Sabroso
PPCGeeks Regular

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Re: SASHIMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanep13 View Post
Procter ..... Agreed it sound like there is a setting issue in igo8 (knowing G-maps works flawlessly).
Lyred, I also use PIM Back up.
http://www.dotfred.net/
When restoring after flash 1st change the settings of the text messaging to “classic”, then restore using PIMbackup, then change text settings back to “threaded”. After next restart and go to text messages it will be blank but the texts will start to show up and thread themselves (could take some time depending on the number of text you have).
To my knowledge there is no program that restores software and cabs, they must be reinstalled. (there is “Sashimi” which allows you to install programs, cabs and reg edits upon first boot, if you have a lot). Personally just install each one after a flash.
Procter??? hope you have not update 'cause you had fixed your problem.
Hi Shanep13, thanks for your tips with "TEXT MESSAGE"(SMS) , but in my personal opinion I prefer use "Microsoft MyPhone" for Contacts, Calendar and "TEXT MESSAGE". One mayor reazon is that when you delete a "SMS" is moved to "archived" "text messages" in the MS webpage of "MS MyPhone", so you can keep clean your mobile and recover any old SMS from the webpage. Also for Contacts and Calendar, you can even recover a text message from Archived SMS to text message and in your next SYNC it will be recovered to your Mobile. The only bad thing is that the UI for edit Contacts, SMS and Calendar in the webpage sucks, it so no friendly or easier (and that is MicroSoft webpage).
About Sashimi, Yeah SaShimi is as good as a good Sushi (bad joke)
I haven't use it yet, 'cause I have not read/"search well" a good User Guide for it. but I would like to follow what I preach so I have to denote this is
so Off-Topic??
but I would like to propuse to everyone with AmiROM who want to JOIN the Sashimi auto-install-after-reflash experience tha we can go to a more proper Thread. I would propuse this THREAD who has a HTC Pro 2.
Anyway we can took What Fr3sh has post is his ROM THREAD, which is a good start for Sashimi zips with a lot od good cabs, but a couple of them NEEDS to be update it.
For the records, just some examples when you installed "Opera Mobile 10 Final" in the "Internal Storage" and you re-flash, when you re-install to the same folder at "Internal Storage", your Opera will already have all your settings, bookmarks, and QuickLinks set, so ready to use from the first time and don't need to re-settings.
So anyone want to go there and walk togheter to get experience with Sashimi tips, tricks and user guide?? or someone propuse a more proper THREAD??

Perfection is not a place where you arrive, it is the very journey itself where aletheia would become

Last edited by Sabroso; 04-16-2010 at 07:57 PM.