PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 12:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Re: how to recover 23xxx stuff in 21xxx sys

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahurst View Post
Sabroso and Amikam, you both came thru for me again - Thanks !
I use both 23563 std and 21901 std.
3) I am still not sure why my 21901 std doesn't do Wifi Router.
5) I unplug from charger about 6:00am and by 7:00pm (over 12hours), still have about 40% left. That's pretty good for me as my phone is about 2 years old. I do quite a bit of phone calls and textings.
6) Yep, phcanvga.exe fixed it - Cool!
7) Cool!
Sabroso, thanks for the tips on the miss'es when running 219xx. It's like you almost read my mind
Anyone knows why it runs very hot on 235xx and not 219xx when Wifi-Router'ing or Internet sharing ?
BTW, I was considering upgrading my phone to something new but no more... my Diamond is just fine running Amikam's ROM and once in awhile dual boot to Fearless's Android - perfect !
Seahurst
Your Welcome Seahurst,
(I pass through those same issues when I changed from 23xxx to 21xxx)

I really believe that the forums are like the formerly (Yesteryears) traditions of communication the knowledge (when there was no printing press and few books). People, especially people from the same village and even more within families, knowledge was shared and passed from voice to voice. These forums have the same goal: sharing knowledge, experiences and passed them to people facing the same dilemmas.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by daoom View Post
Not quite sure what you mean. I know there's an incompatibility between Co0kieMod and certain exchange policies (namely the encryption policy). The fix is to use a ROM with the mod cooked in, hence why I installed yours. I configured my exchange setting and everything works fine, whereas on other ROMs where I installed Co0kieMod myself exchange wouldn't sync.

The problem I'm having now is that the Windows 6.5 lock screen and PIN screen are missing and only the ugly 6.1 pin screen is available. I have had seen this problem before on other ROMs, sometimes it was a problem in the sys, other times the chefs simply left it out because they favoured a third party locking app.
Thanks Daoom, looks like you already read the CoOkie Monster Thread.
You are totally right, a custom ROM as AmiKAm's MikROM fix the "exchange poilicies" and also you must had read CoOkie Monster said that PIN feature is now not able through the CHT locker, but it will be a future feature.
Sorry still can't help you with that.
He also said the only solution is disable CHT lockerscreen through CHTeditor and use one that works for you. By the way, also some of the people who are part of the TEAM (CHT mod) say "don't take it as it is written on a rock"
(the PIN feature and other lockers features in a soon future).
Perfection is not a place where you arrive, it is the very journey itself where aletheia would become

Last edited by Sabroso; 04-22-2010 at 12:24 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

daoom is just getting started
Re: how to recover 23xxx stuff in 21xxx sys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabroso View Post
You are totally right, a custom ROM as AmiKAm's MikROM fix the "exchange poilicies" and also you must had read CoOkie Monster said that PIN feature is now not able through the CHT locker, but it will be a future feature. Sorry still can't help you with that.
He also said the only solution is disable CHT lockerscreen through CHTeditor and use one that works for you.
The PIN screen and windows lockout work, that's not the problem. The problem is that the screens which are displayed (and I'm guessing built into the ROM) are the WinMo 6.1 screens and not the WinMo 6.5 (i.e. the lock screen with the slider and the "skinned" pin entry screen).

On another note, regardless of what Co0kie builds into it, I don't think it will solve the problem for people like me. The exchange policies force the OS to enable its own built in locking mechanism and I have yet to see a third party app that could "hook in" at that level.

Hell, what I'd really like is an app that could run activesync in a virtual environment and make it think all the policies are set without them actually being set on the device.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
The PIN screen and windows lockout work, that's not the problem. The problem is that the screens which are displayed (and I'm guessing built into the ROM) are the WinMo 6.1 screens and not the WinMo 6.5 (i.e. the lock screen with the slider and the "skinned" pin entry screen).

On another note, regardless of what Co0kie builds into it, I don't think it will solve the problem for people like me. The exchange policies force the OS to enable its own built in locking mechanism and I have yet to see a third party app that could "hook in" at that level.

Hell, what I'd really like is an app that could run activesync in a virtual environment and make it think all the policies are set without them actually being set on the device.
the reason u get the old 6.1 lockscreen is because as u said before... im one of those chefs that leaves the lockscreen out cuz i prefer another one anyways. its all up in the change lock... i can make u a cab with the lockscreen if u want or think u need it... just tell me which version u using.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:48 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [4/20/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21901 / 23563 | Light / Standard | BuiltIn Co0kie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krlosRD View Post
Me again!

Try to add a contact on the FAVORITE TAB selecting a square...

If I try to add a person I need to scroll down/up with my finger because I cant use the search option or have the ABCD letters on the right...

Sorry for my english
ok... so if i understand u right.
u go to people manila tab.
push one of the squares to add a favorite contact to the screen.
and u get a list of names right?

now... u r saying that u dont get the name search bar on the top of the screen?

cuz it does exist... and it does work, i double checked myself.

now... if u mean something else, let me know... otherwise... i can't really point my finger to what might cause u to have that issue since i really think u r the only one that has that issue.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

daoom is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
the reason u get the old 6.1 lockscreen is because as u said before... im one of those chefs that leaves the lockscreen out cuz i prefer another one anyways. its all up in the change lock... i can make u a cab with the lockscreen if u want or think u need it... just tell me which version u using.
That would be very cool of you. I'm using [04.20.2010]MikROM_Standard_23563. Thanks in advance. I know all I've done is complain on this thread, but I do like the ROM and appreciate the effort you put into it.

