PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Re: [3/27/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21897 / 23551 | Lite & Standard Versions]

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanep13 View Post
Thank you for your help Sabroso, ....
I have tried manually configuring both TeleNav and Google maps with no change (still weak signal and zero satellites found)
Shanep13, Let see If I can help you with Google-Maps.
First step: let me know if you have in "HTC Home tab" the "My location weather" working fine??? (that means that your automaticaly local weather is automaticaly know where you are (town, city, country), so
if you move to other place automaticaly relocate it with that local weather. So actually you are seeing at the home tab your local weather not manually set, isn't it??
Ok, second step:
What version of G-maps are you using?? I remmember people telling having problem with v3.2, so download the last one which is v4.0.0.81 from this link here (if it is not the one you are using today).
Now we both have the same version on G-maps,
Third step:
Open G-maps, go to menu--> "option" : tell me what text appear in the first row (it can be "USE GPS" or "Turn Off GPS") ?? and now go to "GPS setting" and tell me what is the settings ("Managed by Windows" or "set Manually")??
Ok return to map view and Next go to "menu" --> "Help" --> "about" : what text appear in this categories: a) Total data received; b) cache size; c) Platform; d) battery; e) myl; f) wifi ??? and close G-maps.
Fourth Step: Press start button --> Settings --> Personal --> Phone , you will be now in "Settings" (Voicemail/sounds-rings settings) windows go to "Services" TAB (at the bottom) You will see a square with a list of "phone service settings" select "Location Setting" and press "Get Settings" and tell me which option is mark (on or off).
Ok now I will wait for your answer Shanep13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRed View Post
I'm using system 21XXX. It is still happening sometimes, but i couldn't figure out why sometimes and not all the time. Looks like you isolated it.
Hi IronRed, sorry it seems we both misunderstood each other. I was saying You Said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRed View Post
I removed manilla locker from 21XXX because it actually was getting on my nerves. There is a delay before it releases the screen. Seems like my screen would go dark within 10 seconds instead of the 30 seconds I specified. and then the screen would be locked. Also, the phone went to sleep and didn't come back up overnight twice. Then today I had to hold the power button for a while to get the screen to wake up. I think after using the cab to remove it, it felt like I was moving faster through the screens. But later I got a bug that I had a month ago with an earlier version, the text message screen would hang up. Now when I try to leave the text screen, it hangs up for maybe 10 - 15 seconds.
SO I think Shanep13, was talking about that same bug, but without having your same step to replicated the bug. So that is why I highlighted that you say you use sys-21xxx but don't specify which one.
Anyway I have not see that bug in the last ROM I'm using now this last week.
Perfection is not a place where you arrive, it is the very journey itself where aletheia would become

Last edited by Sabroso; 04-05-2010 at 05:57 AM. Reason: enhanced my questions
Old 04-04-2010, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

IronRed is just getting started
Re: [3/27/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21897 / 23551 | Lite & Standard Versions]

oh, I'm 21897. I have the latest build.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: DIAMOND

milkman6453 is a n00b

ok first problem i encountered, i made a call and the phone locked like normal. I then reach the answering machine so i tried to end call, a top bar with some icons was down at the time(don't know why) the screen froze and couldn't press anything not even end. I pressed the top sleep button and the answering machine repeated over and over i didn't get your message. I had to take the battery out
Old 04-05-2010, 09:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

shanep13 is becoming a great contributor

Sabroso,
Thank you for your help.
Have tried so many cabs, G-maps and TeleNav versions, reg settings, all with no change.
(Currently awaiting any help after flash to stock then flash to 27Mar10 Lite 21897)

First step: let me know if you have in "HTC Home tab" the "My location weather" working fine??? Yes it is on and working
Second step:
Same version you linked

Third step:
G-maps, go to menu--> "option" = Turn Off GPS

"GPS setting" = "Managed by Windows"
"menu" --> "Help" --> "about" :
a) Total data received = 296KB
b) cache size = 512KB
c) Platform = winm-PocketPCv5.2.21897-DIAM500/WEB [en_US, en]
d) battery = 83%
e) myl = N/A
f) wifi = N/A (4)

