/location function) worked OK with this ROM, also the my location function in Sense UI worked flawlessly. Just my main navigation software igo8 had such problem.
What is exactly your problem in IGO8??
How many satellites found G-maps??
can you put a screen of your Diamond/IGO8 problem??
(You can use "
mymobiler.com" for Screen shot, it's free)
HAve you read this post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=403325
?????

Thanks Shane,
uninstalling CoOkie Monster Mod v1.7 and CHT editor FIXED my problem,
but old CoOkie have some issues now,
SO I installed again CoOkie Monster Mod v1.7 and I will cross my finger, nock some wood hopeing not to have again problem to access "Start Menu".
EDIT: TOTALLY confirmed it. If I enable CHT Locker (not matter which of the 3 style: Manila, Windows or HD mini) "start menu" stop been access throught "windows top button" or hard button (I Use DregSensor for Remap button, by the way disable Remap button doesn't fix the CHT Locker problem).
The strange thing is that NOW "hard buttons" are Locked byt CHT Locker but Stop access to "start menu".
So for our AmiKAM MikROM, if you want CoOkie Monster MOD v1.7, just disable CHT Locker.
I will try with other locker to see what happend.
Perfection is not a place where you arrive, it is the very journey itself where aletheia would become

Last edited by Sabroso; 04-16-2010 at 02:24 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6950
Carrier: isp

lyred is a n00b

hi, how to backup my software & contact list before update to 4.11
Old 04-16-2010, 12:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: DIAMOND

milkman6453 is a n00b

You can backup your contacts and messages with PIM Backup, not sure about software, save the cabs?
Old 04-16-2010, 08:07 AM
N00b

Procter,
To solve my bad chip problem the phone was changed out.
Agreed it sound like there is a setting issue in igo8 (knowing G-maps works flawlessly).

Sabroso,
Glad the root cause for your issue was found and no reset was needed.

Lyred,
I also use PIM Back up.
http://www.dotfred.net/
http://www.dotfred.net/PIM/PPCPimBackupV2.8_wm2005.zip

Remember to install it on the internal memory.
Change the back up location to the internal memory also (by default it saves the data to your phone, which would be deleted upon flash)
When restoring after flash 1st change the settings of the text messaging to “classic”, then restore using PIMbackup, then change text settings back to “threaded”. After next restart and go to text messages it will be blank but the texts will start to show up and thread themselves (could take some time depending on the number of text you have).

To my knowledge there is no program that restores software and cabs, they must be reinstalled. (there is “Sashimi” which allows you to install programs, cabs and reg edits upon first boot, if you have a lot). Personally just install each one after a flash.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Question Re: SASHIMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanep13 View Post
Procter ..... Agreed it sound like there is a setting issue in igo8 (knowing G-maps works flawlessly).
Lyred, I also use PIM Back up.
http://www.dotfred.net/
When restoring after flash 1st change the settings of the text messaging to “classic”, then restore using PIMbackup, then change text settings back to “threaded”. After next restart and go to text messages it will be blank but the texts will start to show up and thread themselves (could take some time depending on the number of text you have).
To my knowledge there is no program that restores software and cabs, they must be reinstalled. (there is “Sashimi” which allows you to install programs, cabs and reg edits upon first boot, if you have a lot). Personally just install each one after a flash.
Procter??? hope you have not update 'cause you had fixed your problem.
Hi Shanep13, thanks for your tips with "TEXT MESSAGE"(SMS) , but in my personal opinion I prefer use "Microsoft MyPhone" for Contacts, Calendar and "TEXT MESSAGE". One mayor reazon is that when you delete a "SMS" is moved to "archived" "text messages" in the MS webpage of "MS MyPhone", so you can keep clean your mobile and recover any old SMS from the webpage. Also for Contacts and Calendar, you can even recover a text message from Archived SMS to text message and in your next SYNC it will be recovered to your Mobile. The only bad thing is that the UI for edit Contacts, SMS and Calendar in the webpage sucks, it so no friendly or easier (and that is MicroSoft webpage).
About Sashimi, Yeah SaShimi is as good as a good Sushi (bad joke)
I haven't use it yet, 'cause I have not read/"search well" a good User Guide for it. but I would like to follow what I preach so I have to denote this is
so Off-Topic??
but I would like to propuse to everyone with AmiROM who want to JOIN the Sashimi auto-install-after-reflash experience tha we can go to a more proper Thread. I would propuse this THREAD who has a HTC Pro 2.
Anyway we can took What Fr3sh has post is his ROM THREAD, which is a good start for Sashimi zips with a lot od good cabs, but a couple of them NEEDS to be update it.
For the records, just some examples when you installed "Opera Mobile 10 Final" in the "Internal Storage" and you re-flash, when you re-install to the same folder at "Internal Storage", your Opera will already have all your settings, bookmarks, and QuickLinks set, so ready to use from the first time and don't need to re-settings.
So anyone want to go there and walk togheter to get experience with Sashimi tips, tricks and user guide?? or someone propuse a more proper THREAD??

Last edited by Sabroso; 04-16-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Question Re: [4/11/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21898 / 23557 | Lite & Standard Versions]

Hi everyone, anyone want to tell your experience with new version 1.7 of CoOkie Monster MOD. If you are going to test it, just be aware it has Bugs, really bugs so many features has to be disable to let use your Diamond as .... let say normal. I was thinking to ask if someone want to use a debuger to finds what is not compatible with AmiKAM ROM. But since CoOkieMonster will release a new version this Sunday, I guess everyone will just wait to that.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

bmckenna is a n00b

Just installed this, and I like so far. Very clean. Could someone (hopefully) help me with a few problems I've been having?

One: the weather randomly takes over the wallpaper on the home page, making it animated and (right now, anyway) putting clouds all over my wallpaper. It's not constant, but does happen occasionally, and the clouds are quite annoying.

Two: where can I change settings for the input keyboard? The little arrow to the right of the keyboard seems to have gone missing. Also, are there any other keyboards installed, such as a compact keyboard?

Three: Is there a way to make it so that when you're on the text message screen, and you tap a message, instead of taking you to the conversation stored in contacts, it takes you to the standard messaging app? I always liked this mode better...or at least get the word suggestions present on the conversation when it's in contacts. edit: I've figured out the word suggestions, but would still like the original messaging app, if at all possible.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by bmckenna; 04-17-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:32 PM
N00b

Bmckenna,

One: Click on the an empty box on the quick links Home tab to add a shortcut. Then select Weather Animation On/Off Switch. It will put a shortcut on your quick links tab to turn off and on the weather animations.

Two: This post contains additional Keyboards

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1601313&postcount=360
There are no other keyboards installed. Calkulins has 3 keyboards installed (compact, Phone standard. Try FingerKeyB.

Three: The standard messaging you are referring to is WM ( Prefer this one as well, would not mind if the next release has HTC messaging removed. Through Sense it uses HTC’s messaging.
(reference: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114890 and http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=5636124&postcount=5 )
Perhaps in the next release Amikam could remove the HTC messaging?

Hope this helps

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development