View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 10:57 PM
amikam
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5/20/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21904 / 23569 | GTX / Original / MikROM Theme]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Hope you'll share your updated files . Also, porting the lua scripts was deemed 'better' by some of the people at xda, though I don't know the reasoning behind it.
ill share all... the only thing i did notice is that messing with both the mode9 and the lua sometimes can't work together... cuz u change something on the lua script that fits the original wvga mode9 file to fit vga... so i guess changing both wont always work as u want it to...
and of course lua is better, or should i say easier... because going over things to change in mode9 is a nightmare.
the only thing is that i think i need to find a way to combine both.... other wise the port is not perfect.
for example... u change the lua file to make the font smaller and the locations of items on the screen and such... but u making decisions based on how it works with the mode9 wvga settings and limitations. so... im assuming that manila actually thinks that the screen is wvga only with diff locations for diff items... but if i find a good way to combine both then it would work as if it is really vga and not "fake" vga.
while either way would give u the results u want, i think it would work faster if manila would recognize the vga screen limitations.
changing the mode 9 from what i noticed so far is much like the packages i port a while back just by changing the xml settings. the biggest problem here is that when i changed the xml and image files i had a simulation of how it lloks by using programatix xmlgui.... and with mode9 i have no clue until i try... so probably will take forever to do. which is making me think that im probably just gonna stick to lua right now and work with what amarluz did and if i need to change something to make it work or find a way to better it i will.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
This post has been thanked 1 times.