PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 12:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4/11/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21898 / 23557 | Lite & Standard Versions]

Quote:

Yes, GPS is working great! Thanks again for all your support. All that frustration for a hardware issue.
Do like the Black and Grey (in/out) highlights in SMS.
Noticed the font size was not changing as well…. Maybe it can be fixed? My eyes are good and prefer it smaller (probably opposite for you my friend)

What is the GPS problem you had? I've always had a problem with this ROM (starting from the earlier version until the March version) that the GPS software (igo8 to be specific) could not lock any satellite from time to time. I had to download the gps file from quickgps almost every time (even though I might just download it a day ago, with the file still valid for another 5-6 days) I tried to use igo8, otherwise the damn thing could not get any signal. This is super annoying. I've tried both standard and lite version 218** sys, both failed.

Also, the unresponsive d-pad thing still haunted me. When I use outlook or an e-book reader called Haali reader, the "up" and "enter" button on d-pad comes unresponsive after a few pushes (they may work for the first couple of touches, but almost always stop working after that).
Old 04-15-2010, 05:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc6950
Carrier: sprint

drzero is a n00b

thanks
Old 04-15-2010, 08:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

shanep13 is becoming a great contributor

Procter,
The GPS issue that was occurring was no satellites found (using Google maps or Telenav). Thought it was a ROM issue as well but it turned out to be a hardware issue (chip went bad). There has not been any ROM that was found to cause GPS issues (From my search results). If possible flash back to Stock ROM and see if GPS issue is still there or not, if issue is still there you’ll know it is hardware related and save a lot of time.

The issue you are seeing (there are many posts about this GPS problem) the phone requires QuickGPS to start the GPS first (like warming up the chip or something) in order for GPS to work.

Have you updated your radio lately? (Works for some):
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71409
http://everythingdiamond.info/showthread.php?t=43

If that does not work there is a longer process that has work for some:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36639

Hope these ideas help, spend days trying, installing Cabs, changing registries, reading posts, Hard resets, only to find out it was hardware related. If these suggestions do not help, a quick search will bring up many, many threads on GPS issues. Good Luck!

Last edited by shanep13; 04-15-2010 at 08:14 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

IronRed is just getting started

Can someone help? I downloaded some songs from digitaldripped.com and they went to main memory. Now I have no memory free and I can not find where the files were saved. I tried to DL another and checked the location and it says my documents\\INternal storage\mydocuments\mymusic. This folder does not exist?
Old 04-15-2010, 01:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

shanep13 is becoming a great contributor

IronRed,
Try using Total Commander:
Option:
File/Find Files

Leave:
Search for Blank
Containing Text Blank
Check: Not older than (select time frame)

It should find the files.

From there you can move them or delete them.
If TC does not find the files you may need to hard reset (that will eliminate the files, unfortunately also your data).
Good Luck and let us know what happens.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Arrow Re: How to use WM "Search" tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRed View Post
Can someone help? I downloaded some songs from digitaldripped.com and they went to main memory. Now I have no memory free and I can not find where the files were saved. I tried to DL another and checked the location and it says my documents\\INternal storage\mydocuments\mymusic. This folder does not exist?
Hi Ironred, Hope this Help you, go to folders -> start menu -> productivity. Press "search" . Type "mp3" or whatever format is the song you donwloaded. Why don't you select the "storage memory" to store the songs??
Hi Shanep13, have you received my answer from the PMs?? I'm waiting for your new suggestion for my signature. BTW, mwalt2 is mention in the thanks to people from CoOkie Monster developer, so guess his Manila Locker is in someway inside the CoOkie Monster scripts (just guessing anyway). Did the CHT Locker Lock your hard buttons and Volumen buttons???
Procter & Shanep13: BTW, actually QuickGPS just reduce(decrease) the TIME that the GPS antena took for found the Satelllites. The TIME drop down from 10-15 minutes to 20-30 seconds.

