PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2010, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

IronRed is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5/20/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21904 / 23569 | GTX / Original / MikROM Theme]

This is by far the most fun I've ever had with a phone, I want to thank you for that. Things just wont be the same after next week. I find myself reading this thread daily and that will come to pass. Who knows, maybe Sprint will hook us up with a windows device in the comming months. I heard rumor that T-Mobile was going to release a smaller windows phone. Sounds interesting.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

seahurst is a n00b
Re: [5/20/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21904 / 23569 | GTX / Original / MikROM Theme]

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
also, what is u guys settings to auto update(email, weather, facebook, twitter and such) maybe thats an issue somehow.
I am on 21904 original and the only service I use with auto update feature is weather. I get SOD in low signal area (a few times) and during a charge (once).

Can't wait for the final drop. It sounds very promising!
Old 05-29-2010, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTc Diamond

powerpower73 is becoming a great contributor

amikam,

well here's my 2 cents.
First of all, I never, ever had SODs with MikORM, and I have been on your rom since 21898? I can't be sure, right now I am on 21904 original ver.
I am not in bad reception area but not in great. my signal bar never go up beyond 3 bar in my place, but never 0.
Also, I immediately disable Manila Lock comes with cookie mon., and replace it with s2u2. and of course, i disable fast charge tweak as well.
with that said, I don't use phone alot during weekdays since I am pretty much sitting in front of computer all day, and use landline, but I do get some personal call, worth about 20 min, and about 15-30 txts. everyday, along with about 20 min web browsing, and web based apps, like AP to read some news.

so to sum it up, i think it could be either manila locker or reception, not necessarily MikROM, then again, what do I know? I just wanted to let you know that your rom is still working perfect in my diamond and I really appreciate all your effort to make my experience with diamond enjoyable.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
im porting some new manila packages myself... not fun with all those lua codes and mode8 files... im happy i have pretty much 90%-99% of amarulz previous work to look at and compare, which saves me tones of time trying to align things on the screen.
also... im hoping it will prove itself worth it... it takes forever to do...
so far i have tested with cookie mod and everything that i got working is:
Manila_Core 2_5_20132227_0
Manila_Home 2_5_20113626_2
Manila_Internet 2_5_20113925_0
Manila_Message 2_5_20121831_0
Manila_People 2_5_20134030_1 (huge improvement) - ported myself
Manila_Photo 2_5_19224024_0
Manila_Twitter 2_5_20113227_1
Manila_Weather 2_5_20121525_0

basically there is a lot more i did.... the most work so far has been on manila people.
also... i noticed that although amarluz did a great job he mostly just edited lua files and not so much the mode 9 files... i going over all of his port to change the mode 9 files that might need it and of course in all the packages i got.
also.... a few more htc packages were updated, and i cleaned out manila from extra localization files(0409 also had en-uk so, i took those files out which does save much space but clears about 50 or so files from the windows dir)
there are a lot of people i would like to thank but the names are everywhere... i basically took all the roms out there and took the newest packages that were not carrier branded and used them... so it was a lot of work.... but i really think its worth it in the end... this will delay my release probably for another day... but really worth it from the results im seeing so far.
since its a final release i might as well do the best i can and really put some work into a little more than skinning things.
Hope you'll share your updated files . Also, porting the lua scripts was deemed 'better' by some of the people at xda, though I don't know the reasoning behind it.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Hope you'll share your updated files . Also, porting the lua scripts was deemed 'better' by some of the people at xda, though I don't know the reasoning behind it.
ill share all... the only thing i did notice is that messing with both the mode9 and the lua sometimes can't work together... cuz u change something on the lua script that fits the original wvga mode9 file to fit vga... so i guess changing both wont always work as u want it to...
and of course lua is better, or should i say easier... because going over things to change in mode9 is a nightmare.
the only thing is that i think i need to find a way to combine both.... other wise the port is not perfect.
for example... u change the lua file to make the font smaller and the locations of items on the screen and such... but u making decisions based on how it works with the mode9 wvga settings and limitations. so... im assuming that manila actually thinks that the screen is wvga only with diff locations for diff items... but if i find a good way to combine both then it would work as if it is really vga and not "fake" vga.
while either way would give u the results u want, i think it would work faster if manila would recognize the vga screen limitations.
changing the mode 9 from what i noticed so far is much like the packages i port a while back just by changing the xml settings. the biggest problem here is that when i changed the xml and image files i had a simulation of how it lloks by using programatix xmlgui.... and with mode9 i have no clue until i try... so probably will take forever to do. which is making me think that im probably just gonna stick to lua right now and work with what amarluz did and if i need to change something to make it work or find a way to better it i will.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

