PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

silex is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4/11/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21898 / 23557 | Lite & Standard Versions]

What are the sys files for and do we need them or can we just install the ROM without it?
Old 04-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by silex View Post
What are the sys files for and do we need them or can we just install the ROM without it?
Version specific sys files are built into each ROM, so just flash the ROM of your choice, and you'll be good to go. When someone asks for sys files, they are normally asking for them in order to cook their own ROM based on that specific system (build version).

Hope this helps...
Best to all,
R
Old 04-18-2010, 12:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

ill be uploading later tonight new versions of the rom because i probaby wont be able to update it for like 3 weeks.
sys 21899(cuz i can't get my hands on 21901 yet) and sys 23559.
cookie 1.7 (u will have to play with its setting yourself, but its fun) and a new custom slider i made real quick to lose the clear one, plus some changes to home screen skin.
p.s. i havent been following too much of you guys comments... so if u had any issues with the last version that is not graphics related... its probably still there.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils

Last edited by amikam; 04-18-2010 at 12:31 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

bmckenna is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanep13 View Post
Bmckenna,

One: Click on the an empty box on the quick links Home tab to add a shortcut. Then select Weather Animation On/Off Switch. It will put a shortcut on your quick links tab to turn off and on the weather animations.

Two: This post contains additional Keyboards

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1601313&postcount=360
There are no other keyboards installed. Calkulins has 3 keyboards installed (compact, Phone standard. Try FingerKeyB.

Three: The standard messaging you are referring to is WM ( Prefer this one as well, would not mind if the next release has HTC messaging removed. Through Sense it uses HTC’s messaging.
(reference: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=114890 and http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=5636124&postcount=5 )
Perhaps in the next release Amikam could remove the HTC messaging?

Hope this helps
That was perfect. I actually found the solution to problem 1 a few minutes before I checked the forum, but thank you very much anyway! I'll check out those other keyboards. This one isn't bad, but I have very fat thumbs and tend to...well, fat-thumb my typing a lot, heh.

Yeah, I just generally liked the standard messaging better, as there's more screen real estate...but now that I've gotten the keyboard/T9 set up for the HTC messenger, it's not a HUGE deal anyway. Thanks again!

Also, is there any sort of donate option to the author of the ROM? I didn't see anything anywhere.

Last edited by bmckenna; 04-18-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:09 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmckenna View Post
That was perfect. I actually found the solution to problem 1 a few minutes before I checked the forum, but thank you very much anyway! I'll check out those other keyboards. This one isn't bad, but I have very fat thumbs and tend to...well, fat-thumb my typing a lot, heh.

Yeah, I just generally liked the standard messaging better, as there's more screen real estate...but now that I've gotten the keyboard/T9 set up for the HTC messenger, it's not a HUGE deal anyway. Thanks again!

Also, is there any sort of donate option to the author of the ROM? I didn't see anything anywhere.
im happy it worked out for u.
about the donation part... thank u for the thought, but i never gave donation so i dont expect donation... thats pretty much why.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:51 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: [4/18/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21899 / 23559 | Lite & Standard Versions]

u guys should play around with cookie mod to get everything the way u want it to look like.
here is a screen shot of the home page.

btw... i would like some opinions on the slider... i think it looks good and simple.. it took me about 30 min to make it so there might have been something i over looked.

Last edited by amikam; 04-18-2010 at 02:00 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:43 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ok... all roms are up.
have fun... please be patient cuz i really dont have time to help too much with problems right now or to follow everyones posts.
if anyone feels like it, feel free to pm me with still existing issues and if u know how to fix, add that in to.

thanks.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:09 AM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
ok... all roms are up.
have fun... please be patient cuz i really dont have time to help too much with problems right now or to follow everyones posts.
if anyone feels like it, feel free to pm me with still existing issues and if u know how to fix, add that in to.

thanks.
Hmmm, I don't see the 23559 ROMs. The only problem I had with your 23557 Light ROM is that most of the Mobile Office applications wouldn't launch. The 6.5 ROMs were reported to work, so maybe it was the SYS. If you put up the 23559 ROM, I'll let you know how Office works.

Thanks,
JZR
Old 04-18-2010, 03:37 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZR View Post
Hmmm, I don't see the 23559 ROMs. The only problem I had with your 23557 Light ROM is that most of the Mobile Office applications wouldn't launch. The 6.5 ROMs were reported to work, so maybe it was the SYS. If you put up the 23559 ROM, I'll let you know how Office works.

Thanks,
JZR
oops... sent them to sys folder by mistake.
fixed now.
i checked office... it seems to work.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

bmckenna is a n00b

Someone mentioned you updated this ROM often...now I see they were completely right.

I like the lock feature in the ROM I installed yesterday. Very clean. The one thing that I've heard that sounded better (never actually tried it) was a lock feature that asked for one keystroke on unlocking, and if you got it wrong, it went to asking for a full PIN. Seemed like kind of a nice blend between security and ease of access, but I never actually installed it to see if it was any good, heh.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development