I found a weird issue this morning by the way; whenever I turn on Wifi and connect to my home network the alphanumeric keyboard won't pop up anymore for things like text messages (but does pop up for some text areas in the settings). The problem fixed itself last time with a soft reset but now it's persistent even after the reset.

EDITED TO ADD: Ok, I just realized this has nothing to do with Wifi. If you enable the windows lock screen (with a pin) this is how you replicate it:

1- Open the start menu (on the bottom left), and click the lock icon on the bottom left of the menu
2- Enter pin to unlock the phone
3- Go to text message tab, click menu, then new; the number only keyboard pops up

To fix this, you can do the following:

1- Goto Start > Settings > System > About
2- Goto the Device ID Page

When the Device Name field is highlighted, the alphanumeric keyboard pops up and the problem fixes itself. You can now close the start menu. The problem will happen again the next time you lock your phone using the built in windows locking.

It's quite possible this problem will fix itself if, as mentioned, you make me a CAB with the 6.5 lock screen in it.

Last edited by daoom; 04-22-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

ICantAffordIt is just getting started
Re: [4/20/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21901 / 23563 | Light / Standard | BuiltIn Co0kie

Just wanted to say, after that one weird thing (constant reboot cycle) everything seems fine. Liking the rom, keep up the good work and thanks for what you do.
A couple small issues I've noticed on past versions haven't come up for me yet... hopefully they're gone for good
Old 04-22-2010, 02:26 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
That would be very cool of you. I'm using [04.20.2010]MikROM_Standard_23563. Thanks in advance. I know all I've done is complain on this thread, but I do like the ROM and appreciate the effort you put into it.

I found a weird issue this morning by the way; whenever I turn on Wifi and connect to my home network the alphanumeric keyboard won't pop up anymore for things like text messages (but does pop up for some text areas in the settings). The problem fixed itself last time with a soft reset but now it's persistent even after the reset.

EDITED TO ADD: Ok, I just realized this has nothing to do with Wifi. If you enable the windows lock screen (with a pin) this is how you replicate it:

1- Open the start menu (on the bottom left), and click the lock icon on the bottom left of the menu
2- Enter pin to unlock the phone
3- Go to text message tab, click menu, then new; the number only keyboard pops up

To fix this, you can do the following:

1- Goto Start > Settings > System > About
2- Goto the Device ID Page

When the Device Name field is highlighted, the alphanumeric keyboard pops up and the problem fixes itself. You can now close the start menu. The problem will happen again the next time you lock your phone using the built in windows locking.

It's quite possible this problem will fix itself if, as mentioned, you make me a CAB with the 6.5 lock screen in it.
here u go... i hope this didn't have to be cooked in... otherwise it wont work.
let me know how it is... and if it actually fixed more than the lockscreen thing for u, also tell me what else it fixed.

edit:
i got a chance to check it myself... it works... just make sure u turn off the lockscreen on CHT and soft reset after install.
Attached Files
File Type: cab MikROM WM23563 LockScreen.cab (2.62 MB, 7 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by amikam; 04-22-2010 at 02:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:58 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

here is a nice addition to who ever wants 4 boxes on the contact tab.. it doesn't add more boxes but changes it to 4 instead of 3 per line.
all credits are to Rado_K from xda.
not sure if u have to disable manila or not before install... but just to be sure u might want to do that and then soft reset.
Attached Files
File Type: cab People 4x4 VGA.cab (24.9 KB, 52 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by amikam; 04-22-2010 at 03:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 [SPRINT]

3matthew3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular3matthew3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular3matthew3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just wanted to give a big Thank You for the excellent rom. Currently running April 18 23559 std. Bought this Touch Diamond a couple months back second hand... had no idea about the ability of cooked roms. Absolutely love this phone now! Tried about 5 other cooked roms [OMJ, Fearless, ect..] and yours is the best in my book. Already contains all the tweaks and mods. Tough for us newbies to the Diamond to play catch-up the all the prior development. [already spent countless hours going through all the different threads, and flashing/reflashing]. Been running this rom since the 18th with absolutely no major crashes, or glitches... battery life is excellent. [Actually the best I've had in any rom thus far] So far your rom is the most COMPLETE I've found.

Keep up the excellent work.
3Matthew3
Old 04-22-2010, 09:58 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3matthew3 View Post
Just wanted to give a big Thank You for the excellent rom. Currently running April 18 23559 std. Bought this Touch Diamond a couple months back second hand... had no idea about the ability of cooked roms. Absolutely love this phone now! Tried about 5 other cooked roms [OMJ, Fearless, ect..] and yours is the best in my book. Already contains all the tweaks and mods. Tough for us newbies to the Diamond to play catch-up the all the prior development. [already spent countless hours going through all the different threads, and flashing/reflashing]. Been running this rom since the 18th with absolutely no major crashes, or glitches... battery life is excellent. [Actually the best I've had in any rom thus far] So far your rom is the most COMPLETE I've found.

Keep up the excellent work.
3Matthew3
thanks for the comment man... im happy that r happy

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development