seahurst is a n00b

Quote:
ok guys... i have a tiny request... im testing this new 2013 manila with 21905 sys... now im putting a link to download the version im testing and hoping will stay on my phone... its a light version so dont expect it to have lots of things on it.
please... if any of u guys would like to test it out go right a head and give some feedback.
its the fastest one yet as far as i noticed and as far as i know everything that i've tried works and no issues at all so far.
it should be looked at as a test version but it might be the final release after ill add/change more things in it.
anyways... here is the link:
http://hotfile.com/dl/45255531/0371e...3_Test.7z.html
I have been testing this for about 12 hours and got 2 SOD's already. This time, I was in the exact same building where there is low/no signal. Also, it happened just right after I got a missed call too. Now, I am leaning towards the problem that could perhaps due to manila locker + low signal + message indicator (for the missed call).

For those with SOD happening at full charge, do you remember if there was missed call/incoming txtmsg indicator at the time after you reset ?
Old 05-30-2010, 04:07 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahurst View Post
I have been testing this for about 12 hours and got 2 SOD's already. This time, I was in the exact same building where there is low/no signal. Also, it happened just right after I got a missed call too. Now, I am leaning towards the problem that could perhaps due to manila locker + low signal + message indicator (for the missed call).

For those with SOD happening at full charge, do you remember if there was missed call/incoming txtmsg indicator at the time after you reset ?
seems like u go to that building a lot... anyways.. try something for me to see if it solves it.
go to CHT and check if both manilalocker and default lockescreen are both enabled.
if they are then cancel the default one and see if the SOD happens again... maybe it has something to do with it, its a slim chance that thats whats doing it... but still an option cuz they might be conflicting... although i thin that even people who has manila locker disabled get SOD's at low signal areas.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:57 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ok.... so after a long time of messing around with mode9 and lua... i decided to kinda give up on the mode9 and stick to lua... mode9 is just a nightmare and unless i really find something that needs to be changed its not worth it.
on the other hand... i am improving amarluz work by optimizing the lua code.
i found some functions that looks to see if its a vga/hvga/wvga screen... so instead of letting a bunch of "if.." and "elseif.." statements run i just change to be vga by default.

Last edited by amikam; 05-30-2010 at 06:04 AM.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC CDMA Diamond

jjairal is keeping up the good workjjairal is keeping up the good work

havent had any sods with the test rom but i have been disableing the manila locker like u said in cht so i just use one type of locker. also i am trying using a different radio, it might be helping as well. are u thinking of removing touch in call tweak. Kinda got used to having it in there. Settings i use are a bit different tho. i have it ignore light sensor and first screen off and set it to not use apm. This way if im in the dark it won't shut off the screen while i am trying to enter numbers in a call.

Last edited by jjairal; 05-30-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjairal View Post
havent had any sods with the test rom but i have been disableing the manila locker like u said in cht so i just use one type of locker. also i am trying using a different radio, it might be helping as well. are u thinking of removing touch in call tweak. Kinda got used to having it in there. Settings i use are a bit different tho. i have it ignore light sensor and first screen off and set it to not use apm. This way if im in the dark it won't shut off the screen while i am trying to enter numbers in a call.
Here's a cab, just in case you ever need it ...
Attached Files
File Type: cab Touch_InCall_Screen_Tweak v1.2.0.CAB (51.0 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development