Fourth Step: Press start button --> Settings --> Personal --> Phone , you will be now in "Settings" (Voicemail/sounds-rings settings) windows go to "Services" TAB (at the bottom) You will see a square with a list of "phone service settings" select "Location Setting" and press "Get Settings" = on
Old 04-06-2010, 05:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Exclamation Re: Manila locker issues / GPS

AmiKAM, please I don't want to take your time but if you can write in your list, that the "roaming ICON" is bad assigned. It appear the "wifi ICON" instead of.
----------------------------------------------
Shanep13
Quote:
First step:
let me know if you have in "HTC Home tab" the "My location weather" working fine??? Yes it is on and working
Second step: Same version you linked
Third step:G-maps, go to menu--> "option" = Turn Off GPS
"GPS setting" = "Managed by Windows"
"menu" --> "Help" --> "about" :
a) Total data received = 296KB
b) cache size = 512KB
c) Platform = winm-PocketPCv5.2.21897-DIAM500/WEB [en_US, en]
d) battery = 83%
e) myl = N/A
f) wifi = N/A (4)
Fourth Step: Press start button --> Settings --> Personal --> Phone , you will be now in "Settings" (Voicemail/sounds-rings settings) windows go to "Services" TAB (at the bottom) You will see a square with a list of "phone service settings" select "Location Setting" and press "Get Settings" = on
Shanep13, mmm not what I was waiting, anyway,
First step: Press "Start Menu" go to Folder where QuickGPS is a open it, Put the Mark on the three options and then PRESS "DOWNLOAD" and tell me What say in "VALID TIME" THEN press in "DONE" left Softkey. Close QuickGPS.
Second step: Open G-Maps
press "menu" --> "option" --> "GPS setting": Select = "Set Manually" change manually to "COM4" and 4800, Press left softkey "OK". Now over the MAP press the blue square with a Bright blue spot (Down-right Corner). No inmediatelly focus your attemption to the Uper-right Corner. Did appear a little blue rectangule with "Seeking GPS satellites (0)" legend???? Wait 20 seconds and notice if it start to get Satellites?? IF not,
Step Third: CLose G-Maps go to HTC Home tab, press "Menu" --> "set local time and date. What appeas???
Step Fourth: Go to HTC settings TAB, go to "Location" write what are the options selected, please.
----------------------------------------------

Last edited by Sabroso; 04-06-2010 at 06:29 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:07 AM
N00b

Sabroso,
So far all the settings seem to be fine, very frustrating.
Thank you again for all your help.

First step: (Was 4 days but updated now)
Download time 06/04/10 06:56:12
Valid time: 7 days 0 hours
Second step:

Manually set to COM4 and 4800
"Seeking GPS satellites (0)" l waited and zero satellites found
Step Third:
Time: 7:01 am
Date: Apr 6 2010
City: GMT-6 Central US
Step Fourth:
Location service settings: On
Programs that Use location services: checked
Automatically decline location service in all HTC software that attempt to use location: not checked
Old 04-06-2010, 01:43 PM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor
Re: Manila locker issues / GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabroso View Post
AmiKAM, please I don't want to take your time but if you can write in your list, that the "roaming ICON" is bad assigned. It appear the "wifi ICON" instead of.
Is that what's going on? Good catch. I was in a room where I got no signal, and saw that my WiFi appeared to be on. I thought amikam had somehow set the phone to enable WiFi when a data connection wasn't available. It makes more sense that the phone was just roaming, and the roaming icon is incorrectly displaying as WiFI.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:49 PM
N00b

Sabroso,
Thank you for your help but after reading every thread found here at ppcgeeks and XDA Developers regarding GPS issues the following was found:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1604823&postcount=3572

Actually Sabroso you replied in post 358 on this topic.

In Post: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1607402&postcount=3598
Scmasaru stated that adding the following to the registry resolves the issue:
For those who cannot get AGPS or My Location to work please check the Google Mobile Maps About page. If the second from the last line shows "myl: N/A", add the following reg keys:
Code:
HKLM\software\google\googlemaps
supports_extended_ril=1 (String Value)
supports_extended_wifi=1 (String Value)

Later Google maps versions fail to create the two items so myl stopped working. Before we did not have this problem because OMJ cooked in the GMM 3.2 which creates teh reg values. So for later versions we should always cook in the two reg keys to work around the problem.