Perfection is not a place where you arrive, it is the very journey itself where aletheia would become

Last edited by Sabroso; 04-15-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanep13 View Post
Procter,
The GPS issue that was occurring was no satellites found (using Google maps or Telenav). Thought it was a ROM issue as well but it turned out to be a hardware issue (chip went bad). There has not been any ROM that was found to cause GPS issues (From my search results). If possible flash back to Stock ROM and see if GPS issue is still there or not, if issue is still there you’ll know it is hardware related and save a lot of time.

The issue you are seeing (there are many posts about this GPS problem) the phone requires QuickGPS to start the GPS first (like warming up the chip or something) in order for GPS to work.

Have you updated your radio lately? (Works for some):
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71409
http://everythingdiamond.info/showthread.php?t=43

If that does not work there is a longer process that has work for some:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36639

Hope these ideas help, spend days trying, installing Cabs, changing registries, reading posts, Hard resets, only to find out it was hardware related. If these suggestions do not help, a quick search will bring up many, many threads on GPS issues. Good Luck!
Thanks for the reply. I've using the radio 1.12.34F for almost half year which I think is the most updated version. And prior to using this ROM, I used stock, juicy, mighty and GadgetROM, never seem to have such problem. Sometimes I did see longer process to lock satellite in those roms, but never occurred to me as "could not lock any for 10-15mins".
Old 04-15-2010, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

IronRed is just getting started

Thanks guys. Sabroso, I thought it was going to Internal Storage. I saw Internal storage in the path. Turns out that was incorrect. The path was \My Documents\\Internal Storage\My Document\My Music <-- HIDDEN F'ing file. I used total commander to type in the location. Once I typed in Internal Storage, the rest of the folders showed up. Then I was able to move the files.

Oh yeah, searching for the files by various methods did not work. They were hidden good.

Last edited by IronRed; 04-15-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Exclamation HELP CoOkie Monster Mod v1.7 PROBLEM????

*** HELP *** ( I use sys21898 ROM 11 April, Sprint Diamond CDMA)
ANY SUGGESTION OR TIPS???

Very Strange Thing, don't want to alarm anyone,
but today I have only ONLY just answer several SMSs and 5 emails while charging my battery, when finnisht charging.
Just shutdown with power button --> slide to turn off.
Change to my second Battery for charge it (I just want to HIGHLITED that I have not install nothing, nor make any setting change)
and when booted notice CLOCK don't update just keep 0:00 (after 4 min), so reboot again, HTC home screen don't appear (just the waiting cursor appear and ROM background).
Reboot again HTC home screen appear but everything is Freeze,
Reboot again and after press "X" be enable to access to HTC home Screen functions but CAN'T access to "Start MEnu".
REboot somemore times and I can't never access to Start MENU,
after more reboots somehow "start menu" appear
THEN I think I will disable "HTC Sense" with it suppose to disable CoOkie Monster MOD which the last thing I installed and changed settings,
but NOW I have just the background screen and CAN'T access "start menu" or anything.
By the way, My batt&clock is still updating and every 15min evdo conection appear as is checking email or something like that but as I have say:
NO HTC home screen or Start Menu I 'm able to ACCESS.
Any ideas, suggestion??? anyone knows if there are a "Safe boot" option as in WinMobile in Windows OS (XP, Vista, Win7)???

IronRed, maybe your ROM still have set the default path for "My Music" to
(root)\My Documents\My Music
I believe there is a REGEDIT to change it to
(root)\Internal Storage\My Documents\My Music
I use "advance configuration tool v3.3" to easy way to change default "Locations"
maybe your trouble is that actually in your device the default location for "my Music"
is
\My Documents\\Internal Storage\My Documents\My Music
which is wrong because don't have to have the "\My Documents\"
before "\Internal Storage\My Documents\My Music"

Last edited by Sabroso; 04-15-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

onehitter is just getting started

Does anybody have a cab for a normal flip clock that will work with the 23557 rom and not mess anything up? The one used in this rom is has the two dots in between the hour and minutes misplaced with the cookie mod 1.7 in certain home screen configurations.

Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development