PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2010, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

IronRed is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5/20/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21904 / 23569 | GTX / Original / MikROM Theme]

amikan, honestly i think that the issue started to occur 1 month ago, like beginning of april. prior to that, there were no SOD issues for me. so something changed.

on the stock rom, ths phone would reboot on it's on. phone calls wouldn't come through. and sometimes text would not come through for me.

energy rom - i don't know what all works. i text a lot, voice calls, surf the net, and do emails. these things work, i can't tell u anything else.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [5/20/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21904 / 23569 | GTX / Original / MikROM Theme]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjairal View Post
Ill give it a shot and see. Btw that file for bookmarks was missing in the 5/20 gtx at least i could'nt find it.
yea.... thats why its not working... sorry for that...
ill update the rom later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRed View Post
amikan, honestly i think that the issue started to occur 1 month ago, like beginning of april. prior to that, there were no SOD issues for me. so something changed.

on the stock rom, ths phone would reboot on it's on. phone calls wouldn't come through. and sometimes text would not come through for me.

energy rom - i don't know what all works. i text a lot, voice calls, surf the net, and do emails. these things work, i can't tell u anything else.
on a stock rom? really?
im trying to think what i changed in April... i did convert a lot of the oem dll's to modules... maybe thats whats happening...
ill check out how energy has his oem dll's set up... maybe i shouldn't have done that... even though there are no issues for me, im not a heavy user or at a bad reception zone.
ill compare the oem dlls to see which ones he got as modules and which ones as files... and ill change it. the next update will have those changes.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

energy rom hangs up briefly when typing, for maybe 10 seconds. pages hang when i'm browsing. these are things that my stock rom did and things that your rom was doing back in february. still, i'll use the phone more in the coming days to see how it goes.

visually, the text is sharper. that's prob a default setting he picked. otherwise, it's looks like yours with a different background.

also want to say the battery life is same as yours, which is good.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

energy rom only has 40mg free after install.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC CDMA Diamond

jjairal is keeping up the good workjjairal is keeping up the good work

loving this test rom. the text message app is pretty cool with the bubbles. was this in the 5/20mikrom cause it wasnt on the gtx. or is it new?
Old 05-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc Diamond
Carrier: sprint

bender29 is a n00b

just wanted to say that I've been trying out various roms the past couple of weeks and have started locking in your 5/20 21904 rom.

It looks nice by default and I like how the start menu is organized. Basically, I flash it and the phone is basically set up the way I want. I just install my extra programs.

Everything seems to be working fine, battery life is good for my usage. No SOD for me - I recharged last night at 20%. I am in a very good signal area.

I'll see how it behaves under heavy usage during the long weekend, but just wanted to say thanks
Old 05-28-2010, 10:34 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjairal View Post
loving this test rom. the text message app is pretty cool with the bubbles. was this in the 5/20mikrom cause it wasnt on the gtx. or is it new?
i actually put up a cab for that mod a while back... its kimi messaging mod... u can also disable the bubbles if u like through the menu... so its pretty cool and much faster then what amarluz initially did with it.

ill add that to the final release.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:35 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender29 View Post
just wanted to say that I've been trying out various roms the past couple of weeks and have started locking in your 5/20 21904 rom.

It looks nice by default and I like how the start menu is organized. Basically, I flash it and the phone is basically set up the way I want. I just install my extra programs.

Everything seems to be working fine, battery life is good for my usage. No SOD for me - I recharged last night at 20%. I am in a very good signal area.

I'll see how it behaves under heavy usage during the long weekend, but just wanted to say thanks
im happy its working good for u.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:03 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

im porting some new manila packages myself... not fun with all those lua codes and mode8 files... im happy i have pretty much 90%-99% of amarulz previous work to look at and compare, which saves me tones of time trying to align things on the screen.
also... im hoping it will prove itself worth it... it takes forever to do...
so far i have tested with cookie mod and everything that i got working is:
Manila_Core 2_5_20132227_0
Manila_Home 2_5_20113626_2
Manila_Internet 2_5_20113925_0
Manila_Message 2_5_20121831_0
Manila_People 2_5_20134030_1 (huge improvement) - ported myself
Manila_Photo 2_5_19224024_0
Manila_Twitter 2_5_20113227_1
Manila_Weather 2_5_20121525_0

basically there is a lot more i did.... the most work so far has been on manila people.
also... i noticed that although amarluz did a great job he mostly just edited lua files and not so much the mode 9 files... i going over all of his port to change the mode 9 files that might need it and of course in all the packages i got.
also.... a few more htc packages were updated, and i cleaned out manila from extra localization files(0409 also had en-uk so, i took those files out which does save much space but clears about 50 or so files from the windows dir)
there are a lot of people i would like to thank but the names are everywhere... i basically took all the roms out there and took the newest packages that were not carrier branded and used them... so it was a lot of work.... but i really think its worth it in the end... this will delay my release probably for another day... but really worth it from the results im seeing so far.
since its a final release i might as well do the best i can and really put some work into a little more than skinning things.
This post has been thanked 7 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development