It appears to be an issue with OMJ’s kitchen….
I am sure OMJ is working on resolving the issue.

Still getting zero satellites found but the map jumps to my location (very close maybe 100 feet) within seconds.

Amikam,
Can this be added to your next release?

Last edited by shanep13; 04-06-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

ok guys sorry but i really still dont have much time.
im working on a theme in my free time and dont really keep up with new things... ill probably have time starting tomorrow night and the take care of all the issues...
here is a preview of the slider im making... almost done.
please tell me what u guys think of it.

it might look better in black or just on a black background.... not sure about it yet.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils

Last edited by amikam; 04-06-2010 at 04:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: GPS vs A-GPS

ANYONE KNOW, if it is posible to have a NOT working GPS ANTENA but have My location weather working????
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZR View Post
Is that what's going on? Good catch. I was in a room where I got no signal, and saw that my WiFi appeared to be on. I thought amikam had somehow set the phone to enable WiFi when a data connection wasn't available. It makes more sense that the phone was just roaming, and the roaming icon is incorrectly displaying as WiFI.
HI JZR, Yeah you can easily confirm it (well you have to be in a roaming area for your number mobile first), Just when you see the "wifi ICON", Turn on WIFI and you will see double "wifi ICON". I guess it is a mistake for the original ".dll" file where ICONs are. Anyway did you notice if your Mobile get hot when you are roaming????
Quote:
Sabroso, So far all the settings seem to be fine, very frustrating....
First step: Valid time: 7 days 0 hours
Second step:
Manually set to COM4 and 4800
"Seeking GPS satellites (0)" l waited and zero satellites found
Step Third: Time: 7:01 am, Date: Apr 6 2010, City: GMT-6 Central US
Step Fourth: Location service settings: On; Programs that Use location services: checked; Automatically decline location service in all HTC software that attempt to use location: not checked
Shanep13, mmmm Again you have all the settings correctly set (which I was guessing was not),
Just to double check: After you manually update QuickGPS, and go to G-maps check that you have enable GPS (no "aGPS") and press the Blue square with the point, it actually say "
Seeking GPS satellites (0)" instead of "You current location is temporarily unavailable"?????? mmmm than mean that you actually have all the service enable but for some reason your GPS ANTENA is not working.
Step One:
Just a noob question but have you try in a undersky area (like a street, I mean not inside a building)??? (I guess GPS satellite are over the hole Earth, so it has to work anywhere with underSky direct view)
Step Two: Which radio are you using for what company, for example my radio is "Sprint Diamond v1.12.34F"?? have you update radio Lately????

Quote:
Sabroso,.....
In Post: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1607402&postcount=3598
Scmasaru stated that adding the following to the registry resolves the issue:
For those who cannot get AGPS or My Location to work please check the Google Mobile Maps About page. If the second from the last line shows "myl: N/A", add the following reg keys:
Code: HKLM\software\google\googlemaps
supports_extended_ril=1 (String Value)
supports_extended_wifi=1 (String Value)
Later Google maps versions fail to create the two items so myl stopped working.

Still getting zero satellites found but the map jumps to my location (very close maybe 100 feet) within seconds.
Shanep13, By the way, just for the record you undestand the difference betwwen "aGPS" and "GPS"? "aGPS" don't use the antena of your GPS, is use the CDMA towers to triangle your position which can be 1000 to 100 meters accurate only, and the speed of updated is not the one need it for "Drive assistance".
Shanep13, I guess you have already discover that to make work "aGPS" in G-maps you have to disable GPS (I mean press "Turn Off GPS")??
Anyway, that is not a solution for your problem (I mean a real solution) so that i why I have not mention that before.
What I really concern is about why
"Seeking GPS satellites (0)" find no Satellite,
because the "services are
on", you have "local weather" fine, QuickGPS fine, and it actually say "Seeking for GPS Satellites", mmm I will wait for you answer but I'm ending my check list.
Anyway, The good thing of "aGPS" is that don't consume you battery as the "GPS antena", but the bad thing is that need "data conection" for work, so in an area where you don't have signal as a rural road you will have no "aGPS" working.
I have already ask AmiKAM to include that "aGPS" regedit in future ROMs,
also the one which make "Opera mobile 10" autorotate enable.

Last edited by Sabroso; 04-07-2010 at 01:41 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development